No announcement yet.

Is it time for Ball to start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ball can start next yr but for now you play a time share with Moreno starting.

Comment

Leave it alone. Give ball more touches, but knowshon has been fabulous all season.

Comment

Originally posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
        I would like to see more of a 50-50 split
        Ball is the better runner IMO

Moreno though is better at everything else so he needs his touches as well
        Pretty much my outlook. I think a 50/50 split would give us our best overall production out of the backfield.

Comment

Don't fix was isn't broken

Comment

No but the better Ball looks the more likely it is Know leaves this offseason. Know is worth 5-6 million a year but do we pay it??

Comment

After the game Knowshon had against the Patriots last go around, no it's not time for him to lose his starting job. Can't see it being a discussion until next season.

The Broncos are in a much better position running back wise than they were last year. Last year Knowshon went down in the Baltimore game and the running game went with him. This year having two guys who can carry the load is a great asset.

Comment

Originally posted by ATL-Eric View Post
                No but the better Ball looks the more likely it is Know leaves this offseason. Know is worth 5-6 million a year but do we pay it??
                No. Ball, CJ, Hillman, and whatever rookies or cheap vets we add should be more than enough for us. We need to prioritize signing our receiving threats.

Comment

Stock watch: There was a point this season when rookie running back Montee Ball had lost three fumbles -- he lost his third of the season Nov. 24 against the Patriots -- and the Broncos were considering dialing back his workload. But Ball promised then he could fix the problem and has kept his word. He hasn’t fumbled since and the Broncos gave him premium carries Sunday. He showed the balance and the vision in traffic the Broncos saw when they drafted him. Ball had 52 yards on 10 carries by the time the third quarter drew to a close. Folks will see more of Ball moving forward as the Broncos would like to split the carries between him and Knowshon Moreno as evenly as possible.

http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-bronc...ver-broncos-13

Comment

No, but he should get more carries near the goal line.

Comment

Ball may be the better pure rusher but don't forget how deadly Knowshon has been on those screen plays this year. Also he is a better blocker still and quicker to adjust to Manning audibles.

Comment

Originally posted by kappys View Post
                        Ball may be the better pure rusher but don't forget how deadly Knowshon has been on those screen plays this year. Also he is a better blocker still and quicker to adjust to Manning audibles.
                        Well, I think Ball can catch a 3 yard pass and run with it too.

Comment

shhhsh.

Things are lovely! KM is playing lights out and is a veteran that is going to pass block and run proper routes better than Ball at this point. Having said that Ball just keeps getting better and better (as I predicted when others were saying he was a wasted pick). It is a beautiful 1 2 punch and I am comfortable that if we need to say goodbye to KM at the end of this year we still have a very good RB to replace him.

Until then, between playing lights out and being more reliable experienced player, thought the split was fine.

Comment

No Ball shouldn't be the starter, but if are making substitutions, Ball should come in on short yardage and goal line situations. Moreno hasn't been the same since he hurt his ankle, but that only means he's been good rather than great.

If we choose to fully commit to the run game ala Seattle and NE, then perhaps you would go with Ball, but this offense has too much talent at the skill positions to do that and Knowshon has the most complete game to run a balanced run/pass attack.

Comment

I thought Ball was going to take one to the house. But I think this mix is working well. KM was carrying guys with him, and Ball hits the hole quick, and picks up big chunks at a time.

Comment

Tempting but Knowshon has been our MVPNMP (MVP not named Peyton). He earns tough yardage and his work softening the D is part of what makes Montee look good.

I would've like to see. Montee in the red zone before the Manning pick. He's the all time NCAA touchdown scorer for a reason.

Comment

Working...
                                X