Praise PFM, Pass the ammunition!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Praise PFM, Pass the ammunition!

I'm sure I'm not the only Bronco fan surrounded by HATERS!?!

In order to silence some of these ESPN-experts I have a stat request for anyone with a lil time to spare:
    Denver's defence ranks close to last in many categories, can ANYONE tell me where they rank in the first half if games?
    Reason being, we all know how dominant PFM has been early...

This is not a full analysis of what you want. I don't have that kind of time yet, but for your information here is the first half of every game played and what the opponents scored:

1. Bal - 17pts
    2. NYG - 9
    3. Oak - 7
    4. Phi - 13
    5. Dal - 20
    6. Jac - 12
    7. Indy - 26
    8. Was - 7
    9. BYE
    10. SD - 6
    11. KC - 10
    12. NE - 0
    13 KC - 21
    14. Ten - 21
    15. SD - 17
    16. Oak - 0

Total first half points against: 186

Now, if my math is correct, it appears to me that total points allowed by the Broncos was 398 points (308 points from TDs and PAT; 14 from pick 6s + PATs; 7 from a kickoff return and PAT; and 69 from FGs).

47% of all points scored against us came in the first half. That seems too close to 50% to make a strong argument in our D's favor.

Comment

our D stinks for a multitude of reasons, starting with injuries.
      stat that.

Comment

Also, a different thread title might get more people responding, since you're really looking for quality info on our D's performance from each half based on people trying to keep up with the offense. Current title looks like it will just be Peyton info.

Comment

The defense isn't very good, but here are a few categories where they don't stink:

Yards allowed per game: 19th (356.0)
          3rd down %: 17th
          Penalties: 14th
          Penalty yards: 13th
          Sacks: Tied 13th
          INTs: Tied 12th
          Rushing Yards allowed: 8th
          Forced Fumbles: Tied 6th (but 20th in Fumbles Recovered)

Comment

I feel our D has been average at best. I think Manning being able to open it up on opposing teams and the D going Conservative (while also still being average overall) in many 4th quarters has pushed the D stats a few spots lower.

My guess would be that if you find a good way to get the numbers and crunch them: the D would be 15-20% better statistically if our offense was ranked 16th overall in scoring.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dude View Post
              The defense isn't very good, but here are a few categories where they don't stink:

That's a bummer, hopefully we get that trend equalized in the playoffs. Would be huge.

Comment

The Broncos Defense is 14th in efficiency.

That includes a complete turnover of 9 out of 11 starters, and several major injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dude View Post

The offense gets some credit for those stats. The opponent won't run the ball when they are trying to catch up, and it gives our defense more pass plays and chances for sacks and INTs.

Comment

Thanks!

Anyone know our yardage allowed by quarter?

Comment

Originally posted by Arkie View Post
                      The offense gets some credit for those stats. The opponent won't run the ball when they are trying to catch up, and it gives our defense more pass plays and chances for sacks and INTs.
                      I agree, although it's kind of a two way street. The more points our offense puts up, the more the other team tends to pass and the more overall possessions and plays both teams get.

I haven't looked it up, but Cold Hard Football Facts had an article the other day that said there was a striking similarity between the numbers for Denver's D this year and the Pats D in 2007 when their offense posted the previous scoring record.

Comment

Broncos defense is 15th in yds/drive, 19th in points/drive, and 18th in TO/drive. With their offense they are #1 in net pts/drive, net yds/drive, and net DSR (% of series resulting in first down or TD). So the more drives there are in a game (which the Broncis also lead the league in), the Broncis have the best chance of any team in the league to win.

In other words, statistically the Broncos are the best overall team in the league. People that don't look at per drive statistics don't know this.

Comment

Using Denver's defense to silence anyone is laughable. Better off keeping you mouth closed on this one.

Comment

sadly I got the little ditty on the dixie chicks with this thread.

Comment

This will probably help you out a lot: Split Statistics

Also, not sure if you'll get different info, but I've always loved pro-football-reference for any stats: p-f-r splits page
                              Last edited by Broncobiv; 01-02-2014, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X