The one advantage San Diego will have vs. Denver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The one advantage San Diego will have vs. Denver

Coaching. I have the ultimate respect for Mike McCoy. I think he is the reason we had the success we did even when Tebow was here. The guy has a dynamic feel for the rhythm of the game and how to call it. They play with an edge on offense, special teams and they find a way to get it done on defense despite bad statistics. Denver is going to have it's work cut out for them this week and will need to bring it's A game. Felt like Indy was going to be an easier out. Now we are going to have to do it the hard way. I fully expect NE to take out the Colts now so we'll have our revenge tour... San Diego at home, and if we win, the Pats shortly there after. It's a bigger statement for Peyton Manning, because SD & NE, Rivers & Brady have largely had his number in his career so he will need to buck the trend with a better overall team than they have. No excuses.
    Last edited by bpc; 01-05-2014, 12:30 PM.

mCcoy is smart and I am pissed he stayed in the same division.

I know what SD was able to do last time but we beat them soundly at their house and I am sure we can do it at our place the 2nd time around. Last time it was a short week and we had a couple injuries. We should be fully rested with Champ back. Work in some Huff to blitz from safety and I like our chances vs anyone.

Comment

Our team got better when McCoy left. Gase over Captain Conservative any day.

Comment

Originally posted by bpc View Post
        Coaching. I have the ultimate respect for Mike McCoy. I think he is the reason we had the success we did even when Tebow was here. The guy has a dynamic feel for the rhythm of the game and how to call it. They play with an edge on offense, special teams and they find a way to get it done on defense despite bad statistics. Denver is going to have it's work cut out for them this week and will need to bring it's A game. Felt like Indy was going to be an easier out. Now we are going to have to do it the hard way. I fully expect NE to take out the Colts now so we'll have our revenge tour... San Diego at home, and if we win, the Pats shortly there after. It's a bigger statement for Peyton Manning, because SD & NE, Rivers & Brady have largely had his number in his career so he will need to buck the trend with a better overall team than they have. No excuses.

They said earlier in the Cinci-SD game that the Chargers ran it on first down nearly every single time. I do not miss that. And the Chargers are a two faced team. World beaters one week, Jekyll and Hyde the next. However...there is still a quarter to play and you cannot say without a doubt that SD will win it.

Comment

They have a hot QB and can play ball control offense. Their Defense has got some players back and their WR get better every week. There isn't a hotter team in the playoffs right now.

Comment

San Diego is the one squad I didn't want to see in the playoffs... We got owned at home against them, I know it was a short week, but we looked well game planned against and our D looked hapless...

Time to earn the bucks Peyton... Next week is gonna be a huge test

Comment

Originally posted by Sly_Eli View Post
              Our team got better when McCoy left. Gase over Captain Conservative any day.
              How so? You pin the Baltimore loss on him? He didn't give up a hail mary to lose the game. That was on JDR and his defense. He also didn't have the authority to go for it at the end of regulation. That was Fox.

Denver's offense did enough to advance in the playoffs last year. It wasn't on McCoy. I don't necessarily love everything he called in that game but he didn't lose the game either.

Comment

As I predicted McCoy is doing a great job with SD but i wouldn't say he's better than who we have.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Large View Post
                  San Diego is the one squad I didn't want to see in the playoffs... We got owned at home against them, I know it was a short week, but we looked well game planned against and our D looked hapless...

Time to earn the bucks Peyton... Next week is gonna be a huge test
                  We were without Welker, Champ hadn't returned. We were working on a short week and tweaking the lineups. Our running game is better now.

Denver is going to teabag San Diego

Comment

Originally posted by Archer81 View Post
                    They said earlier in the Cinci-SD game that the Chargers ran it on first down nearly every single time. I do not miss that. And the Chargers are a two faced team. World beaters one week, Jekyll and Hyde the next. However...there is still a quarter to play and you cannot say without a doubt that SD will win it.

He's smart. Cincy is more talented. Keep the clock moving limiting damage to a vulnerable defense. Pressure is on Cincy to win at home, or win a big game something Dalton has never done. I think it was smart. Cincy is playing super tight today and SD is cutting the clock and they've been doing it all day.

Comment

Agree but, I don't think our D is better then any team in playoffs.

I think its a statement for PFM Fox Gase and our no pressure weak D to advance to AFCCG.
                      Last edited by NFLBRONCO; 01-05-2014, 12:47 PM.

Comment

There is no way in hell that Denver can lose 2 years in a row at home in the Divisonal rd.

Comment

How so? You pin the Baltimore loss on him? He didn't give up a hail mary to lose the game. That was on JDR and his defense. He also didn't have the authority to go for it at the end of regulation. That was Fox.

Denver's offense did enough to advance in the playoffs last year. It wasn't on McCoy. I don't necessarily love everything he called in that game but he didn't lose the game either.
                          That was on Rahim Moore. I'm not blaming coaching for a players epic **** up

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
                            That was on Rahim Moore. I'm not blaming coaching for a players epic **** up
                            I agree

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
                              We were without Welker, Champ hadn't returned. We were working on a short week and tweaking the lineups. Our running game is better now.

Denver is going to teabag San Diego
                              Tea bag you say? I like the sound of that.

The Chugs almost crapped against the Epic Chockers backups, and the Bengals ****ed themselves...

Not too worried, just want to win

Comment

Working...
                              X