Denver is more dangerous on the ground than you think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Powderaddict View Post
    The offense was the most prolific of all time. The statement was that the offense needs to improve. I guess "the best of all time" isn't good enough for some.
    Actually, the argument was the offense has to be less predictable. In that, Luigi is correct. Depending on the personnel groupings, the offense IS predictable. It's very true. If the defense gives Manning a certain look with the O personnel grouping they have on the field, Manning will do a certain thing.

Defenses have done this to Manning over the course of his career. Did it this year with Indy and SD, Balt did it last year in the playoff game where Manning didn't score the third offensive TD until there was six minutes left in the 4th quarter.

It's a fact that Manning moves the offensive personnel around depending on what he sees at the LOS. But, he's limited in what he can do depending on the initial personnel grouping. It's a fact that Manning, despite having prolific regular season offenses, has a losing record in the playoffs where he's averaged 16 points or so in his playoff losses.

And despite Mannings obvious regular season prolific offensive numbers this year, I wouldn't be surprised to see him have a sub-20 point game in a playoff loss this year. Manning can be fooled by the good, smart, disciplined defenses. He has been before, and it wouldn't surprise me to see it done again.

Comment

Manning's offenses have always been a bit predictable. He relies on matchups and execution over misdirection.

It's a matter of execution. Which they have done. No one is perfect, no team is perfect, no player is perfect. But 'll take this offense as it is currently built, and running, over any in the NFL right now.

Comment

I though this was going to be a thread about Manning unleashing some Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu style grappling maneuvers in the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by mennonite View Post
          I though this was going to be a thread about Manning unleashing some Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu style grappling maneuvers in the playoffs.
          Nope his length is more beneficial to a Muay Thai style.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
            Nope his length is more beneficial to a Muay Thai style.
            ...I don't know what this means, but I'm pretty sure Mike Priefer doesn't approve of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cito Pelon View Post
              Luigi is exactly right. Teams will look at what SD did, what Indy did, what Balt did last year limiting Denver's O. They'll look at how Manning was fooled by their defenses and checked into bad plays.

What, you think everybody on the board should just say, "Yeah, we're awesome, just look at those POINTS baby?"

Denver LOST to three of the four AFC playoff teams they faced in the regular season this year. You got that? Indy beat them, SD beat them, the Pats beat them.
              I thought we lost the SD game more because of multiple drops and failure of the run game, Ball had 3 carries for -1 and Km had like 10 carries for 20 (if I remember right). Our run D was bad but Sly has improved since then.

Sure any given Sunday we can be beat but I like having the playoffs running through Denver and the team having a week to rest up.

Comment

Originally posted by broncosteven View Post
                I thought we lost the SD game more because of multiple drops and failure of the run game, Ball had 3 carries for -1 and Km had like 10 carries for 20 (if I remember right). Our run D was bad but Sly has improved since then.

Sure any given Sunday we can be beat but I like having the playoffs running through Denver and the team having a week to rest up.
                Indy, SD, they fooled Manning into checking into bad running plays. This has been done to Manning before. Tight coverage, amoeba defense, not showing anything til after the snap, that gives Manning fits. Manning can be had, and as Luigi said, the tendencies will get him and have got him in the past.

There is no doubt in playoff losses Manning's super-duper regular season offenses have been held to 16 PPG. And that is 12 playoff losses, a big sample.

Comment

If Manning was on another team, people would be laughing their ass off about what a crappy playoff record he has. But because he's a Bronco they make excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by Cito Pelon View Post
                    Denver lost to three out of the four AFC playoff teams they faced this year. That point bears repeating. It certainly can happen again in the playoffs.
                    In '97 the Broncos lost to all four of their playoff opponents the last time they played them.

Broncos lost to Packers 41-6 in 15th game of '96

Broncos lost to Jags in '96 divisional playoff, blowing a 12-0 lead

Broncos lost to Chiefs 24-22 in '97 regular season game

Broncos lost to Steelers 35-24 in '97 regular season game, blowing a 21-7 lead

Broncos came back and defeated all four of their '97 playoff opponents so yeah, it can happen again in the playoffs.
                    Last edited by errand; 01-03-2014, 05:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
                      I think Drunken Broncoholic was and he's a real cool guy.
                      A couple years ago I got a temp ban from the official boards because I made fun of some guy's jorts.

Comment

• Originally posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
                        so you think he can be trusted to pick up and effectively block any blitzes?I see you are reluctant to answer this question so I have my answer.
                        It is the reason why KM is the starter and gets the lions share of snaps! It is the reason why it is more likely that BALL will go out on a pass pattern than he will be held in the pocket to block.
                        Yeah I have no worries with Ball in there. Oh and you are a retard. Seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cito Pelon View Post
                          If Manning was on another team, people would be laughing their ass off about what a crappy playoff record he has. But because he's a Bronco they make excuses.
                          That's because opposing fans have an agenda. Just like Bronco fans do. The reality is that he has fallen short at times, but also that he has been on a lot of teams that weren't really that good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
                            That's because opposing fans have an agenda. Just like Bronco fans do. The reality is that he has fallen short at times, but also that he has been on a lot of teams that weren't really that good.
                            Considering that his teams have gone one and done....many people will point that out as him being a failure...but to have played in 20 or more playoff games means you're pretty damn good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cito Pelon View Post
                              Only you would complain about having Peyton as our QB.

Comment

• Why isn't Drew Brees considered a choking loser with only one championship in 13 years?

I guess because he doesn't get there enough? Kind of a weird dichotomy.

Brees - 5 playoffs in 13 years with 1 ring
                                Manning - 12 playoffs in 15 years with 1 ring.

Does Brees get graded on a curve because he is short?

Comment

Working...
                                X