Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detroit Lions hire Jim Caldwell for HC position

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...new-head-coach

There goes the next one. We need to win this week so that Adam Gase doesn't get pushed to Cleveland. They aren't going to wait through February for him (I hope).

Comment

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...e-hiring-coach

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...view-adam-gase

Comment

I am guessing that Detroit was the only job Gase would have considered. He is from Michigan. Can't see how anyone would want to go to Cleveland after they fired a first year Head Coach.

Michael Lombardi is an incredibly large D-bag.

Comment

Looks like the Lions are going to stay the Lions. Caldwell sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPlayShay View Post
            I am guessing that Detroit was the only job Gase would have considered. He is from Michigan. Can't see how anyone would want to go to Cleveland after they fired a first year Head Coach.

Michael Lombardi is an incredibly large D-bag.
            I still can't believe more people aren't up in arms about the fact the guy only got a year before getting ****-canned.

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
              Looks like the Lions are going to stay the Lions. Caldwell sucks.
              He's above .500. When you're at the bottom, sometimes average looks pretty awesome. Ask Chief fans!

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                He's above .500. When you're at the bottom, sometimes average looks pretty awesome. Ask Chief fans!
                Unfortunately the Lions don't have Peyton Manning. I'll be surprised if the Lions go better than 8-8 next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
                  Unfortunately the Lions don't have Peyton Manning.
                  Also they are the Lions.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Stout View Post
                    I still can't believe more people aren't up in arms about the fact the guy only got a year before getting ****-canned.
                    I think most of us see it as par for the course with the Browns. I can't imagine anyone worth anything would want that job.

Comment

Lombardi is just a Belicheat agent, who has no clue how to be a GM. Gase would be dumb to go there.

Comment

Originally posted by pricejj View Post
                        Lombardi is just a Belicheat agent, who has no clue how to be a GM. Gase would be dumb to go there.
                        Money and Power.... I'm sure Gase dreams of being a HC as well.

Comment

Originally posted by jmz313 View Post
                          Money and Power.... I'm sure Gase dreams of being a HC as well.
                          The Brown HC job doesn't count though.

Comment

Detroit wanted someone with HC experience. Seems Gase was not really a candidate if that was a necessary need on the resume.

Comment

By firing a coach after the first year has made the Brown's opening the worst place to be. Even if Gase waits til Feb. he should turn that one down out right. Its bit of a dick move to not tell Brown's that he doesn't want that job. Its like holding out on a date for the prom when you know you're not doing to take them.

Comment

Working...
                              X