Andre Caldwell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andre Caldwell

Like Eric Decker, his contract is up after the season. Most teams probably don't worry much about who their 4th WR is going to be, but with the way Manning spreads the ball around it would be really nice to have a guy that knows the system and has rapport with Manning, especially if Welker's concussion issues crop up again next year.

He's been flashing lately, with an effective combination of quickness, speed, and very good hands. I don't know what our cap situation is looking like but to me this is sort of a curious situation. Is there any way that Caldwell comes back for cheap? Do you want him back or should we look to the draft or free agency?

Originally posted by SportinOne View Post
    Like Eric Decker, his contract is up after the season. Most teams probably don't worry much about who their 4th WR is going to be, but with the way Manning spreads the ball around it would be really nice to have a guy that knows the system and has rapport with Manning, especially if Welker's concussion issues crop up again next year.

He's been flashing lately, with an effective combination of quickness, speed, and very good hands. I don't know what our cap situation is looking like but to me this is sort of a curious situation. Is there any way that Caldwell comes back for cheap? Do you want him back or should we look to the draft or free agency?
    I'd like to see him back at the right price. I know Gerrell Robinson is on the Practice Squad as a TE, but I thought he was a WR.

Comment

I think it depends on what Caldwell feels is more important....playing on a good team but seeing the ball less or moving somewhere else where he might be able to compete for more reps....

Personally he's played well in my opinion and if he's affordable, we bring him back.

Comment

Much bigger fish to fry. Doesnt matter to me.

Comment

Manning could make me a 4th WR....

Comment

If he wants to re-sign for cheap, other than that there will be a gazillion turd nugget 3/4 wide receivers to go after. Sign Ludo21. I hear his 40 is sub 5.0.

Comment

Unless he thinks he is Ashley Lelie 2.0, He would be better off signing with Denver at the going rate.

Comment

In before you get called out for giving up on the season

Comment

I don't think roster depth is anything to just sneeze at as we have found out this year with all the injuries we've had. The casual fan doesn't really care about this in great detail but I promise you GM's and coaches do. Having said that, with a QB like Manning, I don't think it's as big an issue as say, a safety or linebacker. Caldwell is decent but they could also look to the draft. I'd like to see them go after another project with great speed and somebody that could push to be a starter in a few years after being groomed by PM a little more.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Stout View Post
                    I'd like to see him back at the right price. I know Gerrell Robinson is on the Practice Squad as a TE, but I thought he was a WR.
                    When did this happen? He'd have to add 30 lbs!

Comment

Maybe Caldwell comes back on another short contract (1-2 years) but there's no way as an individual he can see growth in Denver unless Decker isn't resigned and he starts.

If I'm Caldwell, and I believe in my talents... I try to get a contract somewhere where I'll get more than 16 catches a season.

Comment

Originally posted by Houshyamama View Post
                        http://www.lockerpulse.com/News/Bron...-End-S8407117/

Comment

Hey thanks dude, very interesting. As an ASU alum I've been rooting for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Houshyamama View Post
                            It's been happening for the past year. Another Julius Thomas type.

I'd like to see Caldwell let go for a draft pick or younger guy to groom. There are enough veterans at the receiving corps as is.

Comment

Caldwell is a Austin Collie type imo.

Comment

Working...
                              X