No announcement yet.

Let's Not Forget About Tony Carter AKA Sticky Man - He can flat out ball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bailey will probably be pounding the desk to get the LCB position being the competitor he is and I think theres no doubt that he gets that role, he has always played well vs Brady. I think if it comes down to it Carter will be on the field over Jammer in a nickel situation.

Carter has played the nickel, I think Webster could be a good nickel but he wont be able to get any INTs with that cast = /

Bottom line is were better off now at CB than in Week 12 when we lost DRC at halftime and champ was sidelined.

Im not worried though DRC is something special.

Comment

I like Carter against smaller receivers.

He got owned by Miles Austin in the Dallas game.

Comment

Carter hasn't "flat out balled" since last year.

He's been a train wreck when he's been in this year. I'm not sure what changed.

Nothing that we can really do, just hope that Manning and the offense can outpace the other teams. The margin of error has tightened, but we can still do this.

Comment

yaaaa something up with Carter, he has been absent for a loooooong time this season

Comment

Losing Harris is huge and I'd probably be jumping off a roof at this point, except for one tiny consolation.

The other three finalists primarily feature rushing attacks. The Pats are the only left who can really pass worth a damn, and even they are a big step down in that department from where they were a year ago. If Denver can get past them, the situation won't be hopeless.

Comment

Anyone think it may have something to do with the fact that Champ hasn't been in to help QB the secondary for most of the season??

To a man, the Broncos DBs have said how much his veteran presence has been missed, with communication and getting lined up.

Losing Harris is a giant pile of suck, but hopefully Champ can continue to assist with picking up the slack.

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
                I cant wait till Pricejj gets off work and comes into this thread.
                Will be interesting to see what he suggests the Broncos do. Anyone who watched the game yesterday couldn't possibly choose Jammer over anybody else on the roster, could they? He gave up 3 catches for 95 yds and a TD. And I think that was in 1 qtr of play.

Comment

Originally posted by bronco0608 View Post
                  How do you explain his seven passes defended this year in the first two game if his skills are declining? No Bronco has done that this year.

It could be that Kayvon Webster was more of what JDR wanted from his CBs size wise and as soon as Tony had a bad game, JDR put Kayvon in.

Not sure if it is "skills declining" at age 26 or more of not being exactly a JDR guy.
                  No way I think jammer should be in over carter.. But I've never been a defensive coach and haven't seen one practice all year though.

Comment

I would rather have Lenny Walls over Jammer

Comment

I don't give a ****. I want Carter to see no time whatsoever on the field. Not of ST's, not on D, not in garbage time. Webster and Jammer are the only options. Huff even.

Comment

Originally posted by Lestat View Post
                        I don't give a ****. I want Carter to see no time whatsoever on the field. Not of ST's, not on D, not in garbage time. Webster and Jammer are the only options. Huff even.
                        Huff is garbage....

Carter's biggest weakness is tackling and this is somewhat helped by the small WR core from NE.

I dont like this situation but I think you have to resort to Carter and Webster. Jammer should only be tried if options A and B fail. I dont expect us to run dime much anyway.

Comment

Have faith, be positive.

Comment

The good news? The refs are letting them play for the most part. Very few PI calls so far in the 8 playoff games.

Originally posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
                            That article is from last year, when Carter was actually solid for us

This year he has been a train wreck
                            He draws PIs every time he is on the fieldAnd he is the worst tackler on the team

Maybe he can cover smaller guys better, but Im not holding my breathe

Comment

Originally posted by Jekyll15Hyde View Post
                              Huff is garbage....

Carter's biggest weakness is tackling and this is somewhat helped by the small WR core from NE.

I dont like this situation but I think you have to resort to Carter and Webster. Jammer should only be tried if options A and B fail. I dont expect us to run dime much anyway.
                              Sounds to me like way to go for the most consistency is to keep Jammer at Harris's spot.

You figure Webster is playing with a club on his hand, Carter has been inactive for games. Champ is still not 100% with his foot, and moving him affects two positions.

Give Jammer all the snaps this week in practice, Jammer himself said he sucked when he came in for a hurt Harris. I am willing to bet that Jammer plays better with a week of practice under his belt, he is a 12yr vet.

Comment

If it was me I would start Carter in the nickel and bump champ outside.

Comment

Working...
                                X