What happened to Seattle's offense?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to Seattle's offense?

The burning question around Seattle is "What the hell has happened to Russell Wilson and Seattle's offense during the last quarter or so of the season?"

I'm not going to enumerate all of the numbers. Suffice it to say that Wilson & the offense were wracking up many more points earlier in the season. Things have really tapered off the last several weeks.

My own opinion is that the Pete Carroll and the HC have told Wilson that they DO NOT want him running the read option. Period. So they're chaining him to the pocket. Wilson is deadly when he rolls out, especially to the right. But lately, he's either been standing in the pocket or scrambling around inside the tackle box.

I think the coaches want to minimize big hits on the 5' 10.5" Wilson. And who can blame them? But when you put a ball and chain around the guy, you take away the thing that makes him special. I can't tell you how many times Wilson has been in the mesh with Marshawn Lynch with the DE crashing down and the side of the field wide open only to give the ball to Lynch anyway.

The coaches need to take off the damn chains!

Simple.

Everyone figured out that if you keep Wilson in the pocket he cant beat you.

He's not a pocket passer. His pass completion percentage from the pocket is pedestrian.

His gift is the big play. Let him outside the pocket and he will kill you.

Keep him inside and hes a little man pinballing from tackle to tackle.

Comment

^^ So you're crediting opposing teams? My mantra is to blame the coaches, so I'm blaming them for chaining Wilson to the pocket.

Why else would Wilson *not* be busting outside when the DE crashes down on a read-option play? He did it all the time last year. This year, hardly at all.

Call me "Old School", but I blame the Seattle coaches more than opposing defenses.

Comment

Armchair. Please go **** yourself. Thanks.

Comment

^^ Homer is as homer does.

Call me "Old School", but there's no rule around here that there can't be a non-Bronco thread here and there to add some spice to the otherwise predictable takes from the legion of homers.

Besides, Seattle-related threads will take on extra significance once Denver and Seattle have earned their respective spots in the Super Bowl.

Comment

If you died in your sleep tonight. Not one tear would be shed. Get ****ed.

Comment

I've never seen Russell Wilson's wife. But I'll start a thread about that bitch next week.

Comment

Another problem is that without Sidney Rice and Percy Harvin, Wilson really has no deep threats. This has allowed opposing teams to bring the secondary up a little closer.

When Harvin has played (only parts of 2 games this season) the Hawks opponents wasted no time in trying to knock him out of the game. In the game against the Saints, New Orleans succeeded after a vicious (and deliberate) helmet to helmet hit. But if Harvin can suit up against the 49'ers *and* stay healthy, he can single-handedly change the dynamics of the game.

Comment

I am sure there is a more relevant site on the web where you can pose such questions. So ya, why don't you make like a tree and get out of here.

Or get back on Bronco topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Armchair Bronco View Post
                    The burning question around Seattle is "What the hell has happened to Russell Wilson and Seattle's offense during the last quarter or so of the season?"

I'm not going to enumerate all of the numbers. Suffice it to say that Wilson & the offense were wracking up many more points earlier in the season. Things have really tapered off the last several weeks.

My own opinion is that the Pete Carroll and the HC have told Wilson that they DO NOT want him running the read option. Period. So they're chaining him to the pocket. Wilson is deadly when he rolls out, especially to the right. But lately, he's either been standing in the pocket or scrambling around inside the tackle box.

I think the coaches want to minimize big hits on the 5' 10.5" Wilson. And who can blame them? But when you put a ball and chain around the guy, you take away the thing that makes him special. I can't tell you how many times Wilson has been in the mesh with Marshawn Lynch with the DE crashing down and the side of the field wide open only to give the ball to Lynch anyway.

The coaches need to take off the damn chains!
                    Shocking. Of course you blame the coaches, you always blame the coaches. That is literally your solution to every problem: fire the coach. You are like the Al Davis of message board posters.

Comment

SF is definitely the better team right now. We can only hope Seattle's HFA gives us the gift of playing them in the most lopsided Super Bowl since 2002.

Broncos 38
                      Seahawks 13

Comment

Originally posted by bowtown View Post
                        Shocking. Of course you blame the coaches, you always blame the coaches. That is literally your solution to every problem: fire the coach.
                        I blame the coaches because 9 times out of 10, the coaches are to blame!

Shanny was a dictator from the start, and had to go after Elway retired. The franchise wire mired in mediocrity until he was fired. Then we could move on.

Bowlen hired McStalin who then disemboweled the franchise with his hubris. He needed to be fired and was.

Bowlen hired Elway who in turn hired arguably the most conservative, turtle-necked coach in modern football history. Thanks to the coaches, any chance of advancing into the playoffs with Tebow at the helm was sabotaged, notwithstanding a Tebow win against Pittsburgh.

Then, last year, with PFM at the helm, the coaches cowardly called for 3 straight runs up the middle when the team only needed 1 first down to ice the game. Fox should have been fired after that fiasco; instead, Elway likely put him on notice that anything short of a deep run in the playoffs would be unacceptable and would result in his firing.

Were it not for this fire under his rear end, we likely would have seen a turtle-neck-inspired meltdown AGAIN against San Diego.

What is the common thread? THE COACHES! Fire 'em all, I say!

Comment

I like Denver's chances against both Seattle and S.F.

Comment

I will let you know on Monday if I care or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Armchair Bronco View Post
                              Call me "Old School", but there's no rule around here that there can't be a non-Bronco thread here and there to add some spice to the otherwise predictable takes from the legion of homers.
                              all you do is post about the seahawks. over and over. no one cares. I don't post about the Niners unless someone is talking about the Niners.

also what in the **** does any of this have to do with some non-existent fantasy of whatever "old school" is even supposed to mean

Comment

Working...
                              X