There's a story behind Knowshon Moreno's tears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's a story behind Knowshon Moreno's tears

"You saw the tears. And you can't forget the tears because they were unlike any two tears you have seen. Maybe you saw them while watching CBS's broadcast of the Broncos game in Kansas City on Dec. 1, when cameras caught Denver running back Knowshon Moreno crying during the closing notes of the national anthem. Or perhaps you caught them coming out of a second-quarter commercial break, the moment rebroadcast after Moreno scored on a three-yard pass from Peyton Manning. Or maybe you saw the tears later that night on SportsCenter. Or in the GIFs and mash-ups and montages that swept across the Internet like a winter storm: Knowshon crying to Whitney Houston, Knowshon crying to Michael Bolton, Knowshon crying to Justin Timberlake.

The tears formed at the base of Moreno's eyes and then rushed over his cheekbones as if they were blasted from tiny garden hoses, enough water to nurture the grass at his feet on the Arrowhead Stadium sideline, to hydrate any small animals that might have wandered past. "Alligator tears," Paige Elway said to her husband, Broncos executive vice president John Elway, so impressed that she mixed both reptiles and idioms. It was an outpouring that reduced famous weepers Dick Vermeil and Terrell Owens and Ray Lewis to wannabes. "I've never seen anybody cry like that," says Denver left guard Zane Beadles. "Never seen that amount of tears."

On the team flight back to Denver after a 35-28 win, players passed around screenshots and video of Moreno's lachrymal moment. "Guys were joking around," says rookie running back Montee Ball, "saying that they heard Knowshon slobbering and sobbing all over the place." At least three Twitter accounts were created for Knowshon's Tears. Back in Belford, N.J., where Moreno spent his adolescence, his grandmother and guardian, Mildred McQueen, started getting phone calls soon after CBS showed the tears, from friends and family.

They wanted to know, Why is Knowshon crying??

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...#ixzz2ppkjoJeh

I thought the cover was pretty sweet too:

Comment

Can't wait to get LeSean McCoy's feedback on this, while he sits on his ass, at home, watching the playoffs.

Comment

Hate how I had to watch a video to "unlock" the article(I know they have to make money somehow in this internet age), but it was worth it. Good read, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Gutless Drunk View Post

They wanted to know, Why is Knowshon crying??

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...#ixzz2ppkjoJeh
          Yeah and me too...
          WTF?!
          Can't find where it says why!

Comment

Originally posted by strafen View Post
            Yeah and me too...
            WTF?!
            Can't find where it says why!
            That's just the way he's wired. He basically thinks about his past, and where he is at that moment and appreciates every bit of it.

Kid's got heart. I've done my fair share of bashing on him, but he's turning into one of my favorite players based solely on that heart and how he shows it on and off the field.

Comment

Good article, a bit fluffy, but I was in the mood for a pick me up.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Houshyamama View Post
                  Good article, a bit fluffy, but I was in the mood for a pick me up.
                  I thought it was a poorly-written article. A GOOD article gets to the point earlier, or gives a sneak preview of the point. This was the equivalent of "Hey, kids! Do you want to see what's behind the curtain? Do you? Do you? That reminds me of the time my wife picked out curtains. It was a great story. You're going to love this..."

Comment

That first down crawl might be my favorite moment of the season. Jim Nance seemed to think so too.

Comment

Originally posted by itswutz4dinna View Post
                      That first down crawl might be my favorite moment of the season. Jim Nance seemed to think so too.
                      IDK, I think I am going to look back fondly on everyone of Mannings TD's in the Raider game which shattered the record and pushed it out to 55.

Comment

Originally posted by Crushaholic View Post
                        I thought it was a poorly-written article. A GOOD article gets to the point earlier, or gives a sneak preview of the point. This was the equivalent of "Hey, kids! Do you want to see what's behind the curtain? Do you? Do you? That reminds me of the time my wife picked out curtains. It was a great story. You're going to love this..."
                        Probably true, but I was on a coffee high at the time and feeling generous, and to be completely honest I skipped the middle of the article.
                        Last edited by Houshyamama; 01-08-2014, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by El Guapo View Post
                          That's just the way he's wired. He basically thinks about his past, and where he is at that moment and appreciates every bit of it.

Kid's got heart. I've done my fair share of bashing on him, but he's turning into one of my favorite players based solely on that heart and how he shows it on and off the field.
                          I share my thoughts about Moreno with you...
                          I'm happy he's being used the way he has been that makes him a formidable weapon.
                          I've never thought he would be the pure RB 1st rd selection everybody expected him to be, I think it took a couple of years for the organization to realize that.
                          They salvaged his career, he was destined to never be a great running back, per-se.
                          I think his overall skills goes far beyond just running the ball.
                          Gotta give it to the Broncos staff for having done a wonderful job with Moreno...

And for Moreno, keep up the good work, you're doing awesome!

Comment

It's always nice to get a little back story and I've always been a fan of Moreno, but... yeah, pretty fluffy and over-the-top.

Horrible cover, too.

Comment

There were man tears. I love a story of redemption. Proud of you two seven. Keep pushing that pile.

Comment

Working...
                              X