Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elway interview now

On FoxSports1 right now.

Anything interesting, or just the standard answers?

Comment

It's a 30 min interview. 1 on 1 is the show.

Comment

rep. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by JCMElway View Post
          Anything interesting, or just the standard answers?
          He and John Lynch discussed Tebow to Manning. Re-stated his instinct not to give Peyton the hard sell. Funny recounting of getting a phone call from Peyton saying he was coming to Denver.

After the commercial they're going to discuss his getting drafted by Baltimore etc.

Comment

Really good special. Interesting recount of growing up w his Dad the coach. Talked about meeting Steinbrenner and being struck by his intensity. Baseball was important leverage in getting away from the Colts.

Comment

I wish Lynch played here longer, that we got him closer to his prime...

Comment

Originally posted by KipCorrington25 View Post
                I wish Lynch played here longer, that we got him closer to his prime...
                Oh yeah he seems like such the Bronco but really only played a few seasons.

He's doing a terrific job in this interview.

Comment

Elway is so smart and well spoken. Wonder if he could've run for Governor of Colorado.

Comment

Haha Lynch asked about the read option and today's rules and whether or not Elway would've liked it. Eyes lit up like candles, "I would've loved it."

Comment

Hopefully this is posted online

Comment

Replays 1/10 at 5pm.

Comment

Originally posted by TD4HOF View Post
                          Haha Lynch asked about the read option and today's rules and whether or not Elway would've liked it. Eyes lit up like candles, "I would've loved it."
                          Maybe I am not reading your statement correctly, but what rule(s) prevented Elway from running the read option? Other than the Dan Reeves rule of offensive stubbornness, that is. I think that would have been a great idea and certainly innovative for the time.

Comment

Gonna have to tune in I missed it

Comment

Originally posted by TD4HOF View Post
                              . No wonder Elway let "he who shall not be named" go. He's looking at the game tape saying to himself "I could have run this $h!t."

Comment

Working...
                              X