Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What’s Really Going On With Derek Wolfe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In 2012 our injuries were actually quite minor.

2013 was really bad though.

Comment

• We had a weird rash of injuries, most of the more important ones came late in the season.
      But honestly, how is the training staff supposed to prevent ACL tears?
      We looked far better late in this previous season than we have in the past 2-3+ previous to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
        In 2012 our injuries were actually quite minor.

2013 was really bad though.
        It was why the Baltimore loss still stings. That was our freaking year.

Comment

• "Then, on November, 29, he suffered a seizure while riding the team bus to the airport.

"My nervous system kinda shut down," Wolfe said. "My body just kind of stopped. I didn't feel like I passed out, it just felt like I needed to fall asleep."

He says teammate Terrance Knighton started yelling for the bus to stop. Wolfe awoke 26 hours later in the hospital.

Wolfe says he was restrained in the hospital and even put into a medically induced coma to allow doctors to perform a spinal tap.

"They did an unbelievable job," he says.

To this day, the origin of the season-ending spine injury remains a bit of a mystery. Wolfe and his doctors suspect it all began with the preseason injury in Seattle, but they cannot be sure. It could also have been a random, unlucky impact from another game he played in -- or some combination of hits.

With the support of the Broncos, Wolfe took two months off to rest and recover after that seizure.

"Everybody just wanted to see me get better because it was scary. You know? To see one of your teammates go down like that, I can only imagine what those guys were thinking," Wolfe said.

Now, Wolfe says he is headed back to start training next week.

"I needed to let myself heal, so I took about two months and did nothing," he says -- adding that it seems to have worked. "I feel better than I ever felt before."

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/spor...njury-recovery

Comment

• Originally posted by 55CrushEm View Post
            That's great......but apparently we can't EVALUATE INJURIES very well.

Why the F wasn't Derek put on injured reserve much sooner?
            He's the strength and conditioning coach, not the team doctor.

Comment

• On the positive side we really didnt see too many hamstring pulls

Comment

• I'm interested in hearing why the team didn't just say, "we don't know what's wrong, but the best doctors money can buy, are looking into it." Instead, we got "flu."

Comment

• I hope he gets well... take care of yourself bro

Comment

• Yeah that sounds serious! I hope he gets fully healthy period.

Comment

• Originally posted by HILife View Post
                      I'm interested in hearing why the team didn't just say, "we don't know what's wrong, but the best doctors money can buy, are looking into it." Instead, we got "flu."
                      Yup. No reason I can think of that they couldn't have just told the true story at the time.

Comment

• He got flu is right up there with missing Cutler's beetus for a season.

Comment

• whoa, yeah in my ununiformed/unprofessional opinion, i'm not sure he should even play anymore. that's scary

Comment

Working...
                          X