Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ouch...gusts to 50MPH Sunday

Originally posted by Bronc62 View Post
    Retired NWS meteorologist & 50-yr Bronco fan here. Sparing the technical details, my biggest weather concern for Sunday is a chilling, blustery wind, temps in the 40s not withstanding. (Wed. 1/8)
    Latest forecasts for Denver issued by NWS early Saturday morning looking much worse for wind Sunday...

Sunday: Mostly cloudy. A 10 percent chance of rain and snow in the afternoon. Highs in the lower to mid 40s. West winds 15 to 30 mph. Gusts up to 50 mph in the afternoon.

Sunday Night: Mostly cloudy. Lows 16 to 22. West winds 10 to 20 mph with gusts to around 30 mph.

NWS Discussion (315am Sat)
    "It will be windy Sunday across the area with gusts to 60 miles per hour possible over the mountains and foothills. Gusts to 50 miles per hour will be possible for the urban corridor and eastern plains. Airmass will be cool...but strong downslope will help temperatures climb into the lower 40s. A brief rain or snow shower could survive moving off the mountains Sunday afternoon
    ...mainly south of I-70. Will have 10% probability of precipitation in the forecast for this. If any thing makes it off the mountains it will be light and short lived."

If winds become a problem, then should see a lot of Welker getting balls and the Bronco defense should make Rivers try to beat them deep and really press the underneath stuff.

Comment

Too much is being made of the wind. Peyton will be fine. Just think of the perfect dart he threw to Tamme in the end zone in NE.

Comment

It'll be windy when Rivers is on the field too. When was the last time Rivers & co had to deal with windy conditions? At least we can draw from experience from the NE game, which is why I am confident Gase has a gameplan for such conditions.

Comment

Not worried one bit.

Comment

Originally posted by winstoncup bronco View Post
            It'll be windy when Rivers is on the field too. When was the last time Rivers & co had to deal with windy conditions? At least we can draw from experience from the NE game, which is why I am confident Gase has a gameplan for such conditions.
            It seems people are concerned it will only be windy when the Broncos have the ball...

Comment

If the wind is out the WNW, how much actually sees the field since that's more on the closed end. In other word's how much does the direction negate what is actually felt on the field of play.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco X View Post
                It seems people are concerned it will only be windy when the Broncos have the ball...
                Chargers want to run the ball and would be thrilled for the game to be close late.

Broncos want to throw the ball and would be pissed if the game is close late.

Not sure why people don't understand this.

Comment

well, that is peyton's worst scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoBroncos View Post
                    Chargers want to run the ball and would be thrilled for the game to be close late.

Broncos want to throw the ball and would be pissed if the game is close late.

Not sure why people don't understand this.
                    We have to beat them at their own game now. We might be screwed.

Comment

I've been posting about weather & wind, mostly being a nuisance for fans at the stadium, but I don't think it lessens the chance of a Bronco win. Gase & Co. will adjust with solid ground game and short passing. Having Welker back will be invaluable for the 3rd & 5's and goal line package. I can't see Rivers and a wimpy Keenan Allen burning us on long TD passes like Flacco/Jones last year. Even Prater with his power leg can adjust, maybe even hitting a wind-aided long one although accuracy will be tough.

Comment

Latest forecasts for Denver issued by NWS early Saturday morning looking much worse for wind Sunday...

Sunday: Mostly cloudy. A 10 percent chance of rain and snow in the afternoon. Highs in the lower to mid 40s. West winds 15 to 30 mph. Gusts up to 50 mph in the afternoon.

Sunday Night: Mostly cloudy. Lows 16 to 22. West winds 10 to 20 mph with gusts to around 30 mph.

NWS Discussion (315am Sat)
                        "It will be windy Sunday across the area with gusts to 60 miles per hour possible over the mountains and foothills. Gusts to 50 miles per hour will be possible for the urban corridor and eastern plains. Airmass will be cool...but strong downslope will help temperatures climb into the lower 40s. A brief rain or snow shower could survive moving off the mountains Sunday afternoon
                        ...mainly south of I-70. Will have 10% probability of precipitation in the forecast for this. If any thing makes it off the mountains it will be light and short lived."
                        And I'd bet next week the forecast will likely be sunny and 50 degrees for the AFCCG like it would've been last year (had we hosted it)..........Manning had better lead us to the Super Bowl this year (barring a Rahim Moore sighting)

Comment

I've been posting about weather & wind, mostly being a nuisance for fans at the stadium, but I don't think it lessens the chance of a Bronco win. Gase & Co. will adjust with solid ground game and short passing. Having Welker back will be invaluable for the 3rd & 5's and goal line package. I can't see Rivers and a wimpy Keenan Allen burning us on long TD passes like Flacco/Jones last year. Even Prater with his power leg can adjust, maybe even hitting a wind-aided long one although accuracy will be tough.
                          This. All of this.

I have a feeling it'll be like the '99 AFCCG against the Jets.

Comment

Originally posted by txtebow View Post
                            And I'd bet next week the forecast will likely be sunny and 50 degrees for the AFCCG like it would've been last year (had we hosted it)..........Manning had better lead us to the Super Bowl this year (barring a Rahim Moore sighting)
                            You're exactly right...it was sunny & upper 50s in Denver a week after the Baltimore game last January. Same thing is shaping up this year...weather is looking great for front range next weekend. Now it's up to the Broncos to host the AFCCG.

Comment

Damn, should have taken the Saturday game. Stupid Broncos.

Comment

Working...
                              X