Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ninth AFC Championship in Broncos History!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ninth AFC Championship in Broncos History!

There have been some frustrating years (ahem, McDaniels), but it's great being a Broncos fan!

Now, let's go get in our seventh Super Bowl!

Since before the playoffs started I've felt like if we could get over the hurdle of that first game against a hot team we were going to win it all. While this team has warts I can't ignore, I'm not going to change my tune now. We played a sloppy game and still dominated a hot team for most of a game. We need to tighten up the mistakes and get some bounces, but there's no reason to think the other three teams still alive are better than us. They aren't.

Comment

Didn't this thread come prematurely?

Comment

I am guessing that the op means 9nth AFC Championship APPEARANCE in team history. AFC Champions for the 6 Super Bowl appearances, AFC Champion runner ups once when Plummer was QB in the early 2000's and once another back in the early 90's when they lost to the Bills in a very close game when Kubiak had to play the whole 2nd half.

That is 8 AFC Championship appearances. What was the other one?

Comment

Originally posted by broncogary View Post
          I don't know about the thread, but I sure did!

Comment

If Denver plays turnover free football, I give them an 80% chance to win. If they play turnover free football, and limit offensive penalties (maybe get 2 or 3 the whole game) I give them a 95% chance to win. Seriously, it seems that the only team that ever stops Denver's offense is stupid mistakes and penalties. Having said that, Denver's offense does tend to turn the ball over a lot and get a lot of penalties.

Comment

Appearances mean nothing really. I'll give the Superbowl appearance a little credit because then you've won your conference. But just making the AFC Championship game doesn't mean much. If we lose the next game, I'll be just as upset if we had lost this game, honestly.

Comment

Originally posted by broncogary View Post
                Yeah, I should have put the word "Game" in there.

Comment

Originally posted by DomCasual View Post
                  There have been some frustrating years (ahem, McDaniels), but it's great being a Broncos fan!

Now, let's go get in our seventh Super Bowl!
                  Wade Phillips ehem.

Comment

Originally posted by ZONA View Post
                    Appearances mean nothing really. I'll give the Superbowl appearance a little credit because then you've won your conference. But just making the AFC Championship game doesn't mean much. If we lose the next game, I'll be just as upset if we had lost this game, honestly.
                    Honestly, if Denver lose next week I will be much more satisfied in their season than if they had lost today against S.D.

Comment

We've won all but ONE AFCCG we've been in.

I have a feeling we're going to beat the Patriots in this one.

Comment

Originally posted by ZONA View Post
                        And this is why I have not and will not celebrate anything. Longterm Broncos fans should know better. This is just an expected bump in the road.

Celebrate after a Super Bowl win, and not a moment before.

Comment

Originally posted by nyuk nyuk View Post

Bills 91 and Steelers 05

Comment

Twice

Comment

2 losses

2005 to pit
                              1992 to buf

Comment

Working...
                              X