Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dear Front Office of the Denver Broncos...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

amazing how alleged fans of a 13-3 team that set all kinds of offensive records wants the coaches who helped the team do so fired and replaced by coaches from a team that went 3-13

Comment

Originally posted by errand View Post
      amazing how alleged fans of a 13-3 team that set all kinds of offensive records wants the coaches who helped the team do so fired and replaced by coaches from a team that went 3-13
      I know, right?

Pretty sure Elway rolled his eyes when he saw this.

Comment

Originally posted by Lestat View Post
        So it's Stud's fault that Moreno decided to be a jackass and a overall immature brat until the coaches gave him a final chance?

Part of development is coaching, part of it is the individual being mature enough to develop as a person.

So when Tatum Bell did great and then fell off was that his fault or Turner's?
        When Detron Smith, Lt Levine, Curtis Alexander, Chris Howard, Quentin Griffin, Ahmaad Galloway, Maurice Clarett, Ryan Torain never did **** in the pros is it their fault or is it Turner's?
        Nice list. First D Smith was a FB. Second, Torain never was healthy (However when he was he did very well.). Same with Q. Levine, A;exander and Howard came at a time when we had TD. Galloway was when we hade Mike Anderson. And didn't make it out of TC. So like I said Clarett was the one bad pick. He's not perfect. Who is?

Comment

If you think Maurice Clarett busted due to poor coaching you're as smart as he was.

Comment

Originally posted by Shananahan View Post
            If you think Maurice Clarett busted due to poor coaching you're as smart as he was.
            If we are putting coaching under a large tent including the behavoir of the player, then yes. Which I believe is part of a coaches job. To properly motivate players into getting the most and best out of them. Most of the time money and glory is enough. Some other people that isn't enough.

Comment

Originally posted by errand View Post
              Some people on this board have been in a coma since 1999 apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
                If we are putting coaching under a large tent including the behavoir of the player, then yes. Which I believe is part of a coaches job. To properly motivate players into getting the most and best out of them. Most of the time money and glory is enough. Some other people that isn't enough.
                Don't be an idiot. Clarett was a talent-based gamble, and the coaching staff knew it when they drafted him. Turner had been close with him for years prior and wanted to give him a chance/save him.

The kid was drinking Grey Goose vodka out of his water bottle during practice. If you think there was any way for a position coach to handle somebody like that without drastically deviating from the regular routine or affecting the rest of the team then you should probably take up coaching yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
                  Nice list. First D Smith was a FB. Second, Torain never was healthy (However when he was he did very well.). Same with Q. Levine, A;exander and Howard came at a time when we had TD. Galloway was when we hade Mike Anderson. And didn't make it out of TC. So like I said Clarett was the one bad pick. He's not perfect. Who is?
                  So your claim is that Turner is excused for not developing those players during the years of TD,Gary and Anderson? So one good or better back and nothing else is ok but Studesville needs to be replaced by Turner when he's going Moreno and Ball working on all cylinders and working on Hillman?

Comment

One can be a Broncos fan and still be critical of parts of the organization -- too many fan police on the Mane these days! And just because a team is 13-3 doesn't mean you shouldn't change anything.

For the last few years, our running backs have been very slow to develop (took Knowshon 5 years, Hillman at least 2 if not more, and Ball has looked shaky for much of the season). That, plus the fumbling problems from all three AND from McGahee previously would lead most impartial observers to conclude that there is ineffective coaching going on at the running back position.

I'm not saying that we SHOULD replace Studesville -- just that if Bobby Turner were receptive to coming back to Denver, the FO should seriously consider it.

Comment

The way Ball and Moreno have been running does not need to be messed with. Yet another stupid thread by a Bronco fan who can't let go of the past.

Comment

But the question is, can Turner break off 2K in our system?

Comment

Originally posted by Miss I. View Post
                          But the question is, can Turner break off 2K in our system?
                          Sure, if Manning retires.

Comment

I can not understand the thinking of Washington coaches when throughout the year they would take out Morris every time they got in the redzone. Morris would boss it down the field. Take him out. Helo jr would **** up with a dropped pass, missed block, no gain runs. Etc etc. was stupid to see that happen time and time again

Comment

Originally posted by Shananahan View Post
                              Don't be an idiot. Clarett was a talent-based gamble, and the coaching staff knew it when they drafted him. Turner had been close with him for years prior and wanted to give him a chance/save him.

The kid was drinking Grey Goose vodka out of his water bottle during practice. If you think there was any way for a position coach to handle somebody like that without drastically deviating from the regular routine or affecting the rest of the team then you should probably take up coaching yourself.
                              For the this argument yes. In real life no. Of course what clarett was all on him. But for this I'm arguing a larger point that Moreno's turn around wasn't due to Studesville as much as due to Moreno himself.

As for coaching. How many times have you heard coaches refer to coaching as teaching. I'm a teacher. So yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by Lestat View Post
                                So your claim is that Turner is excused for not developing those players during the years of TD,Gary and Anderson? So one good or better back and nothing else is ok but Studesville needs to be replaced by Turner when he's going Moreno and Ball working on all cylinders and working on Hillman?
                                Don't forget Portis and Droughns. Turner had an almost unbroken string of 1000yard rushers through 14 years with the Broncos plus he does it with low round picks. Now you say he does this with only "zbs". However I contend that even in that system they have power blocking plays and Turner has been successful with that as well. You can say I'm trying to "get the old gang back together". I say just look at his resent success with the skins. And please note I didn't want rick dennison back. Yes he's a good o-line coach in terms of the run game but his pass block schemes don't work without the "zbs" play action behind it.

Comment

Working...
                                X