No announcement yet.

Denver is more dangerous on the ground than you think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been really, really impressed with Ball over the past month or so. Feed that man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cito Pelon View Post
      Indy, SD, they fooled Manning into checking into bad running plays. This has been done to Manning before. Tight coverage, amoeba defense, not showing anything til after the snap, that gives Manning fits. Manning can be had, and as Luigi said, the tendencies will get him and have got him in the past.

There is no doubt in playoff losses Manning's super-duper regular season offenses have been held to 16 PPG. And that is 12 playoff losses, a big sample.
      This may be partially true, but of course there are other factors involved. But here's the thing I think you are missing: They shot their wad, Cito. They showed us how they are going to play us, and the kicker is that they don't have the personnel to make any more significant adjustments to that blueprint. However, the Broncos certainly have the personnel/weapons to adjust to their game plan.

Look at the 2nd chief game for a good example. We played them waaaay better offensively at their place because we could adjust to how they would play us; because we have more talent on offense than they do on defense.

It's the teams we haven't played yet(Bengals & most NFC teams), and the Pats, that worry me the most. The Bengals are balanced offensively, and have a good defense. And Belicheat is notorious for playing teams much differently the 2nd time he plays them. I would love it if he plays rope a dope with us again, but I doubt he will.

Oh well, I think we win the divisional game relatively easy, but I could be wrong. However, anything beyond that is not a worry of mine until/unless it's here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
        Why isn't Drew Brees considered a choking loser with only one championship in 13 years?

I guess because he doesn't get there enough? Kind of a weird dichotomy.

Brees - 5 playoffs in 13 years with 1 ring
        Manning - 12 playoffs in 15 years with 1 ring.

Does Brees get graded on a curve because he is short?
        I think it is that he has been in the playoffs every year but only 1 SB win to show for it. Maybe if the Colts didn't make the playoffs as much he would get more of a pass.

I remember people saying John couldn't win the big games either. I rewatched "The Drive" last night for some good ju ju for Manning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
          Why isn't Drew Brees considered a choking loser with only one championship in 13 years?

I guess because he doesn't get there enough? Kind of a weird dichotomy.

Brees - 5 playoffs in 13 years with 1 ring
          Manning - 12 playoffs in 15 years with 1 ring.

Does Brees get graded on a curve because he is short?
          How about BB and Brady since they last won a SB in 2004.
          8-7. Manning in that same span 6-6

Add Brady to the choker class as well

Comment

• Originally posted by errand View Post
            In '97 the Broncos lost to all four of their playoff opponents the last time they played them.

Broncos lost to Packers 41-6 in 15th game of '96

Broncos lost to Jags in '96 divisional playoff, blowing a 12-0 lead

Broncos lost to Chiefs 24-22 in '97 regular season game

Broncos lost to Steelers 35-24 in '97 regular season game, blowing a 21-7 lead

Broncos came back and defeated all four of their '97 playoff opponents so yeah, it can happen again in the playoffs.
            Difference being we can only beat 2 of the teams we lost to so Fate would mean we play either Cuggers/Colts then Pats/Chuggers/Colts. If we play kFc or Bungles then we have proven Free Will over Fate.

Comment

• Originally posted by CEH View Post

Not to mention, Brady is 0-2 in SB's since that time period, while Peyton is 1-1. Brady can't win the big one without Teddy Bruschi!

Comment

• Originally posted by CEH View Post

Or...it's jus hard to win Super Bowls. Not everyone has to be a choker

Comment

• Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
                  Or...it's jus hard to win Super Bowls. Not everyone has to be a choker
                  I think that is their point
                  It is stupid to call someone a choker when they don't win the SB

Especially when Manning would carry a garbage team on his back to the playoffs each year

Comment

• Its a catch 22
                    Apparently it is better to suck when your team is bad than carry them by yourself into the playoffs where you will face superior teams

Comment

Working...
                    X