Houston Texans Hire Bill O'Brien

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houston Texans Hire Bill O'Brien

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Filed to ESPN from me and <a href="https://twitter.com/mortreport">@mortreport</a>: Bill O&#39;Brien has reached agreement to become the new head coach of the Houston Texans, per sources.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/statuses/418218555067224064">January 1, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Basically another offensive guru...but they're hiring a real guru this time...

No surprise here he was pegged all along. Everyone around him thought he's more an NFL guy than college

Comment

Hopefully PSU will take Schiano instead of Golden.

Comment

When are people going to realize that hiring Belichick assistants is a very bad idea?

Comment

It shouldn't be called the belchick tree but rather the tom Brady tree

Comment

Why was he so in demand?

Comment

What about the ludicrous Rooney rule? Or did they finally do away with that charade?

Comment

Originally posted by kappys View Post
                What about the ludicrous Rooney rule? Or did they finally do away with that charade?
                rooney rule?! did they even have a interview process.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBronco View Post
                  Hopefully PSU will take Schiano instead of Golden.
                  As a B1G fan I want Franklin or Golden there. Schiano is a little bitch and a .500 or worse coach.
                  The B1G needs to get better.

Comment

They interviewed Lovie Smith a couple weeks ago I'm pretty sure. Smith will turn out to be the Rooney Rule guy this year I can see it already.

Comment

Originally posted by KipCorrington25 View Post
                      They interviewed Lovie Smith a couple weeks ago I'm pretty sure. Smith will turn out to be the Rooney Rule guy this year I can see it already.
                      Lovie is thought to be the favorite for TB.

I agree that the others were using him to comply with the Rooney Rule, though.

Comment

Lovie Smith is a good coach. Not sure why a team like Cleveland isn't interested in him.

Comment

Originally posted by extralife View Post
                          Lovie Smith is a good coach. Not sure why a team like Cleveland isn't interested in him.
                          Look at who they're targeting. They want an offensive coach. Plus their D would not do well in a Tampa 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Lestat View Post
                            Look at who they're targeting. They want an offensive coach. Plus their D would not do well in a Tampa 2.
                            they're also interested in the cardinals D coordinator, unless that's just rooney rule smoke screen.

Comment

Who in their right mind would want to be the HC in Cleveland. You don't even get 2 years to build a team there anymore. It's 1 and done.

Comment

Working...
                              X