No announcement yet.

Replay blown again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought he lost the ball before the butt was planted. Whether it was an incomplete pass, or a reception and a fumble was the issue for me. I did not see him maintain possession and make a football move. I think Popps has the right take on this. If that had happened in the endzone, it would not have been called a touchdown because he never actually had possession of the ball.

Comment

The missed calls/wrong calls/stupid calls in this game really were perplexing. The NFL constantly maintains the refs are not to change the outcome or flow of a game. The refs have, and continue to do so.

I saw missed calls for the Chargers and for the Broncos. It was really not the greatest officiated game. Is it also that hard to figure out which 45 yard line the ball is supposed to be on?

Jaysus.

Comment

Originally posted by maven View Post
        If the pass wasn't incomplete, his ass was down.
        This! I only saw it twice and was looking more at his ass in slo-mo. His ass was down. I would say it was a catch but fumble happened after his ASS hit the ground.

Comment

I called incomplete or inconclussive.....I was not surprised by the outcome

Comment

Originally posted by Taco John View Post
            I thought he lost the ball before the butt was planted. Whether it was an incomplete pass, or a reception and a fumble was the issue for me. I did not see him maintain possession and make a football move. I think Popps has the right take on this. If that had happened in the endzone, it would not have been called a touchdown because he never actually had possession of the ball.
            If this is the case, then I believe the ball should have been ruled incomplete. He struggled to get the ball initially into his grasp. If it was out before the butt hit, then I would suspect the ball was never in as a catch to start.

Comment

Forget the replay, screw the refs for not calling it incomplete to begin with. 99 out of 100 times, that's incomplete.

Comment

Originally posted by bronco militia View Post
                I called incomplete or inconclussive.....I was not surprised by the outcome

My brother said it's incomplete, but the tool bag will give it to SD.

Hate it when he's right.

Comment

Originally posted by titan View Post
                  I'm hearing the NFL is looking at a centralized replay review in league headquarters like the NHL does. This would be a better system. Take the replay reviews out of the hands of the field ref. Not only would a crew of video judges at an offsite location probably make better calls, it would save time from the field ref jogging to and from the onfield replay machine. And I would guess the equipment at an offsite location would be superior to the onfield setup.

I was at the game today and Ed McCaffery on the radio broadcast after looking at the replay said it would be ruled incomplete. McCaffery and his partner Dave Logan were surprised it was ruled a fumble. "First one I got wrong all year," said McCaffery, on guessing what the replay official would rule.
                  Also, if the same people were working all replays the results would tend to be more consistent. One of the great things about the NHL system is that they are very consistent on the replays and thus you rarely hear much complaining (Buffalo fans excepted).

Finally, it might eliminate the reluctance among some refs to overturn the guys on his own crew. I realize that doesn't apply as heavily to playoff crews but I think that's also a factor sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Archer81 View Post
                    The missed calls/wrong calls/stupid calls in this game really were perplexing. The NFL constantly maintains the refs are not to change the outcome or flow of a game. The refs have, and continue to do so.

I saw missed calls for the Chargers and for the Broncos. It was really not the greatest officiated game. Is it also that hard to figure out which 45 yard line the ball is supposed to be on?

Jaysus.

Got to agree there. I don't see it being crooked like many but there was definitely some incompetent refereeing today and that call was particularly bad. Thankfully we got away with it.

Taking 5 minutes to figure out which 45 was on was cringeworthy though, like c'mon man.

Comment

Here's the thing. This IS the call that should have been made and why.

It should have been incomplete and it COULD NOT have been a fumble because, if they're saying the ball was coming lose as his butt touched the ground, that means he never had full control of the ball to begin with. We all saw it moving around in his hands as he was going to the ground. There was no "football move" or "moment of time" that went by and he has to secure the ball through contact with the ground for it to be a catch. So if they're saying the ball was coming out as his butt was hitting the ground, then that right there tells you it's not a catch to begin with.

The refs totally blew this call.

Comment

Originally posted by broncocalijohn View Post
                        ... was looking more at his ass in slo-mo.
                        to each his own

Comment

To me, it was a very easy call to make. Was shocked it wasn't ruled incomplete, and even more shocked that they didn't overturn it. Worst use of replay that I have ever seen.

Comment

Watching the game my friend and i talked out what would happen and we said that despite everything they'd just defy logic and rule a fumble because this **** just happens to the broncos as well as reverse hochuli bowl mojo.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDak Bronco View Post
                              Ya I was sure they would call it ass down, seems we are due to have the refs call a game in our favor
                              You would think we'd be due for some calls to go our way. But it seems like since the Hochulli mistake on the Cutler play we are continuaron the losing end of those calls.

Comment

Originally posted by Popps View Post
                                The review/replays clearly showed that Thomas never really got full possession of the ball as it was moving all the time

I said when watching the game, the easy way to decide this... if he was in the end zone, would that have been called a touchdown?

Of course not.
                                Yep this

Comment

Working...
                                X