Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feel great about this sunday because the only thing stopping the Broncos is the Broncos.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RedskinBronco View Post
    One thing is for sure; mistakes like the ones against San Diego (dropped balls, wasted opportunities in red zone) will burn the broncos.

It's one thing against San Diego, but they won't get away with it against pats.

I do think the pats have no chance if the broncos don't beat themselves. I think they are substantially a better team but can't let the pats feed off mistakes. That's what the pats do...not good enough to win SB but good enough to beat you if you gift them points
    I think the offense was showing a little bit of rust vs. SD to be honest w/you.

They had a bye week, and it was Welker's 1st game back in over a month. It showed.

Now that they've played a game and they're going to be back to their normal practice routine this week, I think the O will come out firing on all cylinders.

I expect a heavy dose of Montee Ball on Sunday. The kid is running angry right now.

Comment

I think the Broncos need to cash in on all their opportunities, not blow any like last Sunday. Get up early on Pats with TD's, as we know the Broncos D is capable of petering out later in the game. Having long sustained drives on O is important, for keeping Pats on sideline and our D rested as much as possible. As usual we can expect the unexpected, it never fails. I think Broncos win 27-24, though I hope its not even that close.

Comment

I am very concerned about this week. I think attrition on defense may catch up to us this week.

There is some hope that with Jammer knowing he played like barf and getting a full week starting he'll be "good enough."

But there were a lot of things I didn't like. Duke kept biting inside routes and let guys get behind him much of the game. Our pass rush on Rivers was largely a result of playing against backup linemen. The Patriots line is very good. They rattled Brady a bit, but not enough to stop his 11-18 conversions on third down. And their defense is opportunistic and plays above their talent level.

I also think McDaniels is a better coordinator than Jack Del Rio. And Belichick is better than Fox. He'll have a very good game plan prepared. Adam Gase is a boss, though. That drive at the end of the Boltz game were some of the best play calls I'd seen. Manning even said it was the perfect call against the perfect defense, meaning the play attacked the defense perfectly in every way and that he gets "maybe 2 of those a game."

There are some pros. Manning has never lost twice to an opponent in the same season, including playoffs. We are very good at home especially in the playoffs (14-4). The injuries to our secondary aren't too terrible since the remaining teams we may face aren't loaded at receiver. And Brady has struggled in Denver. And he's never beaten us when our QB didn't suck balls in Denver.

The other thing is the Chargers basically had everything go their way last game. We made some mistakes, had some really, really fluky bad plays (The recovered onside kick, the fumble, the lucky int, missed field goals, dropped passes) and we largely controlled that game.

I think Denver comes out hot, but I am unsure if we can sustain it. Either we match them blow for blow and the game will come down to whoever makes the last big play of the game, or as the game wears on, our deficiencies on defense finally break and just a few stops by the Patriots puts the game out of reach.

I am incredibly nervous about this game. I will say everything I have worried and even felt winning was going to be hard we have played very well. It's when I wasn't worried that we lost games.

It should be a good game.

Comment

Originally posted by crush17 View Post
          I think the offense was showing a little bit of rust vs. SD to be honest w/you.

They had a bye week, and it was Welker's 1st game back in over a month. It showed.

Now that they've played a game and they're going to be back to their normal practice routine this week, I think the O will come out firing on all cylinders.

I expect a heavy dose of Montee Ball on Sunday. The kid is running angry right now.
          Rust?

WE DIDNT PUNT! I think we executed a ball control offense to basic perfection. There was the thomas "fumble" and the carom off deckers shoulder pad that ended in a pick, but ummm, we pretty much dominated the ball every time we were on offense.

Comment

I think the Broncos offense was a little rusty too, it just kinda looked rusty to me, that is, from my point of view, they looked a little off.

Comment

a few minutes of the 1986/1987 divisional playoff game vs the pats

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/eNcBJ2E4WKQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
                Rust?

WE DIDNT PUNT! I think we executed a ball control offense to basic perfection. There was the thomas "fumble" and the carom off deckers shoulder pad that ended in a pick, but ummm, we pretty much dominated the ball every time we were on offense.
                Well the rust could have been the 6 first down drops and the off sides penalties.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                  I am very concerned about this week. I think attrition on defense may catch up to us this week.

There is some hope that with Jammer knowing he played like barf and getting a full week starting he'll be "good enough."

But there were a lot of things I didn't like. Duke kept biting inside routes and let guys get behind him much of the game. Our pass rush on Rivers was largely a result of playing against backup linemen. The Patriots line is very good. They rattled Brady a bit, but not enough to stop his 11-18 conversions on third down. And their defense is opportunistic and plays above their talent level.

I also think McDaniels is a better coordinator than Jack Del Rio. And Belichick is better than Fox. He'll have a very good game plan prepared. Adam Gase is a boss, though. That drive at the end of the Boltz game were some of the best play calls I'd seen. Manning even said it was the perfect call against the perfect defense, meaning the play attacked the defense perfectly in every way and that he gets "maybe 2 of those a game."

There are some pros. Manning has never lost twice to an opponent in the same season, including playoffs. We are very good at home especially in the playoffs (14-4). The injuries to our secondary aren't too terrible since the remaining teams we may face aren't loaded at receiver. And Brady has struggled in Denver. And he's never beaten us when our QB didn't suck balls in Denver.

The other thing is the Chargers basically had everything go their way last game. We made some mistakes, had some really, really fluky bad plays (The recovered onside kick, the fumble, the lucky int, missed field goals, dropped passes) and we largely controlled that game.

I think Denver comes out hot, but I am unsure if we can sustain it. Either we match them blow for blow and the game will come down to whoever makes the last big play of the game, or as the game wears on, our deficiencies on defense finally break and just a few stops by the Patriots puts the game out of reach.

I am incredibly nervous about this game. I will say everything I have worried and even felt winning was going to be hard we have played very well. It's when I wasn't worried that we lost games.

It should be a good game.
                  I agree for the most part, though if we continue to play offense like we have the last two games, its going to be incredibly hard to stop. Obviously the defense worries me, and i'd be shocked if NE doesn't try to pass more, but at least their "strength" plays into our strength. The one comforting thought is that NE can't really come out with some odd five wide sets because, well, they literally don't have the personnel if Thompkins and Dobson don't play.

Even with all our injuries, i still think we should win this game. Our offense might have to take over and lead us, but at least its good enough to do that.

Also, aren't we due to force a turnover already? I dont think we forced one since the Adams pick against Houston (not counting that Terrelle Pryor botched snap).

Comment

Welker had a bit of rust, early on, but the overall offense was clicking...

Comment

Originally posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
                      Well the rust could have been the 6 first down drops and the off sides penalties.
                      Great, it wasnt PERFECT. Dunno if id call it rusty.

Comment

If Denver runs the ball well -- we will win. A balanced attack will keep the Pat defense off balance.

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
                          Great, it wasnt PERFECT. Dunno if id call it rusty.
                          Don't need perfect, but it wasn't clean enough. Even Decker said so.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Mistakes. Basically says we can't play like we did and beat pats. He's right <a href="http://t.co/wj5AoX5WLI">pic.twitter.com/wj5AoX5WLI</a></p>&mdash; Darren McKee (@dmac1043) <a href="https://twitter.com/dmac1043/statuses/422829024780361728">January 13, 2014</a></blockquote>
                          <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

Originally posted by Crushaholic View Post
                            Welker had a bit of rust, early on, but the overall offense was clicking...
                            Dilhole was on ESPN talking about how much Welker helps our run game, which you never really think about. But I think he's right.

Comment

Originally posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
                              Don't need perfect, but it wasn't clean enough. Even Decker said so.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Mistakes. Basically says we can't play like we did and beat pats. He's right <a href="http://t.co/wj5AoX5WLI">pic.twitter.com/wj5AoX5WLI</a></p>&mdash; Darren McKee (@dmac1043) <a href="https://twitter.com/dmac1043/statuses/422829024780361728">January 13, 2014</a></blockquote>
                              <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                              Of course there were mistakes...missed field goals, the crap Julius "fumble," and the friggin pass that bounced off deckers shoulder pad. But it was obvious the Broncos were trying to beat the Chargers at their own game (this may have had to do with the wind) and they executed it to near perfection. They held the ball on long drives, dominated TOP, completed 3rd downs at an absurd percentage, and when they needed to run a 4 minute drill to kill clock at the end of the game, they did that as well. They weren't trying to hang 50 on them.

Comment

Originally posted by KevinJames View Post
                                We have had injuries but not like Patriots they have been butchered badly by injuries. Von and Harris being out sucks but we got players that can step up.

Its basically the Patriots B team vs Broncos A team it will be a huge upset if the Patriots defeat us.
                                How many changes have they had? I only know big names.

We've also been decimated. It's easy to forget because the season has so many challenges, but the broncos are now down to only two players on D who started in preseason. Not to mention our two best O-linemen out and working on our 3rd Center.

Our O-line was completely rebuilt on the fly. The D line rebuilt. The D's backfield rebuilt. Half the season our QB had two Bum ankles and could barely walk.

Hell, even our head coaches heart went in for a mid season rebuild.

Comment

Working...
                                X