Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone trust Trindon Holliday or Wes Welker on Special Teams?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone trust Trindon Holliday or Wes Welker on Special Teams?

I don't.

Problem is: I don't know what the alternatives are. I would support a John Fox move to go "Full Turtle" w/ Holliday and keep that clown on the bench during the playoffs.

Welker's only job should be to fair catch EVERYTHING!

Bottom line: with the exception of Prater, we have a very sub-par Special Teams unit.

I'm sure someone does. Maybe Trindon's mom.

Comment

Not on punts. Decker can waive his arm and catch. Put him back there.

Comment

SB Nation Article on whether Holliday is an asset or liability:

http://www.milehighreport.com/2014/1...t-or-liability

The consensus opinion is that Trindon should ONLY be allowed to return kickoffs. For punts, we should bring in someone else.

I'm OK with that I guess.

Comment

Welker yes Holliday not so much.

Comment

Yeah I do actually.

Comment

Holliday scares me to death. Even Welker and Decker do after he did that goofy looking technique on that one fair catch.

Comment

If Holliday sits on punts, would you rather have Welker or Decker?

Personally, I don't like the idea of either one fielding punts. Welker has already muffed the job away, and using Decker is too risky - we need him on offsense.

So who else? Caldwell?

Comment

I'm confident Holliday won't be returning punts next week unless we're down big

Comment

Originally posted by Armchair Bronco View Post
                    SB Nation Article on whether Holliday is an asset or liability:

http://www.milehighreport.com/2014/1...t-or-liability

The consensus opinion is that Trindon should ONLY be allowed to return kickoffs. For punts, we should bring in someone else.

I'm OK with that I guess.
                    I'm down with that. Maybe let him on punts again if he manages to break another and get his confidence back. I miss Jim Leonhard for being the safe man on returns though

Comment

Put nobody back there and start the offense wherever.

Comment

Originally posted by Armchair Bronco View Post

I don't.

Problem is: I don't know what the alternatives are. I would support a John Fox move to go "Full Turtle" w/ Holliday and keep that clown on the bench during the playoffs.

Welker's only job should be to fair catch EVERYTHING!

Bottom line: with the exception of Prater, we have a very sub-par Special Teams unit.

We better forfeit now. We cannot possibly win. 13-3 regular season? 1 seed? Most prolific offense ever? Frauds. Abandon your posts! FLEE! FLEE FOR YOUR LIVES!

Comment

not on punt returns

Put Decker back there and fair catch everything

Or put no one back there and start from wherever

Comment

I am sure they are not as trustworthy as your Seahawks special teams players. Punt returns scare the crap out of me on both guys. Welker won't be back there since he has been out for the month and has concussion issues. I think we will have to bite the bullet and go with Trindon

Comment

Holliday and Welker have short arms. Holliday even scared me last year fielding punts with people around him.

Put Decker back there with his heels on the 15. If he has to run up, field it. If it's over his head, everybody needs to GTFO of the way of the ball.

Comment

Working...
                              X