X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bears signed Cutler to a 7yr deal

WOW - 7 years

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...year-contract/

The Bears were always Cutler's favorite team. If I were a professional football player, playing for the Broncos, I would want to stay where I was. Good for him...

Comment

Comment

Id like to see the bears record if he actually goes a season without getting hurt.

McCown is now the new Flynn(a better one) this offseason.

Comment

Ends all the speculation very early.

I hate when that happens.

Comment

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthr...54#post4013154

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
              Id like to see the bears record if he actually goes a season without getting hurt.

McCown is now the new Flynn(a better one) this offseason.
              Nah, McCown is like 35 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
                Nah, McCown is like 35 years old.
                Oh I thought he was a little younger. I wouldn't be surprised if a teams reaches for him to start though.

Comment

Originally posted by i4jelway7 View Post
                  WOW - 7 years
                  The years in NFL contracts are often misleading. There will be a guarenteed amount of $ but the years will not be guaranteed.

Comment

Alternate headline "Bears will, maybe, make the playoffs once or so in the next 7 years"

Comment

poor bears. Guess we know their fate in the short and medium term.

Comment

I get it from both sides. Chicago isn't going to be able to get a better QB and Cutler wants to stay in a spot he likes and gets paid decent (assuming it is a decent pay day, but not Flacco like). That doesn't mean it will ever amount to anything. Cutler is like Stafford in the sense that he has all the physical talent in the world (dude could probably run some option plays successfully), but doesn't take to coaching. Yo Cutler, coaching often looks like criticism, but it isn't, they are trying to make you better. You do want to be better than 112 INT's already don't you?

Comment

18M a year. The new going rate for starters in the league.

Comment

Comment

I like Cutler, and what I used to think was his potential... But he doesn't seem to have the same kind of fire in the belly that an Elway, Marino, Manning, Brady, and hell, even Phillip Rivers has. I think it ultimately hurts his team.

Comment

Working...
                              X