Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Joker
    replied
    Montee hits the hole so much faster than Knowshon, I like his running style much better. Knowshon is good at everything though and has earned his spot as the starter for the rest of the year.

I feel better about next year if we can't re-sign Knowshon though. Montee looks like he'll be a quality RB.

For now though you leave things as they are.

Leave a comment:

• Lutefisk
    replied
    Like everyone, I thought Ball looked fantastic. Knowshon starts, but I'd like to see Ball get about 5 more carries a game.

Leave a comment:

• Rabb
    replied
    Dance with the one you brought. Ball will have his time, KM straight up earned this.

Leave a comment:

• Hugh Jasole
    replied
    Wait, you want Ball to start instead of...Knowshon? After the year he's had?

Please, don't tell Knowsh....crap. Now you've done it.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos_OTM
    replied
    I like what I am seeing from Ball but Moreno is still my starter.. I ain't messing with the order of things.

Leave a comment:

• RedskinBronco
    replied
    Originally posted by frerottenextelway View Post
    It's time to keep it just like it is.
    Yep, it's a good mix. Stay as is unless one of them is having a bad day

Leave a comment:

• errand
    replied
    at some of you in here talking about how good/great our RB's are when after the first preseason game we were told by you that CJ was the only RB on the team that ran with balance, vision, and power....I guess you don't have TV's anymore.

Leave a comment:

• 2KBack
    replied
    Originally posted by Guess Who View Post
    Well, I think Ball can catch a 3 yard pass and run with it too.
    Sometimes. Ball is a talent, as is Moreno. We about to face the team where Moreno had 250 yards of offense, and Ball had a back breaking fumble.

There may be a time where Ball surpasses Moreno, but I would say that now is absolutely not the time.

Leave a comment:

• gyldenlove
    replied
    Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
    I love the way he runs. He's perfect for this offense and will preserve his body. Does anyone know why he wasn't in the game late?
    I think in that situation you go with the guy who has carried the run game all year, Knowshon was healthy and moving the ball so no reason to make any changes.

I do love that both Moreno and Ball are just grinding out yards with ease. Ball had a play in the 2nd quarter I think, a stretch run to the right that the Chargers defended supremely well, but he made a very sharp cut to get under the contain and still picked up a solid 6 or so yards on a play he should have at best got nothing on. He has superb vision for a rookie and his patience with staying behind his blockers is something very few backs can match.

Leave a comment:

• R8R H8R
    replied
    No to Ball starting, but yes to him getting more carries; but not at the expense of Moreno.

One of the underrated advantages Moreno gives the team is that with him in, the opposing defense doesn't necessarily know if it is run or pass, and they have to watch for the screen. When Ball is in, it isn't always a run, but the odds are more tilted towards a run.

Leave a comment:

• Kaylore
    replied
    I love the way he runs. He's perfect for this offense and will preserve his body. Does anyone know why he wasn't in the game late?

Leave a comment:

• maven
    replied
    Originally posted by frerottenextelway View Post
    It's time to keep it just like it is.
    And that is how we roll. I have no problems with this.

Leave a comment:

• ScottXray
    replied
    KM should continue to start...but Ball needs MORE carries, as he is a bit better in the run game. It should be Ball for 40% of the series, KM for 60%. But why mess with anything. Both are running well, and they are also both blocking and receiving well. It is a good problem to have, knowing we have 2 good backs.

Leave a comment:

• TD4HOF
    replied
    Tempting but Knowshon has been our MVPNMP (MVP not named Peyton). He earns tough yardage and his work softening the D is part of what makes Montee look good.

I would've like to see. Montee in the red zone before the Manning pick. He's the all time NCAA touchdown scorer for a reason.

Leave a comment:

• cabronco
    replied
    I thought Ball was going to take one to the house. But I think this mix is working well. KM was carrying guys with him, and Ball hits the hole quick, and picks up big chunks at a time.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X