Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dear Front Office of the Denver Broncos...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
    I buy into the saying "either you're getting better or you're getting worse. If you're staying the same, you're just getting worse." This is about getting better. You want to stay the same.
    by the logic of this post, why doesn't every team turn their coaching staffs over on an annual basis?

as for the bolded cliche, there are hundreds of cliches that can be applied. One of which can be if it isn't broke, don't fix try to fix it.

Honestly, I think it's more complex than either of those cliches. but again, I'd like to see Denver retain Studes.

Comment

If Bobby Turner is open to coming here, it's a no brainer.

Comment

Eric Studesville is our RB coach and should be our RB until he either retires, gets promoted to a bigger gig or can't produce RB's any more.

He has helped Moreno revamp his game and develop into a key cog of our offense. Ball is progressing nicely over the 2nd half and he is beginning to get over his early fumbling problems, something that Eric showed and explained to him(Montee didn't think he was carrying the ball improperly due to his Wisconsin days and not fumbling).
        Hillman is a work in progress and so is Anderson but they show promise.

Turner is good no doubt. But his experience is almost exclusively in a ZBS and getting RB's who are great in that role.
        I love Bobby Turner but I would not sacrifice Stud for him.

Comment

If the coaches want to fire Studdesville, I trust them to do so. Montee Ball and Moreno have both played their best football under this coaching staff, so I don't believe this is necessary, even though I think Turner would be an upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
            If the coaches want to fire Studdesville, I trust them to do so. Montee Ball and Moreno have both played their best football under this coaching staff, so I don't believe this is necessary, even though I think Turner would be an upgrade.
            I don't know… I think Montee Ball's best football was in 2011. But, if you mean his best NFL football, then, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Lestat View Post
              Eric Studesville is our RB coach and should be our RB until he either retires, gets promoted to a bigger gig or can't produce RB's any more.

He has helped Moreno revamp his game and develop into a key cog of our offense. Ball is progressing nicely over the 2nd half and he is beginning to get over his early fumbling problems, something that Eric showed and explained to him(Montee didn't think he was carrying the ball improperly due to his Wisconsin days and not fumbling).
              Hillman is a work in progress and so is Anderson but they show promise.

Turner is good no doubt. But his experience is almost exclusively in a ZBS and getting RB's who are great in that role.
              I love Bobby Turner but I would not sacrifice Stud for him.
              Originally posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
              by the logic of this post, why doesn't every team turn their coaching staffs over on an annual basis?

as for the bolded cliche, there are hundreds of cliches that can be applied. One of which can be if it isn't broke, don't fix try to fix it.

Honestly, I think it's more complex than either of those cliches. but again, I'd like to see Denver retain Studes.

@Broncosfanguy: very true. However, I'm not saying that Studesville is broken or our system is broken. I want to improve a part of the staff. I take more of a micro view of things, in that all parts work independently. You have more of a macro view, in that all parts work dependently on each other. It could work either way.

@Lesat: keeping Studesville out of loyalty makes no sense to me. This is a business. I have nothing against Studesville. I want to make the Broncos better and win Super Bowls. However, Turner being an only "zbs" RB is a little false just like its a little false that all Shanahan ran was "zbs" plays. Now Turner isn't perfect, see Cleatte pick. But the list of his successes is way longer with less valuable picks.

Comment

the RB position is not a weakness on the team. I'm not sure what the point would be to bump off Studs for Turner.

But it does sound like something Shanny would do

Comment

Yo folks, Moreno was 5th this year in yards from scrimmage. Not to shabby. I would say that Studs is doing a fine job.

Comment

. I'm not serious here. It's me playing a little fantasy GM here. I have nothing against Studesville. But on a serious note Turner is a better RBC than Studesville.

Comment

I want Kyle he looks cuter than Bobby

Comment

@Broncosfanguy: very true. However, I'm not saying that Studesville is broken or our system is broken. I want to improve a part of the staff. I take more of a micro view of things, in that all parts work independently. You have more of a macro view, in that all parts work dependently on each other. It could work either way.

@Lesat: keeping Studesville out of loyalty makes no sense to me. This is a business. I have nothing against Studesville. I want to make the Broncos better and win Super Bowls. However, Turner being an only "zbs" RB is a little false just like its a little false that all Shanahan ran was "zbs" plays. Now Turner isn't perfect, see Cleatte pick. But the list of his successes is way longer with less valuable picks.
                        You misunderstand what I said. I am not talking about keeping him out of loyalty. I said he should be the RB coach because he is doing a heck of a job and there is no reason to replace him.
                        I didn't say he was only a ZBS coach. I said his experience is mostly as a ZBS RB coach and he grabs RB's who fit that. Which is 100% true.

Since 95 Turner has worked for one year away from Shanahan.
                        All those years under Shanahan were ZBS coached OL's and RB's.
                        So where am I wrong in stating that he is almost exclusively a ZBS RB coach?

Studesville developed Tiki Barber into one of the better backs in the NFL during his time with the Giants, he developed McGahee,Lynch and Jackson with the Bills. He Developed Moreno for us. He's working on Ball,Hillman and Anderson.

Comment

Now that Shanahan and his staff has been fired...........I want Bobby Turn back as our Running backs coach! The guy has a great tradition of turning late round and undrafted college free agents into all pro backs in the NFL. That is all.
                          and they all said AMEN

Comment

Originally posted by Lestat View Post
                            You misunderstand what I said. I am not talking about keeping him out of loyalty. I said he should be the RB coach because he is doing a heck of a job and there is no reason to replace him.
                            I didn't say he was only a ZBS coach. I said his experience is mostly as a ZBS RB coach and he grabs RB's who fit that. Which is 100% true.

Since 95 Turner has worked for one year away from Shanahan.
                            All those years under Shanahan were ZBS coached OL's and RB's.
                            So where am I wrong in stating that he is almost exclusively a ZBS RB coach?

Studesville developed Tiki Barber into one of the better backs in the NFL during his time with the Giants, he developed McGahee,Lynch and Jackson with the Bills. He Developed Moreno for us. He's working on Ball,Hillman and Anderson.
                            He's had three years and nothing happened until after he got benched for EIGHT games. Moreno's maturation has been due to Moreno's own efforts. If Studesville had anything to do with making Moreno better it would have been done in 1-2 years, not three years and a benching and sitting out an entire preseason while the team looks to see if a rookie or 180 lbs scat back take over as roll of starting running back.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Bronco View Post
                              Yo folks, Moreno was 5th this year in yards from scrimmage. Not to shabby. I would say that Studs is doing a fine job.
                              Yeah, that's kind of a big deal. Considering Studes history with the team and in the NFL, don't try to fix it til it's broken.

Comment

He's had three years and nothing happened until after he got benched for EIGHT games. Moreno's maturation has been due to Moreno's own efforts. If Studesville had anything to do with making Moreno better it would have been done in 1-2 years, not three years and a benching and sitting out an entire preseason while the team looks to see if a rookie or 180 lbs scat back take over as roll of starting running back.
                                So it's Stud's fault that Moreno decided to be a jackass and a overall immature brat until the coaches gave him a final chance?

Part of development is coaching, part of it is the individual being mature enough to develop as a person.

So when Tatum Bell did great and then fell off was that his fault or Turner's?
                                When Detron Smith, Lt Levine, Curtis Alexander, Chris Howard, Quentin Griffin, Ahmaad Galloway, Maurice Clarett, Ryan Torain never did **** in the pros is it their fault or is it Turner's?

Comment

Working...
                                X