Spooky...History is Repeating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spooky...History is Repeating

After the baltimore loss last year I immediately felt like we were going to win the next 2 superbowls like the 97-98 broncos did after being upset by the Jags. But now it just seems like everything is coming into place....

In 97 the Broncos had a ridiculously similar record week to week. Won first 6 games, lost 1, won next 3, lost 1, won next 2, lost one. The only difference was a loss in week 17.

In the playoffs they beat the Jags in a wildcard game, but in the divisional game they beat a division rival team KC who they split the series with that year. Then in the AFC ship they beat a Steelers team they lost to that year. They would end up following that path if they make the bowl.

Other weird things....

I may be wrong but I believe that Chiefs game was the first time we met them in the playoffs similar to the Chargers this year.

An aging Hall of Fame QB. Plus Elway I believe had his most career TD's that year.

Each team had 5 pro bowlers.

May be wrong but I believe Shanahan was in the same year with the team as Fox is.

Based on this I think the Broncos are winning the next 2 ships, including a win against the 49ers (97 Packers) this year, and Moreno will be the SB MVP.

Wait, what?

I just heard the Chargers already won the whole thing.

Comment

I like this thought. And I kinda felt this season could be similar to that great run. However, I had much more confidence in the D of 97-98. This D, not so much.

Great point though..

Comment

But, Eagles home opener.

/thread.

Comment

Originally posted by SeedReaver View Post
          But, Eagles home opener.

/thread.
          So St. Louis won the 2011 SB and Detroit won in 2010? Where the hell have I been?

Comment

Let's not forget either that both QB's were/are 37, both had/have a starting RB that was from the U of Georgia, and that both were/are hearing crap at how they usually lose in the playoffs/SB and can't win the big one, in college or the NFL.

Comment

not to mention we were wildcard in 97, not division champs.

guess I'd better dig out the identical thing I wore in 97 for sunday. now where is that barrel.

Comment

Revenge tour 2.0

Comment

Originally posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post

guess I'd better dig out the identical thing I wore in 97 for sunday. now where is that barrel.
                  I'll be at the game in my "special" game-day thong.

Comment

Originally posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post

Don't burst my bubble! It's about the 96 and 97 seasons starting with the divisional games. Now stop it.!

Comment

You're taking alotta flack here, but I think I'm on your wavelength.

Let's examine the points:

Originally posted by in awe View Post
                      In 97 the Broncos had a ridiculously similar record week to week. Won first 6 games, lost 1, won next 3, lost 1, won next 2, lost one. The only difference was a loss in week 17.
                      Check ... week for week W-L sequence matches (though it was Week 16 that differed - lost to 49ers in '97, beat Texans '13) ... kinda spooky.

In the playoffs they beat the Jags in a wildcard game

in the divisional game they beat a division rival team KC who they split the series with that year.

Then in the AFC ship they beat a Steelers team they lost to that year.
                      Don't play Wild Card this year ........

Check, Playoff Round 1 vs. Divisional rival we'd split with ...

Check, Colts and NE both qualify ... again, kinda spooky.

We've lost 3 games this year ... all 3 losses are staring us in the face, SD now, IND or NE next. As has been mentioned, REVENGE II ... although the '97 team had to play AT narrowhead and three rapists.

Other weird things.... I may be wrong but I believe that Chiefs game was the first time we met them in the playoffs similar to the Chargers this year.
                      Check ...

An aging Hall of Fame QB.
                      Elway I believe had his most career TD's that year.
                      Each team had 5 pro bowlers.
                      I believe Shanahan was in the same year with the team as Fox is.
                      Check ... (Bonus: Both 37)

Check ...

No, Broncos had 6 Pro Bowlers in '97, though Elway was injured and DNP.

Check, 3rd year ...

Based on this I think the Broncos are winning the next 2 ships, including a win against the 49ers (97 Packers) this year, and Moreno will be the SB MVP.
                      Errrr, ya lost me there, Nostradamus.

But very interesting, nice work.

Comment

Originally posted by SeedReaver View Post
                        But, Eagles home opener.

/thread.
                        Something that nobody brings up with this Eagles stuff...

The last 4 SB winners lost in week 15. Denver lost in week 15 this year.

2012 Baltimore lost @ home to Denver
                        2011 Giants lost @ home to Washington
                        2010 Green Bay lost to NE
                        2009 NO lost to Dallas

Comment

Originally posted by NYBroncoManiac View Post
                          I'll be at the game in my "special" game-day thong.
                          I tried a thong once, but put it on backwards.

Looked like a one-eared elephant. Not comfy.

Comment

Originally posted by bronco_diesel View Post

2009 NO lost to Dallas
                            Also lost in the hoopla is the fact that 3 of the last 7 Super Bowl winners were quarterbacked by someone named 'Manning'

Comment

Originally posted by bronco_diesel View Post

2009 NO lost to Dallas

Comment

Working...
                              X