Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feel great about this sunday because the only thing stopping the Broncos is the Broncos.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crush17 View Post
    I think the offense was showing a little bit of rust vs. SD to be honest w/you.

They had a bye week, and it was Welker's 1st game back in over a month. It showed.

Now that they've played a game and they're going to be back to their normal practice routine this week, I think the O will come out firing on all cylinders.

I expect a heavy dose of Montee Ball on Sunday. The kid is running angry right now.
    I agree. Wes was rusty and a little timid. J Thomas was jittery in the first half of his first playoff appearance, but worked through it and balled when we needed him to.

I think the weather looks good and we'll be able to turn the offensive juggernaut loose on the Pats depleted defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
      How many changes have they had? I only know big names.

We've also been decimated. It's easy to forget because the season has so many challenges, but the broncos are now down to only two players on D who started in preseason. Not to mention our two best O-linemen out and working on our 3rd Center.

Our O-line was completely rebuilt on the fly. The D line rebuilt. The D's backfield rebuilt. Half the season our QB had two Bum ankles and could barely walk.

Hell, even our head coaches heart went in for a mid season rebuild.
      Gronk, Tommy Kelly, Wilfork, Mayo, Spikes, Vollmer, Adrian Wilson all dead.

Aaron Hernandez too although I hear he might be ready to go on Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by strafen View Post
        Hahaha!!!
        I love those misleading "stats"
        Brady has NEVER played a play-off game in Denver...
        Correct me if I'm wrong, but out of the top of my head I don't recall ever played the Pats in Denver in a play-off game
        Denver was the first team to hand Brady a playoff loss.

Comment

We've also been decimated. It's easy to forget because the season has so many challenges, but the broncos are now down to only two players on D who started in preseason. Not to mention our two best O-linemen out and working on our 3rd Center.

Our O-line was completely rebuilt on the fly. The D line rebuilt. The D's backfield rebuilt. Half the season our QB had two Bum ankles and could barely walk.

You know how it is. The Patriots are the only team that faced adversity this season, and Brady and Belicheat are Gods for the work they did with the losses. in the eyes of the media the Broncos should just be called the Denver Peyton because nothing else matters.

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
            I agree for the most part, though if we continue to play offense like we have the last two games, its going to be incredibly hard to stop. Obviously the defense worries me, and i'd be shocked if NE doesn't try to pass more, but at least their "strength" plays into our strength. The one comforting thought is that NE can't really come out with some odd five wide sets because, well, they literally don't have the personnel if Thompkins and Dobson don't play.

Even with all our injuries, i still think we should win this game. Our offense might have to take over and lead us, but at least its good enough to do that.

Also, aren't we due to force a turnover already? I dont think we forced one since the Adams pick against Houston (not counting that Terrelle Pryor botched snap).

Turnovers are streaky. And they usually come with pressure. We were able to force quite a few against the Patriots last time we played them, though. They never turn the ball over and we always do. That's one of our weaknesses, unfortunately. And another reason I am not optimistic about this game.

I do agree on the not punting. And the pace of the offense was intentionally slow. We were basically trying to out-Charger the Chargers and pretty much did. It was like a reverse of the last time we played them.

So maybe this time we will open it up. The wind will be lower this Sunday and the temperature is supposed to be into the high 50's.

Comment

Obviously all this is true, but we need to get rid of the "3rd center" excuse already. He's been our starter since OTAs and has played at a really high level.

Comment

Originally posted by spiralism View Post
                What worries me most is Fox's record against Belichick. Don't think he's ever beaten him. Don't think Del Rio has either and his defences have routinely been torched by Brady
                If we lose I fully expect it to be due to being outcoached. I still don't think we are going to lose though.

Comment

Coaches still get credit for plugging in our 3rd option at Center and making him play well. Even in OTA's he was our backup. Playing only because of injury.

Forgot to mention our slot stud is now wearing a bubble-boy helmet because he's now hearing bells. We've gone through a stint without our own stud TE. And we lost Doom for good because of a fax machine.

I can think of no other team that's been hit harder than us yet you'd never know it from the national media. So I just have to shake my head when I hear about the patriots and their triumphs with 'next man up' crap.
                  Last edited by Bronco Yoda; 01-14-2014, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Coaches still get credit for plugging in our 3rd option at Center and making him play well. Even in OTA's he was our backup. Playing only because of injury.

Forgot to mention our slot stud is now wearing a bubble-boy helmet because he's now hearing bells.

I can think of no other team that's been hit harder than us yet you'd never know it from the national media. So I just have to shake my head when I hear about the patriots and their triumphs with 'next man up' crap.
                    Yeah I'd say the woe-is-us injury talk is pretty ridiculous at least going into this game. Denver has lost pretty much just as many key starters to injury this season.

Comment

That's right.
                      Wow, I didn't even remember that...
                      In any event that was just that one play-off game.
                      If I read something like such and such has never won a play-off game in such and such, I'm assuming he's played a play-off game more than once...
                      Just saying...
                      It was Brady's FIRST EVER PLAYOFF LOSS.

Comment

Kaylore- that stat is wrong. In 2003 the pats beat peyton in reg season and then the championship game.

- The pats have NEVER won a superbowl since we knocked them out of the playoffs (champs pick 6 game)

We are absolutely going to dismantle the already dismantled patriots.

Montee ball is going to run all over them. All over them. It took DRC and Champ out, a muffed punt and a tony carter punt touch (not plays the pats made- just eff ups by us) to get that team close enough to send the game to OT....They had Gronk, we had Von....

We get DRC and Champ back- they get blount running hot and lose a WR. This is the game I am MOST CONFIDENT in! We are going to run run run run run all day long on them. Brady will never get in sync. And just when it looks like we are going to bust another big run- we PA PASS over the top and end the pats season with authority!

Comment

That's right.
                          Wow, I didn't even remember that...
                          In any event that was just that one play-off game.
                          If I read something like such and such has never won a play-off game in such and such, I'm assuming he's played a play-off game more than once...
                          Just saying...
                          This was New England's first playoff loss since Jan. 3, 1999, a 25-10 loss at Jacksonville in the first round. ... The Broncos improved to 2-0 lifetime against the Patriots in the playoffs. Their other win was 22-17 in 1986. ... Denver CB Darrent Williams returned from his groin injury and played as the nickel back, while Domonique Foxworth started.

Comment

All I know is the last 4 times the pats and the broncos have met the pats have won all 4 by a combined score of 151 to 86. We took many years of crushing beatings by the broncos, thank goodness those years are behind us.

Comment

The Pats are starting Sealver Siliga at DT. We traded him to the Seahawks because he wasn't going to make the roster. Just another reason that the Broncos are going to run roughshod all over the Patsies D.

Comment

Originally posted by Ziggy View Post
                                The Pats are starting Sealver Siliga at DT. We traded him to the Seahawks because he wasn't going to make the roster. Just another reason that the Broncos are going to run roughshod all over the Patsies D.
                                Hasn't he been playing pretty well?

Comment

Working...
                                X