Reid's clock management

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reid's clock management

Reid's gonna fit in perfectly over there.

Wasting timeouts in a playoff game almost always come back to haunt.

Comment

2 minute warning, and Reid burns a TO right after it. Can't make this stuff up folks.

Comment

Wasting the first 2 timeouts was bad. By the time they were past the 2 min warning, though, with just the 1 TO left and facing 4th and 11, I don't think burning that last one was a real big mistake.

Get the first down and they would have been in winning FG range and would have ran down the clock anyway. Fail and best case they maybe get ball back on a punt with 20 seconds? It was smarter to use it to adjust to whatever defense they saw coming out of the 2 min warning. And it actually almost worked if Bowe had ran in bounds!

But, on the whole, Reid is atrocious at clock management. Blowing a 28 pt second half lead requires it.

Comment

Between Reid and Smith all three second half time outs were just simply wasted.

Comment

That last one was inexcusable. It didn't even help them.

Comment

I'll be one to actually give KC some credit for putting up one hell of a fight. I didn't think this game would be very close and it took a total collapse for them to lose.

While that last time out probably wouldn't have mattered, it's the same game management stuff Reid has always had a problem with.

Comment

You'd think that with his poor clock management skills, Reid could hire someone to do this stuff on his behalf.

Sorta like the rookie first round pick with $2M in the bank not calling for a taxi when he's completely drunk.

Delegate, guys! Delegate!

Comment

Originally posted by Armchair Bronco View Post
                  You'd think that with his poor clock management skills, Reid could hire someone to do this stuff on his behalf.

Sorta like the rookie first round pick with $2M in the bank not calling for a taxi when he's completely drunk.

Delegate, guys! Delegate!
                  That's the Head Coaches job.

He needs to hire a real OC to call plays and concentrate on being a head coach.

Comment

Reminds me of that Eagles Vs Pats Super Bowl had no clue what to do with clock management

Comment

Originally posted by boltaneer View Post
                      I'll be one to actually give KC some credit for putting up one hell of a fight. I didn't think this game would be very close and it took a total collapse for them to lose.

While that last time out probably wouldn't have mattered, it's the same game management stuff Reid has always had a problem with.
                      Whatever credit they could've earned they blew when they collapsed in on themselves like a dying star. The Chiefs are the still the Chiefs. Nothing has changed.

Comment

Simply amazing how an NFL HQ can consistently be so bad at clock management. Reid and his teams will never change. =======++=

Comment

Honestly does Reid look like an NFL coach? I don't think so he looks like someone I would ask who has the best buffet in Vegas or best BBQ in KC. I thought it was funny Mayock had KC play calls pegged in the 4th quarter.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
                            Honestly does Reid look like an NFL coach? I don't think so he looks like someone I would ask who has the best buffet in Vegas or best BBQ in KC. I thought it was funny Mayock had KC play calls pegged in the 4th quarter.
                            Yeah, I doubt the iggles miss him.

Comment

Working...
                            X