Denver is more dangerous on the ground than you think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Durango View Post
    So predictable we're walking over people by two-three touchdowns. We lost three games, two on completely fluke plays and mistakes. What team are you following again?
    did we walk over the chargers?
    no, predictable.
    the chargers were the LAST contending team we played.
    we wont be facing teams like the 2-14 texans or the raiders in the play-offs.
    teams will review our loss to the chargers with a fine tooth comb and look to duplicate the blueprint !
    we MUST CHANGE ! we MUST be less predictable and do a better job of diminishing our own weaknesses, that means keeping our own D on the sidelines with a more controlled offense that takes 7 minutes to score, not 2 !

Comment

As we've watched the last quarter of the season (except for the San Diego anomaly), it is very easy to see that Montee Ball has started to "get it" and is running with confidence and authority.

He adds another dimension to this offense, and it is almost perfect the way that it has set up to be just in time for the playoffs.

I am thrilled to see it!

Comment

Originally posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
        did we walk over the chargers?
        no, predictable.
        the chargers were the LAST contending team we played.
        we wont be facing teams like the 2-14 texans or the raiders in the play-offs.
        teams will review our loss to the chargers with a fine tooth comb and look to duplicate the blueprint !
        we MUST CHANGE ! we MUST be less predictable and do a better job of diminishing our own weaknesses, that means keeping our own D on the sidelines with a more controlled offense that takes 7 minutes to score, not 2 !

no but we might face eagles chiefs colts and patriots where we combined for 178 points in 5 games so there is that,

Comment

Originally posted by bfoflcommish View Post
          no but we might face eagles chiefs colts and patriots where we combined for 178 points in 5 games so there is that,
          you really think we will face the eagles or the cheifs in the play-offs?
          BTW, we lost to the colts and pats and our D is even more depleted than those first games.
          our D no longer has any DEPTH ! we have to protect our D by keeping it OFF THE FIELD !
          I guess most of you are too young to remember dan fouts and the chargers offense that scored on almost every posession like it was a 2 minute drill/
          AIR CORYELL?
          FOUTS held all the records for passing in those years, ask him to show you his superbowl rings.
          I have already predicted that if we run the ball less than 20 times we will lose, i dont care who the opponent is!
          and I will predict a LOSS if PFM ends up throwing the ball more than 45 times too, regardless of who our opponent is.
          this article, the subject matter of this thread is about our run attack, more potent than most folks know.
          our rushing attack HAS TO BE UTILIZED, more than it was in the regular season, if we want to advance in the play-offs !

Comment

no this is the wrong mentality, sorry. the run needs to be an integral part of the game from our first possesion, the more we run, the more we control clock and tempo and keep our own D off the field.
            Just ask dan fouts to show you his superbowl rings.
            The defense hasn't been THAT bad. It's gotten put in several bad situations due to turnovers, key injuries during games, and special teams blunders.

The team's strength on offense is the passing game. The running game has its moments, but it's there to keep the defense honest. Nothing has shown me this season they can dominate on the ground. (The exception being the Patriots game, but the weather conditions called for it, and their DL was decimated. They still managed to lose that game somehow.)

A great running game would be nice, but with a not so mobile QB, there's only so many plays you can run from the pistol/shotgun. As long as they score, I don't care how fast/slow they do it. Points and putting the other team in passing situations are the best protector for the defense.

Comment

well we have a getter chance facing chiefs and eagles than we do teams like you mentioned so yeah. And like previously mentioned pats lose a fluke. But hey i guess keep spouting so you can keep being wrong...i hope wolfe can run a 40 next week

Comment

Originally posted by Armchair Bronco View Post
                I think that if Denver gets upset in the playoffs, it will be because of a Special Teams meltdown.

At this point, I do *NOT* trust either Trindon Holliday or Wes Welker to return anything! Holliday has hands the size of a walnut, and Welker's judgement on punts reflects a brain the size of a walnut.

Bring back Darrien "Flash" Gordon! That guy was a game-changer.

Wow I remember Darrien Gordon! He was one of my favorite bronco corners!

Comment

Starting new Broncos message board, brb.

(No Chef's allowed)

Comment

Originally posted by Durango View Post
                    So predictable we're walking over people by two-three touchdowns. We lost three games, two on completely fluke plays and mistakes. What team are you following again?
                    do you not see the contradiction within your own statement?
                    how does a team destroying opponents by 2 or 3 touchdowns lose on a singular fluke play?
                    ' you are only allowing yourself to recognize the extremes!
                    you might want to visit some middle ground where reality resides.
                    maybe take alook at our loss to the chargers, because you should know our opponents will definatly be disecting that loss on our own turf !
                    PREDICTABLE?
                    they will see a team that rarely has PFM under center, and when they do, it will be BALL in the backfield and a run is coming
                    On third and anything less than 10, PFM is looking to his slot receiver, and KM is staying in to block.
                    mccoy found it very easy to predict our O and defend it on that thursday night, I promise you our opponents will find those cues as they watch their gamefilm too.

Comment

you really think we will face the eagles or the cheifs in the play-offs?
                      BTW, we lost to the colts and pats and our D is even more depleted than those first games.
                      our D no longer has any DEPTH ! we have to protect our D by keeping it OFF THE FIELD !
                      I guess most of you are too young to remember dan fouts and the chargers offense that scored on almost every posession like it was a 2 minute drill/
                      AIR CORYELL?
                      FOUTS held all the records for passing in those years, ask him to show you his superbowl rings.
                      I have already predicted that if we run the ball less than 20 times we will lose, i dont care who the opponent is!
                      and I will predict a LOSS if PFM ends up throwing the ball more than 45 times too, regardless of who our opponent is.
                      this article, the subject matter of this thread is about our run attack, more potent than most folks know.
                      our rushing attack HAS TO BE UTILIZED, more than it was in the regular season, if we want to advance in the play-offs !
                      You're such a piece of ****. You are literally what is wrong with the world. Ted Cruz with less ambition. No one cares what you think or what you have to say. Take your agenda somewhere else. Seriously. Find a bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBound View Post
                        You're such a piece of ****. You are literally what is wrong with the world. Ted Cruz with less ambition. No one cares what you think or what you have to say. Take your agenda somewhere else. Seriously. Find a bridge.
                        He is ruining this board. Ignoring doesn't work, pointing out exactly where he is completely wrong doesn't work, mocking doesn't work.

I know several posters I really enjoy have mostly left because of him. I don't blame them. He's toxic.

Comment

You're such a piece of ****. You are literally what is wrong with the world. Nancy Pelosi with less ambition. No one cares what you think or what you have to say. Take your agenda somewhere else. Seriously. Find a bridge.
                          FFY

Comment

Your response to him is inappropriate. Although one doesn't have to agree entirely. He lists some analogies to the past that are very accurate to teams which were one sided in their offensive schemes that did have the blue print to handle teams with very good defenses and ball control but not great offenses - playoff football. I am sorry the San Diego game draws good comparison to the past and the depleted defense is a weak point.

Comment

Originally posted by dsmoot View Post
                              Your response to him is inappropriate. Although one doesn't have to agree entirely. He lists some analogies to the past that are very accurate to teams which were one sided in their offensive schemes that did have the blue print to handle teams with very good defenses and ball control but not great offenses - playoff football. I am sorry the San Diego game draws good comparison to the past and the depleted defense is a weak point.
                              It's not just about this one post, or this one thread dsmoot.

Comment

Is Chef really complaining about the highest scoring offense in NFL history?

Comment

Working...
                                X