Knighton Rises Into Leadership Role

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knighton Rises Into Leadership Role

""Tremendous," Bailey said of Knighton's growth as a leader. "I didn't know him before he got here, but just to be able to come in and figure out where he fits in and know his role, but also understand that he's a leader on this team. And we need him to be that."

That's what he tried to be when he talked to his fellow defenders after the 27-20 loss to San Diego on Dec. 12. Knighton and others and been perplexed over the defense's struggles to that point. But that loss was different. The ease with which the Chargers ran to the outside, their success on third downs, all of it left Knighton and others feeling worse than at any point to date this season.

"It was immediate frustration," Knighton said. "After the second Charger game, I pulled the whole defense aside and said, 'Look, we've got to figure it out. It's too late in the season to still be trying to feel our way through things. Relying on the offense, or whatever it is, we have to find something, and we have to do our part.'

"The group responded. Guys had a chance to air their feelings out and say how they felt guys were playing. Nobody took anything personal. It showed against Houston, it showed against Oakland. The feeling I get right now for the defense, is that we're ready to play our best football."

More good fluff inside: http://m.denverbroncos.com/s/30843/2...84133154210778

The defense needs to play their part for sure. The good news is they don't have to play lights out. They just need to play decent.

Comment

I hope this is the case... I hope this defense comes together and plays it's best right now.

Comment

San Diego-

Are you ready for the Noise? Are you ready for the Noise to be broughten on you?

Comment

Gotta get the turnovers, somehow, some way. Additional possessions for the O will turn this into a laugher.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Large View Post
            San Diego-

Are you ready for the Noise? Are you ready for the Noise to be broughten on you?
            It will move through that stadium like the gusts of a thousand winds!

Comment

The defense will rise this Sunday. I've said it a couple of days earlier in another thread...
              Trevathan and Knighton will have an impact in this game...huge impact.

Defense!!!
              Defense!!!
              Defense!!!
              Defense!!!
              Defense!!!
              Defense!!!
              Defense!!!
              Defense!!!
              Defense!!!
              Defense!!!

Comment

San Diego is Spanish for "tastes like pot roast" and Knighton is going to eat them up on Sunday!

Comment

Was my favorite signing EVER.

Comment

Originally posted by Requiem View Post
                    along with Vasquez.

Comment

It's been refreshing to see the front office finally address the DT position with some quality players.

Year in and year out under Shanahan I was always calling for him to upgrade the position but he was never able to really figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
                        along with Vasquez.
                        Great signing as well- especially since we took him from the Chargers lol

Comment

I liked when they signed that Manning kid too.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkana7 View Post
                            ""Tremendous," Bailey said of Knighton's growth as a leader. "I didn't know him before he got here, but just to be able to come in and figure out where he fits in and know his role, but also understand that he's a leader on this team. And we need him to be that."

That's what he tried to be when he talked to his fellow defenders after the 27-20 loss to San Diego on Dec. 12. Knighton and others and been perplexed over the defense's struggles to that point. But that loss was different. The ease with which the Chargers ran to the outside, their success on third downs, all of it left Knighton and others feeling worse than at any point to date this season.

"It was immediate frustration," Knighton said. "After the second Charger game, I pulled the whole defense aside and said, 'Look, we've got to figure it out. It's too late in the season to still be trying to feel our way through things. Relying on the offense, or whatever it is, we have to find something, and we have to do our part.'

"The group responded. Guys had a chance to air their feelings out and say how they felt guys were playing. Nobody took anything personal. It showed against Houston, it showed against Oakland. The feeling I get right now for the defense, is that we're ready to play our best football."

More good fluff inside: http://m.denverbroncos.com/s/30843/2...84133154210778
                            Note key points, it was Houston and Oakland.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
                              along with Vasquez.
                              Along with DRC.

I've said before.....Vasquez, Knighton, DRC......Elway had another great offseason in the FA market.

Comment

Working...
                              X