Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Absence of buzz for Shanahan may not bode well for the future

Absence of buzz for Shanahan may not bode well for the future

Last year, the Eagles fired coach Andy Reid. And Andy Reid quickly became a hot commodity for the other vacancies.

This year, the Redskins have fired coach Mike Shanahan. And as the list of potential candidates continues to grow, Shanahan’s name hasn’t been mentioned once. By anyone. Anywhere.

The Texans made it clear via media leaks that they weren’t interested in Shanahan before Shanahan was fired. The Browns, Vikings, Lions, and Buccaneers have shown no interest whatsoever.

If other teams have no interest immediately in Shanahan, there’s a chance there never will be any interest in Shanahanat least not enough to result in Shanahan once again becoming a head coach.

Read more at

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ry/rumor-mill/

-------------------------

But but but Snyder!!!

I wonder if he has any interest in coaching CU or CSU or if they have any interest in him? I give him about a 5% chance of ever being a HC in the NFL again. How many coaches besides Norv have been fired thrice and come back?

Where is his hometown btw or where will he reside if he leaves football?

Comment

Shanadone

Comment

If Detroit was smart, they would look at him. He could make that offense great. There is talk of them trying to hire Tom Cable.... That's a joke if serious. Minnesota would also be a great fit with Adrian Peterson. That being said, I think he's pretty close to being done.

Comment

Originally posted by bpc View Post
          If Detroit was smart, they would look at him. He could make that offense great. There is talk of them trying to hire Tom Cable.... That's a joke if serious. Minnesota would also be a great fit with Adrian Peterson. That being said, I think he's pretty close to being done.
          On paper I'd agree with you. But only if he would come in to fix that offense. Thing is Shanahan would want to come in and meddle with the Defense too. That's when he'll efff things up. :/

Comment

Shanny laughing all the way to the bank.

Comment

Shanny comes with the baggage of wanting his kid to be offensive coordinator.

Comment

Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
                it just wont be the first nat'l bank of canton.

Comment

You bet he is. He milked the **** out of that skins deal. Good for shanny. I thought the game had passed him by after 2005. He made another 10+ million and maybe paid off his insane mansion.

Somehow the dude is getting $50 a steak here. http://www.shanahanssteakhouse.com/menu/

He's getting older. If I'm shanny I'm thinking fishing in Alaska, kicking it on the beaches of Kauai, and bowling in my own basement.

Comment

Originally posted by cutthemdown View Post
                    Shanny comes with the baggage of NEEDING his kid to be offensive coordinator.
                    just made your post more accurate.

Comment

I'd think about hiring Shanny as a HC but it'd come with some serious strings attached (for example he does not have final say on the coaching staff nor the players). If he could live with these stipulations then I'd consider hiring him.

Comment

I'd think about hiring Shanny as a HC but it'd come with some serious strings attached (for example he does not have final say on the coaching staff nor the players). If he could live with these stipulations then I'd consider hiring him.
                        I'm pretty sure he would simply retire before accepting those terms. And if he did accept them, it would be out of desperation and would not end well. The ensuing power struggles would be epically hilarious to watch though.

Comment

If I'm Bill Belichick, and I lose McDaniels to another team, Shanahan is my offensive coordinator at any cost.

Comment

I'm not even sure why people still believe in any of his coaching. His offensive style is dated in todays NFL. That zone blocking/bootleg offense is done.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                              If I'm Bill Belichick, and I lose McDaniels to another team, Shanahan is my offensive coordinator at any cost.
                              Shanahan would be a HORRIBLE OC for Brady and the Patriots.

Comment

Working...
                              X