X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Br0nc0Buster
    replied
    Its a catch 22
    Apparently it is better to suck when your team is bad than carry them by yourself into the playoffs where you will face superior teams

Leave a comment:

• Br0nc0Buster
    replied
    Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
    Or...it's jus hard to win Super Bowls. Not everyone has to be a choker
    I think that is their point
    It is stupid to call someone a choker when they don't win the SB

Especially when Manning would carry a garbage team on his back to the playoffs each year

Leave a comment:

• SonOfLe-loLang
    replied
    Originally posted by CEH View Post
    How about BB and Brady since they last won a SB in 2004.
    8-7. Manning in that same span 6-6

Add Brady to the choker class as well
    Or...it's jus hard to win Super Bowls. Not everyone has to be a choker

Leave a comment:

• R8R H8R
    replied
    Originally posted by CEH View Post

Not to mention, Brady is 0-2 in SB's since that time period, while Peyton is 1-1. Brady can't win the big one without Teddy Bruschi!

Leave a comment:

• broncosteven
    replied
    Originally posted by errand View Post
    In '97 the Broncos lost to all four of their playoff opponents the last time they played them.

Broncos lost to Packers 41-6 in 15th game of '96

Broncos lost to Jags in '96 divisional playoff, blowing a 12-0 lead

Broncos lost to Chiefs 24-22 in '97 regular season game

Broncos lost to Steelers 35-24 in '97 regular season game, blowing a 21-7 lead

Broncos came back and defeated all four of their '97 playoff opponents so yeah, it can happen again in the playoffs.
    Difference being we can only beat 2 of the teams we lost to so Fate would mean we play either Cuggers/Colts then Pats/Chuggers/Colts. If we play kFc or Bungles then we have proven Free Will over Fate.

Leave a comment:

• CEH
    replied
    Originally posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
    Why isn't Drew Brees considered a choking loser with only one championship in 13 years?

I guess because he doesn't get there enough? Kind of a weird dichotomy.

Brees - 5 playoffs in 13 years with 1 ring
    Manning - 12 playoffs in 15 years with 1 ring.

Does Brees get graded on a curve because he is short?

Leave a comment:

• broncosteven
    replied
    Originally posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
    Why isn't Drew Brees considered a choking loser with only one championship in 13 years?

I think it is that he has been in the playoffs every year but only 1 SB win to show for it. Maybe if the Colts didn't make the playoffs as much he would get more of a pass.

I remember people saying John couldn't win the big games either. I rewatched "The Drive" last night for some good ju ju for Manning.

Leave a comment:

• R8R H8R
    replied
    Originally posted by Cito Pelon View Post
    Indy, SD, they fooled Manning into checking into bad running plays. This has been done to Manning before. Tight coverage, amoeba defense, not showing anything til after the snap, that gives Manning fits. Manning can be had, and as Luigi said, the tendencies will get him and have got him in the past.

There is no doubt in playoff losses Manning's super-duper regular season offenses have been held to 16 PPG. And that is 12 playoff losses, a big sample.
    This may be partially true, but of course there are other factors involved. But here's the thing I think you are missing: They shot their wad, Cito. They showed us how they are going to play us, and the kicker is that they don't have the personnel to make any more significant adjustments to that blueprint. However, the Broncos certainly have the personnel/weapons to adjust to their game plan.

Look at the 2nd chief game for a good example. We played them waaaay better offensively at their place because we could adjust to how they would play us; because we have more talent on offense than they do on defense.

It's the teams we haven't played yet(Bengals & most NFC teams), and the Pats, that worry me the most. The Bengals are balanced offensively, and have a good defense. And Belicheat is notorious for playing teams much differently the 2nd time he plays them. I would love it if he plays rope a dope with us again, but I doubt he will.

Oh well, I think we win the divisional game relatively easy, but I could be wrong. However, anything beyond that is not a worry of mine until/unless it's here.

Leave a comment:

• Inkana7
    replied
    I've been really, really impressed with Ball over the past month or so. Feed that man.

Leave a comment:

• Gutless Drunk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SonOfLe-loLang
    replied
    If Manning was on another team, people would be laughing their ass off about what a crappy playoff record he has. But because he's a Bronco they make excuses.
    Only you would complain about having Peyton as our QB.

Leave a comment:

• errand
    replied
    Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
    That's because opposing fans have an agenda. Just like Bronco fans do. The reality is that he has fallen short at times, but also that he has been on a lot of teams that weren't really that good.
    Considering that his teams have gone one and done....many people will point that out as him being a failure...but to have played in 20 or more playoff games means you're pretty damn good.

Leave a comment:

• Agamemnon
    replied
    If Manning was on another team, people would be laughing their ass off about what a crappy playoff record he has. But because he's a Bronco they make excuses.
    That's because opposing fans have an agenda. Just like Bronco fans do. The reality is that he has fallen short at times, but also that he has been on a lot of teams that weren't really that good.

Leave a comment:

• Agamemnon
    replied
    Originally posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
    so you think he can be trusted to pick up and effectively block any blitzes?I see you are reluctant to answer this question so I have my answer.
    It is the reason why KM is the starter and gets the lions share of snaps! It is the reason why it is more likely that BALL will go out on a pass pattern than he will be held in the pocket to block.
    Yeah I have no worries with Ball in there. Oh and you are a retard. Seriously.

Leave a comment:

• McDman
    replied
    Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
    I think Drunken Broncoholic was and he's a real cool guy.
    A couple years ago I got a temp ban from the official boards because I made fun of some guy's jorts.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X