Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redskins to hire Gruden

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/r...d-coach-010914

The Redskins are perpetually ****ed as long as Snyder is there. I can't imagine actually spending money on season tickets to watch a team that by design will fail each and every year.

Comment

Shanahan is responsilbe for the mess this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
        Ehhhh, maybe on defense and special teams, which returned to crappy levels. But the offense and RG3's attitude is on Snyder. Snyder took away Shanny's balls. So I'm inclined to agree with the Doctor that he's the common denominator in his decade-long legacy of fail.

Comment

Just to clarify, its Jay Gruden they hired

Not John

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
            So I'm inclined to agree with the Doctor that he's the common denominator in his decade-long legacy of fail.
            Yup, redskins are a legacy 6-10 team because of Snyder, sure give or take a win and every 5 years a accidental Playoff appearance... Much like how the cowboys are now a Legacy 8-8 team due to Jerry. Both feel the need to be as big as the team. Jerry at least did play College Football.

Comment

That may have been the best coordinator duo in the league with Zimmer.

Comment

does shanahan own a goat farm?

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                  Ehhhh, maybe on defense and special teams, which returned to crappy levels. But the offense and RG3's attitude is on Snyder. Snyder took away Shanny's balls. So I'm inclined to agree with the Doctor that he's the common denominator in his decade-long legacy of fail.
                  I wasn't in the building, but the only reason I have a problem with that is Shanahan had to agree to some of this stuff. Either way its his job to control all that as an HC. It doesn't appear he did that at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
                    To be fair they gave up 3 first round picks for a QB Shanahan didn't want and they were fined $38 million in cap space for how Danny boy worked his cap during the lockout.

Not all Shanahan's fault. That being said I think the only opening for him is Detroit. Otherwise he might be done in the NFL.

Comment

I like the Redskins rational in hiring Jay Gruden....... He developed "Andy Dalton"

Yeah he will do for RGIII what he did for Andy Dalton

Comment

to say that shanny did not want RG3 is ludicrous.

Comment

Originally posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
                          to say that shanny did not want RG3 is ludicrous.
                          Why, because you know everything?

Shanahan wanted to keep the three first round picks and draft Tannehill.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...for-tannehill/

This was all over Washington on the Radio stations before the draft.

Here is another story saying the trade was all Snyder.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...griffin-trade/

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/...ill-not-rgiii/

http://es.redskins.com/topic/374014-...ted-tannehill/
                          Last edited by Guess Who; 01-09-2014, 09:08 AM.

Comment

All of those stories are based on Stephen A. Smith's anonymous source. Which came out after it was obvious Shanahan was going to be canned. If there had been rumblings after that years draft I would have an easier time believing the story was true.

Comment

Originally posted by mennonite View Post
                              All of those stories are based on Stephen A. Smith's anonymous source. Which came out after it was obvious Shanahan was going to be canned. If there had been rumblings after that years draft I would have an easier time believing the story was true.
                              Shanahan has never denied it plus Luigi stated that it was "Ludicrous" to say that Shanahan did not want to trade 3 first round picks for RGIII.

I was just pointing out that it is not Ludicrous and it was speculated widely before the draft.

Comment

Working...
                              X