Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jammer almost the goat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Jammer was terrible yes but he was thrown into a tough spot. I think with a week's prep, the secondary will be at least passably ready for Sunday, including Carter and/or Webster. Weren't we singing Webster's praises earlier in the year?

    We should win. It'll be very tough but I like the matchup. Just for once, for once, play mistake free for godssakes.

    Comment


    • #32
      I'm gonna go out on a limb and say by GOAT you weren't referring to greatest of all time. :-)

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by TD4HOF View Post
        Jammer was terrible yes but he was thrown into a tough spot. I think with a week's prep, the secondary will be at least passably ready for Sunday, including Carter and/or Webster. Weren't we singing Webster's praises earlier in the year?

        We should win. It'll be very tough but I like the matchup. Just for once, for once, play mistake free for godssakes.
        If we keep the TO differential even or *gasp* actually go positive we definitely win. If we go -2 like today we are probably ****ed.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
          Carter's issues are that he can get out-muscled and that he is kind of dumb, but at least he's near the guy he's covering the vast majority of the time. Jammer on the other hand is not an NFL CB anymore. I don't honestly understand how he's still in the NFL mush less on our roster.
          In fairness he was a gameday scratch until people started going down with injuries. He's got almost nothing left in the tank though but we're on bare bones and when you're scraping the barrel it's at least good to have a veteran who may be able to run on fumes a bit. Not looking great though.

          Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
          If we keep the TO differential even or *gasp* actually go positive we definitely win. If we go -2 like today we are probably ****ed.
          If we go -2 we are definitely ****ed. Cannot give Belichick and Brady 2 turnovers and hope to win. The only thing is i feel we're due a good day with turnovers lately.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by spiralism View Post
            In fairness he was a gameday scratch until people started going down with injuries. He's got almost nothing left in the tank though but we're on bare bones and when you're scraping the barrel it's at least good to have a veteran who may be able to run on fumes a bit. Not looking great though.
            I'll take the younger, faster guy who has mental/execution issues any day over the veteran who simply can't keep up with NFL receivers anymore. It's not even a tough choice.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
              I'll take the younger, faster guy who has mental/execution issues any day over the veteran who simply can't keep up with NFL receivers anymore. It's not even a tough choice.
              I like that he has a point to prove after the last game. I just don't know will the coaches let him see the field is the only thing. We're ****ers for sticking with the same thing regardless of whether or not it works. Look at Lenon consistently getting most of the snaps over Woodyard the past few weeks for no discernable reason. JDR is lazy and doesn't find solutions to these sorts of things, probably played a good part in him being a failed head coach tbh.
              Last edited by spiralism; 01-12-2014, 09:54 PM.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
                If we keep the TO differential even or *gasp* actually go positive we definitely win. If we go -2 like today we are probably ****ed.
                No doubt. It's a cliche, but applies to this game even more than usual. Which is to say it's nearly everything.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by ATL-Eric View Post
                  Rep for truth

                  Got to believe Carter is still feeling the rath from his special teams blunder in the previous Pats game. He'll have something to prove next week.
                  That was hardly his fault. That was Welker's fault for no fielding the stupid punt.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Lestat View Post
                    Kill yourself!

                    But in all seriousness. Carter is terrible. Jammer is bad at times and struggles but he is not even close to as bad as Carter. Carter should never again see the field.
                    I am sorry, but I haven't seen someone be so lost on defense as Jammer was yesterday. My point is, out of the options we have...Carter is an upgrade.

                    Kill myself though? Nice.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by spiralism View Post
                      I like that he has a point to prove after the last game. I just don't know will the coaches let him see the field is the only thing. We're ****ers for sticking with the same thing regardless of whether or not it works. Look at Lenon consistently getting most of the snaps over Woodyard the past few weeks for no discernable reason. JDR is lazy and doesn't find solutions to these sorts of things, probably played a good part in him being a failed head coach tbh.
                      I thought starting Paris was an awful decision when we first tried it, but he has improved vastly over that point. Maybe just had some rust he needed to shake off. We still need to upgrade the MLB position, but that's next year.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        DRC was good in coverage last night, but he had a couple of egregious whiffs on tackles.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by ATL-Eric View Post
                          Rep for truth

                          Got to believe Carter is still feeling the rath from his special teams blunder in the previous Pats game. He'll have something to prove next week.
                          That was Welker's blunder, not Carter's. There is no way Carter could have prevented that, Welker took too long to signal them off.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            I'd rather suit up myself than than have Tony Carter out there.

                            David Bruton is one option ... but a large one.

                            Kayvon's the only choice ... with Champ as slot CB.

                            Anybody notice Champ was on the injury list as "shoulder"?

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              This is the game for champ to put a huge statment on his legacy here.

                              I would put a mix of Webster/Jammer on the outside and give him saftey help. Let DRC do his thing and let bailey stay in the slot. bardy likes to throw it there. we ca not put jammer or webster in the slot because brady will toasted them.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Decker did not show up yesterday and left $$$ on the field with his turf monster tackle 2nd in 2 years and the botched on sides that let SD back in the game. I've seen him make tougher catches in the end zone.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X