Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chargers fan here: My perspective

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Chargers fan here: My perspective

    I am not sure what to expect posting here. I don't have any intentions of talking trash. I am just looking to hear a different perspective on the game this weekend and provide one myself. A lot of Chargers fans tend to be biased about the ability of players on their team.

    I will give a brief breakdown of why each team could win.

    Chargers:

    Momentum: Team is playing well.

    Broncos defense a question mark. I know the Broncos were missing three defenders the last game vs. the Chargers, but still believe this could be a big factor.

    Weather: Forecast is 46 degrees with a little chance of precip. and 17 mph winds. Wind at that speed could be an issue for Manning's wobbly passes. I was hoping it would be colder.


    Broncos:

    Home field advantage.

    Manning could dominate.

    Chargers defense almost as big a question mark as Broncos defense.

    Injuries: Mathews is probably 85% and won't last the whole game. Other players not 100.


    The betting line is Broncos -9.5. Chargers +9.5 looks like an absolute gift.

  • #2
    I agree the betting line is a bit high. Are you predicting a charger win, or just hoping for one?

    Comment


    • #3
      A reasonable and sensible post.........I'm not sure if that's allowed!

      Comment


      • #4
        It's gonna be a great game between two great QBs, one a HOF, the other resurgent under a new coach... It's gonna be a good one

        Comment


        • #5
          JW if +9.5 is an absolute gift I would suggest that you bet the ranch.

          Comment


          • #6
            A new poster from another teams fanbase makes a better thread than a few of our resident retards.

            Past injuries will have a big impact on this game. Winner of the turnovers will most likely win this game.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by JWBlue View Post
              I am not sure what to expect posting here. I don't have any intentions of talking trash. I am just looking to hear a different perspective on the game this weekend and provide one myself. A lot of Chargers fans tend to be biased about the ability of players on their team.

              I will give a brief breakdown of why each team could win.

              Chargers:

              Momentum: Team is playing well.

              Broncos defense a question mark. I know the Broncos were missing three defenders the last game vs. the Chargers, but still believe this could be a big factor.

              Weather: Forecast is 46 degrees with a little chance of precip. and 17 mph winds. Wind at that speed could be an issue for Manning's wobbly passes. I was hoping it would be colder.


              Broncos:

              Home field advantage.

              Manning could dominate.

              Chargers defense almost as big a question mark as Broncos defense.

              Injuries: Mathews is probably 85% and won't last the whole game. Other players not 100.


              The betting line is Broncos -9.5. Chargers +9.5 looks like an absolute gift.
              Injuries leaves out a lot of massively impactful Broncos.

              Comment


              • #8
                Injuries as an advantage for the Broncos?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by JCMElway View Post
                  I agree the betting line is a bit high. Are you predicting a charger win, or just hoping for one?
                  I left out the most important part. The prediction.

                  Who knows if I am biased or not? How can one self evaluate being biased?

                  It depends on which one of the factors I mentioned come to fruition.

                  For the Chargers to win, the winds need to be at least 17 mph and Ryan Mathews needs to have significant playing time. Even without him, I have confidence in Woodhead and Brown. The Chargers O-Line is in top form right now.

                  This could be the key stat. The Broncos are 10th in the league in yards per carry allowed at 3.9. The Chargers are about ball control. That is how they win games. The Broncos run defense is going to be the key.

                  27-20 Broncos.

                  I would definitely play under the line total of 54.5.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The Broncos DL vs. the Chargers OL is probably the top position battle to watch. When we had Kevin Vickerson, this was a top 3 run defense IMO. Without him, well, we've been gashed. Sly Williams our 1st round pick has stepped in, ready or not. He's been decent rushing the passer but hasn't been able to replace Vickerson's run presence. That has hurt. How he steps up this game (he has been playing better since we lost KV) will go a long way towards determining how our DL does stopping the run.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      JW, welcome to the forum. A very sensible post, and not just because of the prediction.

                      The biggest thing in my mind is execution. The Broncos had 4+ three-and-outs on their own side of the field in week 15. That didn't happen to Denver all season in any other game. Did the chargers make some good plays? Sure. Were they solely responsible for holding the highest scoring team in history to 20 points? No. Denver made mistakes in execution and SD capitalized. And they did win the game fair and square. However, if Denver comes out playing their A game, SD will be run out of the building. If both teams play to the absolute best of their abilities, Denver wins by 7 or 10 points.

                      Can san diego win? Yes, but they will need help by Denver playing substandard football to do it.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by bpc View Post
                        The Broncos DL vs. the Chargers OL is probably the top position battle to watch. When we had Kevin Vickerson, this was a top 3 run defense IMO. Without him, well, we've been gashed. Sly Williams our 1st round pick has stepped in, ready or not. He's been decent rushing the passer but hasn't been able to replace Vickerson's run presence. That has hurt. How he steps up this game (he has been playing better since we lost KV) will go a long way towards determining how our DL does stopping the run.
                        Our run defense has progressively improved since we lost Vickerson.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          It will be an interesting game.

                          Run defense is a relatively predictable statistic. The Broncos should be able to stop the run which will hurt the Chargers.

                          A Chargers win shouldn't be a shock to anyone that closely follows the NFL.

                          Wind is going to be a huge x factor.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            KCDud and other Chef trolls: Please take note of this SD fan and how he is conducting himself on our board.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by JWBlue View Post
                              It will be an interesting game.

                              Run defense is a relatively predictable statistic. The Broncos should be able to stop the run which will hurt the Chargers.

                              A Chargers win shouldn't be a shock to anyone that closely follows the NFL.

                              Wind is going to be a huge x factor.
                              just checked a weather forecast myself. 46 degrees f and winds of only 7mph. I doubt if they will feel any wind on the field. weather will not be a factor. Beautiful day in Denver Co. There will be no excuses for the team that loses the game. All the hype I have been hearing about pressure to perform on PFM is BS in my opinion. He has been at this job about 18 years now after all. Turnovers and other mental mistakes is what the Chargers are counting on to have a chance to win this game. Denver 38 San Diego 27

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X