Weather Forecast Sunday - Duh Duh Duh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weather Forecast Sunday - Duh Duh Duh

So I keep up with the weather forecast by reading the official forecast package put out by the national weather service. Essentially it is the forecast used by the media, just not sensationalized.

While the weather forecast for Sundays game has been reported to be a balmy 49°, something disturbing has crept into the long range forecast. The models have begun to hint at snow/rain and the worst four letter word we can hear.... Wind.

The good news is that there are 3 main weather models and none of them agree with each other regarding is storm, which means in 2 days this forecast could be totally different.

But if this scenario pans out...... We could have Armageddon and riots on Sunday. Here is the forecast text for the long term:

SATURDAY NIGHT-SUNDAY...SHORTWAVE RIDGE EJECTS EAST OF THE STATE AS
    A PROGRESSIVE SHORTWAVE TROUGH RACES ACROSS THE REGION. AS IT
    APPEARS NOW...MTNS GET SLAPPED WITH GUSTY WIND AND SNOW BEGINNING
    SATURDAY NIGHT BASED ON THE GFS. WHEREAS THE ECMWF HOLDS OFF ON THIS
    PRECIP AND WIND AS IT SHOWS THE SHORTWAVE STILL BACK OVER IDAHO AND
    UTAH SATURDAY NIGHT. ON SUNDAY...THE GFS SHOTS THIS SYSTEM EAST OF
    THE STATE WITH CLEARING IN ITS WAKE. WHILE THE ECMWF BRINGS THE
    TROUGH AND ITS WINTERY WEATHER ACROSS THE FORECAST AREA DURING THE
    DAY. EC MOVES THIS SYSTEM OUT SUNDAY NIGHT...AND THE GFS DROPS
    ANOTHER SHOT OF COLD AND SNOW DOWN FROM WYOMING. UNCERTAINTY AS TO
    WHICH SCENERIO WILL PAN OUT...WILL HOLD ONTO THE LOW POPS PRESENTLY
    IN FORECAST DURING THIS PERIOD. LASTLY...MONDAY TRENDS DRIER IN BOTH
    MODELS.
    http://forecast.weather.gov/product....n=1&glossary=1

Doom and gloom.... Dooooooooom amd Gloooooooom! I never in my wildest dreams imagined I would pay this much attention to the forecast in regards to impacting the Broncos.

No...Noo...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Comment

scratch rivers from throwing the ball in that kind of weather. chalk up another 130- passing for the chargers.

Comment

This is actually fairly concerning. Still think the Broncos are better in any conditions, though.

Comment

This is exactlly why we should have kept Tebow on the roster. Ground and pound it down their throats all game. The curse of Tebow. We will not win another playoff game with out him. Ever
          Its always blue skies and rainbows when he steps on the field.

Ok, everyone stop freaking about the Chargers already. Its going to be an easy win and everyone is going to feel silly for acting like school girls.

Comment

Not concerned. I think Manning has a better arm than Rivers so if the wind affects Manning, it will without a doubt also impact the chargers.

Comment

Originally posted by bap454 View Post
              This is exactlly why we should have kept Tebow on the roster. Ground and pound it down their throats all game. The curse of Tebow. We will not win another playoff game with out him. Ever
              Its always blue skies and rainbows when he steps on the field.

Ok, everyone stop freaking about the Chargers already. Its going to be an easy win and everyone is going to feel silly for acting like school girls.
              Well, according to Trent Dilfer, Tebow can now throw the ball like any other NFL QB thanks to his new changes.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-S...7/Tebow-Dilfer

I'm no Tebow lover, but I have been looking for a place to put this as I didn't want to start a new thread over it.

Go Broncos!

Comment

I'll be the one leading the riots

Comment

It's the NFL people, not a perfect Science. Havent the last 5 years or so taught you anything? Anything could happen.. rarely does the best team win the Super Bowl. Just enjoy the games

And on a side note: Jan 2013 prepared us for this very scenario. We'll go in with that Baltimore game fresh on our minds.
                  Last edited by ATL-Eric; 01-08-2014, 05:41 AM.

Comment

Check out windguru

Weather prediction for game
                    http://www.windguru.cz/int/index.php...163&sty=m_menu

Comment

I doubt Peyton would be happy about snow or a cold snap. Advantage: Chargers!

Comment

We have no chance

Comment

Not worried about cold. Am worried about wind

Comment

Originally posted by El Guapo View Post
                            Well, according to Trent Dilfer, Tebow can now throw the ball like any other NFL QB thanks to his new changes.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-S...7/Tebow-Dilfer

I'm no Tebow lover, but I have been looking for a place to put this as I didn't want to start a new thread over it.

Go Broncos!
                            I'm not usually one to care but I saw your post in another thread this morning. 'Around the NFL' 3 days ago

Comment

Accuweather has it at 45 degrees, completely clear, and breezy. No snow on Saturday either.

Comment

Working...
                              X