Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's Not Forget About Tony Carter AKA Sticky Man - He can flat out ball

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Jekyll15Hyde View Post
    Huff is garbage....

    Carter's biggest weakness is tackling and this is somewhat helped by the small WR core from NE.

    I dont like this situation but I think you have to resort to Carter and Webster. Jammer should only be tried if options A and B fail. I dont expect us to run dime much anyway.
    I agree, Carter I think matches up ok with NE WRs.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Old Dude View Post
      Losing Harris is huge and I'd probably be jumping off a roof at this point, except for one tiny consolation.

      The other three finalists primarily feature rushing attacks. The Pats are the only left who can really pass worth a damn, and even they are a big step down in that department from where they were a year ago. If Denver can get past them, the situation won't be hopeless.
      Anquan Boldin, Michael Crabtree and Vernon Davis says hi...

      Comment


      • #33
        Carter hasn't learned to track the ball in the air, contest it when the WR goes up to get it, and isn't physical enough to tackle well.

        Combine that with our piss poor deep safety play and it's why Carter doesn't see the field.

        Jammer/Webster can at least tackle well and contest the ball.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Crushaholic View Post
          Anquan Boldin, Michael Crabtree and Vernon Davis says hi...
          doesn't matter, seahawks will win.

          Comment


          • #35
            Let's keep in mind how difficult playing cornerback is in today's NFL. I dunno of a position more susceptible to Jekyll & Hyde play quality from week-to-week. A lot probably depends on the officiating crew.

            They could stick Jammer out there next week and he might be fine. I wouldn't be surprised. Carter or Webster, too. Since none of three is heads and shoulders above the others, it seems pretty difficult to feel too strongly about any decision the coaching staff makes.

            This game won't be won or lost in our secondary, anyway: Stuff the run and PFM the **** up.

            Comment


            • #36
              I'd start with Carter since he has the most upside. If he starts blowing tackles or getting picked on by the refs then bring in Webster.

              But Carter has the potential to shut guys down.

              Comment


              • #37
                I figure Champ should start at LCB, Carter in the slot. Carter at LCB just doesn't sound good. Nor Jammer at LCB.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Champ and DRC on Amendola and Edelman. Carter is probably the best cover guy left, but rotate between him and Webster/Jammer for the other position, TE coverage.

                  Really, the key is stop the run and make Brady throw early to covered guys. If he sits in the pocket it is lights out for the secondary.

                  Gonna be a tough game...but I think we should be able to beat NE if the O doesn't leave points all over the field, like yesterday.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by ScottXray View Post
                    Gonna be a tough game...but I think we should be able to beat NE if the O doesn't leave points all over the field, like yesterday.
                    This

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by itswutz4dinna View Post
                      I'd start with Carter since he has the most upside. If he starts blowing tackles or getting picked on by the refs then bring in Webster.

                      But Carter has the potential to shut guys down.
                      Where do you get this stuff from? Do you watch the games? Carter has been TERRIBLE since the FIRST Baltimore game before the playoffs. He gets lazy and gives up big plays that's who he is

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by ScottXray View Post
                        Champ and DRC on Amendola and Edelman. Carter is probably the best cover guy left, but rotate between him and Webster/Jammer for the other position, TE coverage.

                        Really, the key is stop the run and make Brady throw early to covered guys. If he sits in the pocket it is lights out for the secondary.

                        Gonna be a tough game...but I think we should be able to beat NE if the O doesn't leave points all over the field, like yesterday.
                        They really only left 6 on the field: 3 on the endzone pick and 3 on the missed field goal. They had 3 TD's and 1 FG in 7 possessions, so unless the D gives up a TD every drive that should be good enough.

                        The reason we only scored 24 is we only had the ball 7 times, not because the offense screwed up. Against NE we will get the ball 11-13 times so we should easily score 31+ even with the same offensive "mistakes."

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Powderaddict View Post
                          Carter hasn't "flat out balled" since last year.

                          He's been a train wreck when he's been in this year. I'm not sure what changed.

                          Nothing that we can really do, just hope that Manning and the offense can outpace the other teams. The margin of error has tightened, but we can still do this.
                          Carter has been watching film, working on his footwork, and convincing Denver fans of wishful thinking...

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Lestat View Post
                            I don't give a ****. I want Carter to see no time whatsoever on the field. Not of ST's, not on D, not in garbage time. Webster and Jammer are the only options. Huff even.
                            Carter may get some PI calls but Jammer almost broke is own leg trying to turn and cover a guy on a fly pattern. The Patriots don't send guys deep alot anyway. They love the short squat routes and the crossing stuff and the edges. The middle long stuff is usually a TE. I would rather have Carter on the smaller shifty guys. Jammer doesn't have the quickness to cover Edleman or Vereen coming out of the backfield.

                            But it's a pick your poison type of thing. We're gonna have to get pressure and get sacks. There's just no way around it.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              who gets in there is going to tell us what the gameplan is. if we see a lot of webster it's because we're going to say **** it and just try to rough people up until the refs make us stop.

                              hey, it's worked for the patriots before.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by extralife View Post
                                who gets in there is going to tell us what the gameplan is. if we see a lot of webster it's because we're going to say **** it and just try to rough people up until the refs make us stop.

                                hey, it's worked for the patriots before.
                                It's working for the Seahags now

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X