Jack Del Rio and Adam Gase, on Vikings' radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ziggy View Post
    No, he was the Vikings defensive coordinator before taking the reigns as head coach in Pittsburgh.
    Damn I thought he was in house but you are right.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
      Same team.
      Tomlin was the Vikings DC before getting hired in Pitt.

Comment

Originally posted by swaiy View Post
        Lol just out of curiosity, how do you some of you know a person isnt ready to coach?
        Easy, you can see it in their eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by pricejj View Post
          Easy, you can see it in their eyes....while they are running a 40

fyp

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
            Has the hiring of the hot OC/DC from another team as a first-time head coach ever worked out?

This is the most retarded statement I've ever read on a message board. I give up trying to talk to you fools.

Comment

Originally posted by ATL-Eric View Post
              Whatever the **** he wants. Going strictly by resume Kubiak is the most qualified coordinator or head coaching candidate available today. Kubiak was coaching Steve Young to the mvp when Adam Gase was still ****ting his pants.
              I'm not going to get in the middle of a chest beating contest, but you've watched Texans football recently, yes? Kubiak is still working the same zone stretch / bootleg / West Coast concepts that he ran previously in Denver. Do you feel like that is a good fit for an aging Manning with busted ankles and a duct taped neck? I think we have seen that the best attributes of our current OC's have been "open-mindedness" and "creativity." Both McCoy and Gase have been willing to leave their egos at the door and learn from Manning, in order to synthesize a new system. Kubiak seems to still believe in his system, that might be a difficult union.

Comment

Originally posted by pricejj View Post
                Easy, you can see it in their eyes.
                There's a gleam, men...a gleam!

Comment

Let me make it easier on you. Mike Tomlin.
                  John Fox too

Comment

Tom Landry and Chuck Noll come to mind.
                    Vince Lombardi was ok

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
                      Case not made. And John Gruden didn't win shiat with the Raiders but you can't really blame him.
                      So what is success? Both scenarios each team was a contender.

Comment

• Originally posted by cmhargrove View Post
                        I'm not going to get in the middle of a chest beating contest, but you've watched Texans football recently, yes? Kubiak is still working the same zone stretch / bootleg / West Coast concepts that he ran previously in Denver. Do you feel like that is a good fit for an aging Manning with busted ankles and a duct taped neck? I think we have seen that the best attributes of our current OC's have been "open-mindedness" and "creativity." Both McCoy and Gase have been willing to leave their egos at the door and learn from Manning, in order to synthesize a new system. Kubiak seems to still believe in his system, that might be a difficult union.
                        It's first worth noting that Kubiak's tenure in Houston was not a failure. Anytime an NFL coach can stay with the same team for 8 season its an accomplishment. The Texans played very poorly this season but they won the South the 2 years prior and they would have won more had they not had to beat out Peyton and the Colts every year. Not to mention that Kubes never had a legitimate franchise QB in Houston.

Look. Kubiak is the Hillary Clinton of all the available coaches. If youre going strictly by resume, he's clearly the most qualified. And dont say guys like Gruden or Cowher are better because when youre out of the game that long it effects you.

As far as Gase and Peyton gelling well, let me ask you, what Coordinator has Peyton not gelled well with? Going back to High School, Peyton has never had a down year except for his rookie season. He had a 39-6 record at Tennessee.

To think that Kubiak would come in and sidetrack Peyton is ridiculous. Just ridiculous. If anything he'd be just one more professor Peyton could learn and take a few things from and get even better. Kubiak has stuck with the West Coast offense because it has always worked. He did the best he could imo with what he had to work with. Name me a better QB coach right now then Gary Kubiak? Schaub should be thanking his luck stars every day that he got to play for Kubes. Because the 3rd rounder wouldnt have been **** without him.
                        Last edited by ATL-Eric; 12-31-2013, 10:31 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATL-Eric View Post

To think that Kubiak would come in and sidetrack Peyton is ridiculous. Just ridiculous. If anything he'd be just one more professor Peyton could learn and take a few things from and get even better. Kubiak has stuck with the West Coast offense because it has always worked. He did the best he could imo with what he had to work with. Name me a better QB coach right now then Gary Kubiak? Schaub should be thanking his luck stars every day that he got to play for Kubes. Because the 3rd rounder wouldnt have been **** without him.
                          There was an article in ESPN the Mag a couple of years ago that detailed the Texans and it was pretty apparent Kubiak didn't spend a lot of time with Schaub. He was to busy doing all the other stuff the head coach needs to do. Schaub was primary coached up by Greg Knapp (on Denver staff now), and Rich Dennison. Before that it was Kyle Shanahan that had the lead. I think Kubiak is very good coach, but I don't see him taking an OC job, he will be HC if he decides to coach this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by elsid13 View Post
                            There was an article in ESPN the Mag a couple of years ago that detailed the Texans and it was pretty apparent Kubiak didn't spend a lot of time with Schaub. He was to busy doing all the other stuff the head coach needs to do. Schaub was primary coached up by Greg Knapp (on Denver staff now), and Rich Dennison. Before that it was Kyle Shanahan that had the lead. I think Kubiak is very good coach, but I don't see him taking an OC job, he will be HC if he decides to coach this year.

Maybe he misses the one on one instruction with QBs then. Maybe he'll want to come in and learn a few things from Peyton? Idk. I know that John Fox is the one that hires the OC not Elway tho. I could see Kubiak coming in as a consultant next spring if he doesnt get an HC job. Gase is staying.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATL-Eric View Post
                              It's first worth noting that Kubiak's tenure in Houston was not a failure. Anytime an NFL coach can stay with the same team for 8 season its an accomplishment. The Texans played very poorly this season but they won the South the 2 years prior and they would have won more had they not had to beat out Peyton and the Colts every year. Not to mention that Kubes never had a legitimate franchise QB in Houston.

Look. Kubiak is the Hillary Clinton of all the available coaches. If youre going strictly by resume, he's clearly the most qualified. And dont say guys like Gruden or Cowher are better because when youre out of the game that long it effects you.

As far as Gase and Peyton gelling well, let me ask you, what Coordinator has Peyton not gelled well with? Going back to High School, Peyton has never had a down year except for his rookie season. He had a 39-6 record at Tennessee.

"What difference, at this point, does it matter!?"

Comment

Working...
                              X