Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• milehighJC
    replied
    Need an over/under for how many times the forecast will materially change before Sunday. Nine days = at LEAST nine changes.

Rain/shine/hot/cold/wet/dry/clear/cloudy Ill be in my seat trashing my voice. To steal the prediction, the only thing that is 100% is the chance of alcohol and food that is bad for me.

Was there with my son last year freezing our a$$es. The end will be different this year.

Farmers Almanac:

JANUARY 2014: temperature 33.5° (2° below avg. north, 5° above south); precipitation 3" (1.5" above avg.); Jan 1-6: Rain and snow showers north, sunny south; mild; Jan 7-11: Rain, then snow showers north; rain, then sunny south; turning cold; Jan 12-17: Flurries, very cold north; rain, then snowy periods south; Jan 18-28: Snow, then sunny, cold; Jan 29-31: Snow showers north, snowstorm south; cold. Broncos win Divisional and AFC Playoff games.

Leave a comment:

• ludo21
    replied
    This will be a fun thread to keep up with all the changes before game time.

Leave a comment:

• 24champ
    replied
    When I lived in Denver, one time the forecast predicted 40 degrees and partly cloudy in the afternoon. Turned out to be 28 degrees and about 3 inches of snow.

Leave a comment:

• enjolras
    replied
    Originally posted by edog24 View Post
    They f'd today up much less three days out. It's cold and bitter today and it was supposed to be mid 50's.
    It was most definitely sunny and at least near 50 downtown today.

Leave a comment:

• CHEF LUIGI
    replied
    PFM's balls look good.
    best they have looked all season.
    PFM is getting healthy at just the right time...
    to hand the ball off and run even more !

Leave a comment:

• ZONA
    replied
    Originally posted by errand View Post
    Gi

No what? Are you claiming he has not been putting a little more velocity on the ball?

Or are you trying to claim that because his ankles are healing he's able to put more velocity on the ball?

I don't understand why you're saying no if that is the case..... regardless of why he's throwing with more velocity does not mean he is not throwing with more velocity.
    I don't know what he meant either but it's more then just healed up ankles. His passes these past 3 or 4 weeks have had some nice zip and the spirals are tighter. It's most likely a combination of several things. The extra rest by not throwing on Wed has helped keep him fresh, the ankles are healing up, I think he's finally getting really used to that glove, and it's been almost 2 full years now he's been here so I think those nerves are coming back and he can squeeze the ball harder and has more feeling. His ankles felt fine at the start of the season and he was fresh but his passes lately look much better. It was common to see his long balls float (ugh, that didn't sound right) but now they are tighter spirals so there's something going on with the hand IMO which is allowing him to throw better.

Klis thinks it's mostly the glove.

Is it just me or since the Kansas City game, do Peyton Manning's passes have a lot more zip and next to no wobble?
    --Ryon, Gallup, N.M.

It's The Glove! I do believe Manning throws a slightly tighter spiral with The Glove than he does without it. I believe it has a chance to be a game-changer for him in regard to cold weather and the postseason.
    Last edited by ZONA; 01-02-2014, 10:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CHEF LUIGI
    replied
    reenbay is going to be bona fide cold.
    HFA packers.
    weather + rogers = victory for packers.

Leave a comment:

• errand
    replied
    Gi
    Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
    No... His ankles have been healing.
    No what? Are you claiming he has not been putting a little more velocity on the ball?

Or are you trying to claim that because his ankles are healing he's able to put more velocity on the ball?

I don't understand why you're saying no if that is the case..... regardless of why he's throwing with more velocity does not mean he is not throwing with more velocity.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanatic
    replied
    I've noticed that ever since the NE game when his ability to throw the ball in cold weather came under fire, that Manning has been putting a little pepper on his fastballs.
    In that case....I've noticed he can't throw a ball in any weather. Nor can he do it multiple times...even against good defenses....

/mojo

Leave a comment:

• Punisher
    replied
    ****ing Bitch Thread

Leave a comment:

• broncosteven
    replied
    I've noticed that ever since the NE game when his ability to throw the ball in cold weather came under fire, that Manning has been putting a little pepper on his fastballs.
    I noticed during that game when we needed a TD to force a tie in the 4th quarter Manning put some pepper on his fastball and threw the TD to tie against the wind. I also noticed that Collingsworthless and Al didn't mention it at all.

Once he had time to throw and his WR's were open he was able to put together a big time drive with the game on the line.

Leave a comment:

• errand
    replied

Leave a comment:

• broncosteven
    replied
    Oh Noes!

Wind and cold = only 4TD's instead of 7!

Leave a comment:

• OBF1
    replied
    I am laughing my ass off at the original post. Lived in Colorado for years and the forecasters were wrong more times than they were right, Only job where you can fail on a daily basis and still have a job tomorrow, Well besides being a politician.

I am guessing the weather forecasters have been hitting up the local pot stores before work.

Leave a comment:

• mennonite
    replied
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lSPNQ82Sq4E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Leave a comment:

Working...
X