Why wait to see who to prepare for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why wait to see who to prepare for?

So you have 2 weeks off and you will be playing 1 of 2 possible teams. Why wait a week to see who you play before you start to prepare? We always hear that on TV. Why not start out preparing for 1 of the teams and if you picked right, you've got a weeks head start. Then you have another full week to prepare for them, giving you you 2 full weeks of preparing for that 1 team. If you guessed wrong, then it's no different then it is when you wait a week. You still got the 1 week to prepare.

Anybody else ever curious about why they do that?

It's actually three potential teams, and I'm pretty sure they use the week off to prepare for all three.

What I want to know is what the quarterbacks are listening to on their mp3 players on the sidelines of games.

Comment

Originally posted by ZONA View Post
      So you have 2 weeks off and you will be playing 1 of 2 possible teams
      Denver could have played one of 3 teams heading into last week's games

Indy
      KC
      SD

Comment

They probably put in 2 days of prep for each team. If the colts beat the pats then they'll have already gotten a head start scouting for the next round.

Comment

Originally posted by ZONA View Post
          So you have 2 weeks off and you will be playing 1 of 2 possible teams. Why wait a week to see who you play before you start to prepare? We always hear that on TV. Why not start out preparing for 1 of the teams and if you picked right, you've got a weeks head start. Then you have another full week to prepare for them, giving you you 2 full weeks of preparing for that 1 team. If you guessed wrong, then it's no different then it is when you wait a week. You still got the 1 week to prepare.

Anybody else ever curious about why they do that?
          They do prepare. I am sure their preperation started before the season even ended. The thing is the players do not prepare for a team until the team is determined. Staff, scouts and coaches start preparing much ealier.

Comment

They have the Quality Control staff/coaches prepping for all the teams I am pretty sure, then as things get sorted out they build more and more detail.

Comment

What makes you so sure they didn't watch game film on all three teams and worked on problem areas like stopping the run, ball security and ST's?

Comment

Originally posted by DomCasual View Post
                It's actually three potential teams, and I'm pretty sure they use the week off to prepare for all three.

What I want to know is what the quarterbacks are listening to on their mp3 players on the sidelines of games.
                http://mp3skull.com/mp3/jedi_mind_tr...ve_of_war.html

now you know

Comment

Working...
                X