2013 Penalties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Penalties

Found this site interesting even if the sample size is too small to make any findings or conclusions from.

http://www.nflpenalties.com/team/den...ncos?year=2013.

Denver was the forth most penalized team in the league this year with 117 flags. 35 of which occurred pre-snap.

The ones that drive me crazy are the unforced ones that Denver seems to specialize in.

Defensive 12 On-field (Tied for 31st in the league).
    Player Out of Bounds on Punt (Tied for 31st in the league).
    Defensive Delay of Game (Tied for 31st in the league).
    Taunting (Tied for 25th in the league).

It would be nice to see none of these type of bonehead penalties in the playoffs.

Scroll down for individual player penalties. Vickerson was the Broncos dirtiest players. I have zero idea way Beadles had 3 false starts based on where on the line he is. Harris, Nacho and Carter all were feeling generous.

Originally posted by delany View Post
    Found this site interesting even if the sample size is too small to make any findings or conclusions from.

http://www.nflpenalties.com/team/den...ncos?year=2013.

Denver was the forth most penalized team in the league this year with 117 flags. 35 of which occurred pre-snap.

The ones that drive me crazy are the unforced ones that Denver seems to specialize in.

It would be nice to see none of these type of bonehead penalties in the playoffs.

Scroll down for individual player penalties. Vickerson was the Broncos dirtiest players. I have zero idea way Beadles had 3 false starts based on where on the line he is. Harris, Nacho and Carter all were feeling generous.
    That's just a pure lack of self-discipline in some cases and an egregious lack of focus in other cases. The personnel groupings/injuries may have contributed to some of the inflated numbers, but for a #1 seed those kinds of penalties can be a team's undoing in tight games.

Comment

Yes, in regard to penalties, our team is lazy/sloppy/undisciplined.

Comment

All those concussions make a man forget the rules of the game sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Requiem View Post
          All those concussions make a man forget the rules of the game sometimes.

Wes Welker may not be able to remember where he left his car keys - or what his mother's face looked like for that matter - but he does remember where you live.

Oh, yes, he remembers...and waits...

Comment

Oh, so the 2013 is for the year. I thought we had 2013 penalties!

Comment

Hmmm....Patriots tied for least penalized team. What a shock.

Comment

That is insane.

Comment

Originally posted by winstoncup bronco View Post
                  They also have the highest number of first downs achieved via opponent penalty

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/te...y/seasontype/2

and, of course, are tied for fewest number of first downs allowed by penalty

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/te...e/seasontype/2

Comment

That's why I said we should win this game, if we dont self destruct. I.E. all these undisciplined penalties that they're capable of. I hope this was emphasized in the "getting better" week. Players & Coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by winstoncup bronco View Post
                      Isn't a surprise the NFL can't have their team getting called for penalties

Comment

how do we not lead the league in this after the SD game last month?

Comment

When fox was hired, i thought our team plays with more Discipline and will be tough mentally.
                          it's surprising that our players are soft and makes lot of mental mistakes.

Comment

Working...
                          X