Why the Sunday Game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why the Sunday Game?

I'm just curious why we got a Sunday game over a Saturday game.

A Saturday game is a bigger advantage to us because it means the Chargers would get less rest.

The Seahawks got a Saturday game.

Anyway...just curious of anyone has an idea why this is the case.

East coast bias.

Comment

I believe I saw on here someone posted it. Because of the strength of schedule tie break, Seattle is technically the overall #1 so they got first choice.

Comment

I thought each conference's #1 seed got the choice of playing on Saturday or on Sunday and #2 takes the other game.

It makes sense for Seattle and Denver to choose the 1:30 pm starting time that both teams are accustomed to though.

Comment

The AFC Championship game is the earlier 3PM eastern game next week too.

Comment

Originally posted by UberBroncoMan View Post

A Saturday game is a bigger advantage to us because it means the Chargers would get less rest.

The Broncos requested this time as they wanted to keep their routine (Sunday at 4 ish, east cost time) the same.

Comment

Wasn't last year's game on a Saturday?

Comment

Originally posted by UberBroncoMan View Post

I can answer that for you.

Fox said they wanted to play on Sunday because then they could stick to their normal routine and they did not want to play Saturday night because they had too many night games this year.

Me personally, I believe they wanted the Sunday afternoon game because that is when the weather is going to be the best.

Comment

both #1 seeds get to choose. This year the Broncos chose to play on Sunday instead of the late Saturday night game

Comment

Originally posted by Guess Who View Post
                    I can answer that for you.

Fox said they wanted to play on Sunday because then they could stick to their normal routine and they did not want to play Saturday night because they had too many night games this year.

Me personally, I believe they wanted the Sunday afternoon game because that is when the weather is going to be the best.

makes no sense. Denver weather is impossible to predict especially as far out as this game was announced. It was for routine and routine only.

Comment

Broncos prefer to host playoff game on Sunday afternoon, Jan. 12

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...-jan-12/24563/

Comment

I'm fine with the day game because they won every single one.

Comment

Does nobody care to think that maybe the NFL rotates when the seeds play their respective games?

Or is it just coincidence that last year, the AFC #1 seed played on Saturday and the NFC #1 played on Sunday, and then this year the AFC #1 plays on Sunday and the NFC #1 plays on Saturday?

Comment

We only lost at night

Comment

its obama's fault and all this global warming shyte.
                              its warmer in the day when the sun is shining anywhere but mudville.
                              Bolo voodoo is nullified on the sabath
                              PFM will sell more pizzas on sunday.
                              champ needs glasses after dark. PFM doesnt like to run a 40 after the sun goes down.Trying to avoid the notorious night winds of the rockies.
                              refereees see better in the day.
                              better chance for the chargers to come in on saturday, get stoned saturday night and miss the game on sunday.

Comment

Working...
                              X