X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• El Guapo
    replied
    Originally posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
    They did away with that a few years ago. It's now 15 yards for flagrant or nothing for incidental.
    I stand corrected, I forgot about that. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco Yoda
    replied
    Manti Te'o's gf running out onto the field tripping Decker as he's got a clear path for a TD?

No call?

No security running out onto the field.

WTF is that all about!

Leave a comment:

• crush17
    replied
    Went back and looked at that again and still say it was incomplete. He was hit before he completed the catch. He must hold on and he didn’t.
    — Mike Pereira (@MikePereira) January 12, 2014

Wow I don’t agree with that at all…I feel this was a mistake
    — Jim Daopoulos (@RefereeJimD) January 12, 2014

@Dyecast42 I think he just made an incorrect call of a pass that was never completed

@JCannonSports he SHOULD have made it incomplete in replay

@KevinEades couldn’t possibly be a catch and fumble because can’t take ball away from a player on the ground

Leave a comment:

• Garcia Bronco
    replied
    It was either a catch or an incomplete pass. There was no way that could have been a fumble.

Leave a comment:

• ColoradoDarin
    replied
    Originally posted by El Guapo View Post
    Another one that was funny was the hands to the face they called on us that gave them a first down. CBS replayed it and while it was hands to the face, a charger was doing the exact same thing to another lineman. Oh well....

Also, the 15 yard facemask that gave the Chargers a first down. I hope it's not the orange colored glasses, but I thought it was a 5 yard penalty at best.
    They did away with that a few years ago. It's now 15 yards for flagrant or nothing for incidental.

Leave a comment:

• WolfpackGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by Archer81 View Post
    Weddle tackling Thomas happened more than twice. Flagged just once.

Silly, silly stuff.

Yeah, those were awful.

Weddle wasn't even trying to be sneaky about it.

Although unlikely, the refs better call that holding crap this week.

That's the only way NE keeps pace.

Leave a comment:

• El Guapo
    replied
    Another one that was funny was the hands to the face they called on us that gave them a first down. CBS replayed it and while it was hands to the face, a charger was doing the exact same thing to another lineman. Oh well....

Also, the 15 yard facemask that gave the Chargers a first down. I hope it's not the orange colored glasses, but I thought it was a 5 yard penalty at best.

Leave a comment:

• Archer81
    replied
    Weddle tackling Thomas happened more than twice. Flagged just once.

Silly, silly stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Rabb
    replied
    The holding in this game that wasn't called, was atrocious.

Leave a comment:

• mnfan
    replied
    Bring back the replacement refs.

Leave a comment:

• Durango
    replied
    I thought it was incomplete. I was sitting in the stands and it seemed around me was cursing Thomas for not catching the ball. Everyone was shocked into silence ( a few seconds) when the refs, first ruled it a fumble, and then the replay booth confirmed it. We all watched it on the big screen and it was either a reception and down by contact, or an incompletion. The idea it was even remotely a fumble is rancid officiating at it's zenith.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco Yoda
    replied
    It was clearly a no catch watching the replay. My wife called it right and she doesn't even watch football. What a complete joke that replay was. This why I never bet on football games.

Leave a comment:

• driver
    replied
    Popps, TJ and several others had it right. The definition of a pass completion say gain possession make football move maintain possession through the stop and contact with the ground. NONE OF THESE HAPPENED!

The point spread for this game began at -9.5 with the o/u in the mid 50's, if my memory serves my right. I don't know where it ended at game time.

Somebody could've made a lot of money, or the NFL replay system and rules definitions are a complete joke!

Leave a comment:

• Agamemnon
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
    You would think we'd be due for some calls to go our way.
    No I wouldn't. We are the Broncos. The best we can hope for is a reffing job that is roughly balanced. We will never get the Patriot treatment. Period.

Leave a comment:

• SonOfLe-loLang
    replied
    Originally posted by Popps View Post
    The review/replays clearly showed that Thomas never really got full possession of the ball as it was moving all the time

I said when watching the game, the easy way to decide this... if he was in the end zone, would that have been called a touchdown?

Of course not.
    Yep this

Leave a comment:

Working...
X