Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have a confession to make: I've never been able to ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a confession to make: I've never been able to ....

I have a confession to make: I've never been able to find in my heart any hatred for the San Diego shooper-Chargers.

As to the black and to the red, well ... my hatred for them burns with the white-hot intensity of ten thousand suns. And I hate the Ravens, NE and Rapes-burgh a thousand times more than the chug-chugs. Maybe it's because they've never beaten us in a big game, never edged us for the division crown, whatever, I just can't hate 'em. In fact I like the powder blue.

I know there's others who come up lukewarm in chuggers-hate ... admit it, all of you.

It'll be close til mid-2nd quarter ... the we'll pull away, win by 24.

im with you on this and belive the game will play out the same

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/257Cmj0s2q8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

You're not alone. I hate the Raiders and took sheer sadistic pleasure in that EPIC fail by KC. EPIC FAIL!

If we lose to San Diego, they would be my 3rd (after Carolina) preferred team to win. Though I'll root for them passively rather than actively.
      Last edited by Broncomutt; 01-07-2014, 05:59 AM.

Comment

Trust me, you'll hate them (SD) if we jump out to a 24 point lead, and "gack it" (i.e.choke) in the 4th quarter....

Comment

Yea indifferent to the chargers; now Phyllis I do hate

Comment

I don't like Rivers mostly due to him getting the better of us a lot of time and owning Cutler in their little feud of sorts. I Barely hate the raiders anymore... They haven't done anything in 11 years, sure they've beaten us but it happens... I loathe Pitt, NE and KC.

San Diego the team, they don't even really have fans... hard to bother hating them. They are a Solid team though.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBuff View Post
              Maybe it's because they've never beaten us in a big game, never edged us for the division crown, whatever.
              Well, Shanahan's last game coaching the Broncos was pretty big. They crushed us and any chance he had of returning to coach another season. I've actually hated them more than any other division opponent over the last several years because they've generally been the only team that's been competitive and they actually were the division's best team for a while there.

All that said, I probably hate the Eagles, Patriots and Ravens more than any current division opponent.

Comment

Pats and Seahawks

Please DO NOT have either of those 2 teams win the SB

Comment

the thing is - during my formative years, the Chargers were nothing... a joke of a franchise. They had guys like Natrone Means, Junior Seau, and Rodney Harrison, that's pretty much all of the Chargers of those era's I can remember.

When they got good, we were on a downswing. Outside of maybe 2004 and 2008, we have never really been in a division title race with the Chargers, and in 2008 It was more about us ****ting the bed than anything the Chargers did.

This is the first time these teams have met in the playoffs, and is the most meaningful game since cutler/Shanahan's swan song at the end of 2008.

The only Charger fans I have ever interacted with on the internet are very calm, rational, smart, and good at talking about football - not full of false bravado like our friends from the Midwest, and certainly smarter than the other Californians.

I have always kind of liked the Chargers and have never hesitated to draft Tomlinson or Gates for my fantasy football team. Hell, I had Rivers this year. I haven't had a raider on any fantasy football team since 2001, and can't remember the last time I had a Chief.

Comment

Indifferent

Comment

Ambivilent. There, I said it.

Comment

When I first started watching Dan Fouts was retiring (I remember the snow game) and the Chargers always were the team with the "neat uniforms"....Ever since Rivers has become their QB, I F'ing HATE THEM

Comment

Originally posted by RedskinBronco View Post
                          Yea indifferent to the chargers; now Phyllis I do hate
                          Yep, this is where I'm at. But no, I will not, cannot root for them to win in any situation.

Comment

Originally posted by mwill07 View Post
                            the thing is - during my formative years, the Chargers were nothing... a joke of a franchise. They had guys like Natrone Means, Junior Seau, and Rodney Harrison, that's pretty much all of the Chargers of those era's I can remember.

When they got good, we were on a downswing. Outside of maybe 2004 and 2008, we have never really been in a division title race with the Chargers, and in 2008 It was more about us ****ting the bed than anything the Chargers did.

This is the first time these teams have met in the playoffs, and is the most meaningful game since cutler/Shanahan's swan song at the end of 2008.

The only Charger fans I have ever interacted with on the internet are very calm, rational, smart, and good at talking about football - not full of false bravado like our friends from the Midwest, and certainly smarter than the other Californians.

I have always kind of liked the Chargers and have never hesitated to draft Tomlinson or Gates for my fantasy football team. Hell, I had Rivers this year. I haven't had a raider on any fantasy football team since 2001, and can't remember the last time I had a Chief.
                            Ewww, Natrone Means, ~shudder~

And you don't have to like a team to pick up a player in fantasy football. You haven't had a Raider because what Raider is there that would get you points (please, no one say McFadden). Same with the Chiefs, except their D the first 9 weeks of the season was outstanding.

Comment

If you reside in the afc west, I hate you, period. I hope you never win another game, period. Seahags came off the list when they headed for the NFC. But then along came Pete Carroll.
                              Last edited by Smiling Assassin27; 01-07-2014, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X