Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brady's stats have been **** despite a dominant run game since Gronk went down in week 14.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brady's stats have been **** despite a dominant run game since Gronk went down in week 14.

I keep hearing all this jazz about fearing Tom Brady, and the Broncos should --if he had a TE or 3rd WR worth mentioning to throw to. Despite Brady's greatness, he can't make chicken salad out of chicken ****. He can't throw a ball to someone who ain't open either.

There is a reason WRs are highly paid and go in the first round every year - they open up defenses, keep safeties out the box and must be accounted for at all times; there is a reason TEs are vital to a good offense in the NFL - they present match-up problems in not only one on one matchups but in defensive personnel as well.

With all that said, since Gronk went out in week 14 against the browns, Brady is simply a pedestrian QB DESPITE having a dominant run game. In four games since the injury, Brady stats are as follows:

He is 75 for 130 passes; 57.6% completion percentage, 189 yards per game, with 4 tds and 2 ints.

And for half those games, he had his number three and four receivers --yards wise -- healthy in Kembrell Thompkins and Aaron Dobson, but they are most likely out for this game. So it even got worse for him and his stats reflected this during the last two games:

He went 27 for 49, 55.1% pass completion, 160 yards per game, with 1 td and 1 int.

That is ridiculously bad.

Then you throw in his horrendously bad TEs, and you see EXACTLY why they are playing "smashmouth" football - they freaking have to. There is no other choice.

Michael Hoomanawanui, the retread free agent TE who got cut after this second season with Rams, replaced Gronk in the starting lineup and in the past four games, get this, has 5 receptions for 28 yards. He is the starting TE! It gets even worse with the number two TE, Matthew Mulligan, the retread Maine TE. Mulligan has 0 catches for 0 yards the past four games. That's right.

The Colts knew this and had a perfect game plan in place to win the game until Andrew Luck came apart at the seams and their horrendously porous run defense (5.1 yards per carry given up coming into the game) ran out of steam in the fourth quarter. The Patriots punted six times , had five three and outs and despite being plus four in the TO department, were only up by a TD late in the 4th quarter - at home! And the Colts have a really, really bad defense. To put this in perspective, we punted ZERO times against the San Diego Chargers who played us tougher than any team in the league and were smokin' hot coming into the game.

So imagine if you are Jack Del Rio, you know going into the game you don't have to respect the Patriots TEs or 3rd WR. You know you can shut down their best WR one on one with DRC. Heck you can double Amendola, and when Brady has to pass, Austin Collie has to beat Champ to win the game. You can load up against the run and dare Brady to pass. In fact, you almost want him to pass because he simply doesn't have the anyone to throw to and has to wait forever in the pocket for his receivers to get open.

If the Broncos go up early in this game, the Patriots are screwed. They can keep pounding the rock to save face, but that won't work in a shootout. Run defense is actually a strength for the Broncos (3.7 yards a run attempt)...making matters much more complicated for the Patriots. They will be forced to punt time and time again.

The ONLY way we lose this game is if we turn over the the ball. That is the only way.

My buddy's father is a connected sports gambler, and those in the know are going heavy on the Broncos with the line at 5. He said the books came in at what was perceived as a high line for the Broncos (-6.5) since a low line would have skewed all the betting on the Broncos. Now that the emotional, average gambler has put a fair amount of money on the Pats and in turn lowered the lines, the books will even out with Broncos money as the line slightly increases. He said he expects the line to move to back towards 6 by the end of the week to increase betting on the Pats since such big money is coming in on the Broncos right now.

All signs point to the Broncos winning unless Belicheck is truly a football mastermind. If he can beat the Broncos without us turning over the ball three times, he is the greatest coach of all time. Tip your hat to the man if that happens because his team is severely overmatched.
    Last edited by bronco0608; 01-14-2014, 12:42 AM.

stats / schmats,
    all that matters is winning.
    stats are for losers,
    to quantify their incompetence.

Comment

Originally posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
      stats / schmats,
      all that matters is winning.
      stats are for losers,
      to quantify their incompetence.
      Wow, that might be the dumbest thing I have ever read on this board.

Don't like stats, huh? Oh yea, they serve no purpose - got it. I mean, how would you know if someone could play or not, right? Just got to pass that eyeball test, you know, dog. Looks the part, get him.

Welcome to the 2014 NFL - a historical draft since no college team kept stats last season. With the first pick overall, the Houston Texans select AJ McCarron from Alabama. Houston, tell us why you selected AJ McCarron with the first overall pick? "Well, Bob, all this matters is winning, and stats are for losers. I look at AJ McCarron and I see a winner. I feel it in my bones. Yea, boy. Welcome to the 21st century, homey"

WTF?

Comment

Originally posted by bronco0608 View Post
        With all that said, since Gronk went out in week 14 against the browns, Brady is simply a pedestrian QB DESPITE having a dominant run game. In four games since the injury, Brady stats are as follows:

He is 75 for 130 passes; 57.6% completion percentage, 189 yards per game, with 4 tds and 2 ints.

I knew he really struggled at the beginning of the season, but didn't realize how mediocre his stats are now. Do you have his numbers for the 4 games prior to Gronk going out? I guess that would be the Browns game and the 3 previous games. It would be interesting to compare the drop off.

JDR did a great job game planning the chargers run game, albeit with a gimpy Mathews. Hopefully, he can do it again against the Pats.

Oh, and BTW, don't mind chef loogie, he's an idiot.

Comment

Well, if we blow em out youre a genius.

And if we lose...........you know.

Comment

Originally posted by *WARHORSE* View Post
            Well, if we blow em out youre a genius.

And if we lose...........you know.
            We're going to decimate them

Comment

you don't need to throw for a ton of yards and TDs when your running back scores four times. if we can't stop the run, we lose. if we can stop the run, well, he's still tom brady. that's why they are scary. you find yourself saying you have to make brady beat you, but do you really want to be in that situation?

people talk about coverage in way too simplistic terms. you think DRC is better than Edelman or Amendola, so he should be able to eliminate one of them, right? that's just not how it works. Edelman and Amendola are going to be open plenty

Comment

Also, I feel like Champ and DRC is still a top 5 corner duo, and even with Webster or Carter 3rd that's top 8 or so. Nobody, besides the Broncos for half a game, has 3 Pro Bowl corners, so I don't see how losing that is such an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by bronco0608 View Post
                  If the Broncos go up early in this game, the Patriots are screwed...
                  Good post. But in response to the above it does deserve mention that we were up 24-0 at half against this team and lost. I think NE is better than SD and we only won that game by 7. So, no matter how we try to spin it, this is probably going to be a close game.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyR View Post
                    Good post. But in response to the above it does deserve mention that we were up 24-0 at half against this team and lost. I think NE is better than SD and we only won that game by 7. So, no matter how we try to spin it, this is probably going to be a close game.

Actually I see us doing to NE what we did against SD. The run will be featured prominently. Get 3rd down conversions, eat up clock and try to have the defense on the field for 25 min or less. Hope the difference this time is TDs instead of a turnover and 2 FG attempts.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyR View Post
                      This

Plus Denver got turnovers. It wasn't like Denver marched 70 yds each time to get up 24-0. My thing is WE PLAY SCARED they push us around we wilt. Let alone coaching mismatch.

Comment

I really think the key is going to be stopping the run. I think if we can do that, I like our chances a lot better.

Comment

Turnovers. Period.

Edit: BTW great post. Thanks for looking it all up. Rep.

Comment

Brady and BB do what they game plan for . If they want to pound the rock they pound the rock If they want to throw for 400 yards they throw for 400 yards

It's really tough to say what they will do on Sunday but in game adjustments by JDR will be critical.

Over the last 15 playoff gamez Brady and Manning have a similar record with Manning having one more Super Bowl win

Comment

Originally posted by CEH View Post
                              Brady and BB do what they game plan for . If they want to pound the rock they pound the rock If they want to throw for 400 yards they throw for 400 yards

It's really tough to say what they will do on Sunday but in game adjustments by JDR will be critical.
                              ta
                              Over the last 15 playoff gamez Brady and Manning have a similar record with Manning having one more Super Bowl win
                              I'd pass alot if I was them. I agree gameday adj by staff is a must

Comment

Working...
                              X