Noise Noise Noise!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noise Noise Noise!

I live in Phoenix and will be coming for the AFC Championship if we make it. Would do anything to be there this Sunday too.

For anyone going to the game, please yell as loud as you can the entire game. You should walk out of that stadium unable to talk. And it's not just you. Get the person next to you to do their part...and have them get the person next to them to scream. It could be the difference in a close game. We can't have 32,000 people yelling. Needs to be 77,000.

Well, not the ENTIRE game...but yes.

Comment

Agreed completely. The crowd needs to be into it until the whistle blows, NO MATTER WHAT! Chances are SD is going to grind out some drives. The worst thing that could happen is if that in turn takes the crowd out of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBound View Post
        Agreed completely. The crowd needs to be into it until the whistle blows, NO MATTER WHAT! Chances are SD is going to grind out some drives. The worst thing that could happen is if that in turn takes the crowd out of the game.
        Right. And I feel like too many people sit there while others are loud. I'm serious, if you are at the game get everyone around you up.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabb View Post
          Well, not the ENTIRE game...but yes.

Know when to cheer
          Know when to drink beer
          Know when to yell
          Know when to...SHUT THE HELL UP!

Comment

Yes this will be important but im pretty sure Mile High will rock.

Comment

It was mentioned in some of the threads following the Thursday night game (related to the stabbing that took place), and I noticed it too, but that was a strange crowd with an odd vibe that night. The week leading up, I noticed a bunch of friends and others selling their tickets. Some of the crowd was into it, but everybody was not all in.

Comment

[QUOTE=Mile High 81;4018Yes this will be important but im pretty sure Mile High will rock.[/QUOTE]

I'm not afraid that it won't be rocking. I'm afraid that when a little bit of adversity hits the crowd will be taken out of it and this will become a chargers home game.

Comment

I'm not afraid that it won't be rocking. I'm afraid that when a little bit of adversity hits the crowd will be taken out of it and this will become a chargers home game.
                  Yep. Or like I said that some people will let others pull the weight.

77,000. Nobody gets off free. Make them yell

Comment

Originally posted by Crushaholic View Post
                    Know when to cheer
                    Know when to drink beer
                    Know when to yell
                    Know when to...SHUT THE HELL UP!

Know when to get back in the closet!

Comment

That seems to be a very common occurrence on long drives against the Broncos. Last time I had guests over to watch a game they commented on that pretty frequently.

Comment

I don't think it will be a problem. Chargers' fans don't travel very well. We will have all but 2k of that stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnykbr View Post
                          That seems to be a very common occurrence on long drives against the Broncos. Last time I had guests over to watch a game they commented on that pretty frequently.
                          Listen I get it, it's hard to be all fired up when your team is getting their **** pushed in on a particular drive, but people need to realize that they can effect the outcome of a pla, drive, or gam. Just scream. The entire ****ing time or offense doesn't have the ball. Scream the ABC's for all I care.. Don't let up.

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoBroncos View Post
                            Right. And I feel like too many people sit there while others are loud. I'm serious, if you are at the game get everyone around you up.
                            So I think it is a misconception that you can make more noise while standing at Mile High. I also think that lots of people who sit during the game, while looking like they aren't in it - understand this. Some people I know who have gone to games for a long time complain about this - saying that when people get up - noise level goes down.

One of the amazing things about old Mile High is that the stands shook like crazy - I have vague memories of this so I could be wrong - but during critical moments during the game fans were encouraged to stomp their feet to create "Rocky Mountain Thunder". They even had a chessy 8-bit looking graphic that showed up on the old-school jumbotron. I always sat in the 500 level (and still do) in the old mile high and when this happened the stadium shook like nothing else - it was almost scary. It's why in so many of the old Broncos broadcast videos they can't seem to keep the cameras still - people are stomping their hearts out and yelling.

When they were building the new Mile high, I remember reading news reports that said that they were building the stadium specifically to continue "Rocky Mountain Thunder" and create that crazy low rumbling roar and shaking you can sometimes hear on TV. It still works, but every section has that those fans who have to stand up and scream at those who aren't standing. It seems like fans don't do this as much anymore because they don't ask fans to do it on the jumbotron. So if you go to the game and see people sitting - there is a very good chance they are stomping their feet like fans used to do when the stadium used to really shake. I'd love to see us go back to that - it was amazing to be a part of, and I'm guessing intimidating for opposing teams.
                            Last edited by Binkythefrog; 01-07-2014, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Binkythefrog View Post
                              So I think it is a misconception that you can make more noise while standing at Mile High. I also think that lots of people who sit in the lower bowl, while looking like they aren't in it - understand this. Some people I know who have gone to games for a long time complain about this - saying that when people get up - noise level goes down.

One of the amazing things about old Mile High is that the stands shook like crazy - I have vague memories of this so I could be wrong - but during critical moments during the game fans were encouraged to stomp their feet to create "Rocky Mountain Thunder". They even had a chessy 8-bit looking graphic that showed up on the old-school jumbotron. I always sat in the 500 level (and still do) in the old mile high and when this happened the stadium shook like nothing else - it was almost scary. It's why in so many of the old Broncos broadcast videos they can't seem to keep the cameras still - people are stomping their hearts out and yelling.

When they were building the new Mile high, I remember reading news reports that said that they were building the stadium specifically to continue "Rocky Mountain Thunder" and create that crazy low rumbling roar and shaking you can sometimes hear on TV. It still works, but every section has that those fans who have to stand up and scream at those who aren't standing. It seems like fans don't do this as much anymore because they don't ask fans to do it on the jumbotron. So if you go to the game and see people sitting - there is a very good chance they are stomping their feet like Broncos used to do when the stadium used to really shake. I'd love to see us go back to that - it was amazing to be a part of, and I'm guessing intimidating for opposing teams.
                              That's fine. If you see someone around you not yelling tell them to!

Comment

Working...
                              X