Jack Del Rio and Adam Gase, on Vikings' radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
    Has the hiring of the hot OC/DC from another team as a first-time head coach ever worked out?
    Gary Kubiak

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
      Gary Kubiak
      Case not made. And John Gruden didn't win shiat with the Raiders but you can't really blame him.

Comment

Originally posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
        Quoting myself from the other thread (because I'm on a roll right now - 1 in a row!!!)
        You need to change your user name to ColoradoMediator.

Comment

Lol just out of curiosity, how do you some of you know a person isnt ready to coach?

Comment

Originally posted by swaiy View Post
            Lol just out of curiosity, how do you some of you know a person isnt ready to coach?
            Applied history.

Comment

Applied history.
              I was being facetitious heh.

Comment

Has the hiring of the hot OC/DC from another team as a first-time head coach ever worked out?
                Tom Landry and Chuck Noll come to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Ziggy View Post
                  Tom Landry and Chuck Noll come to mind.
                  Lol. My frame of reference includes only the years I have been alive and old enough to remember.

Comment

JDR would make all kinds of sense to me. Adam Gase, not so much. Prior head coaching experience seems to be a better predictor of success.
                    Agreed.... but is JDR's experience with Jax translate over to Denver (if he's the guy who takes over after Fox).

It's all irrelevant, anyway. Both will likely be head coaches before Fox retires.

I kinda like promoting from within... maybe Studes is a possible future candidate for HC.

Comment

Lol. My frame of reference includes only the years I have been alive and old enough to remember.
                      Let me make it easier on you. Mike Tomlin.

Comment

Originally posted by Swedish Extrovert View Post
                        Agreed.... but is JDR's experience with Jax translate over to Denver (if he's the guy who takes over after Fox).

It's all irrelevant, anyway. Both will likely be head coaches before Fox retires.

I kinda like promoting from within... maybe Studes is a possible future candidate for HC.
                        Fox isn't going anywhere. But he's a decent example of a guy with previous HC experience getting a second chance and doing well. Better examples include Shannahan, Belichick, Coughlin, Dungie, and Gruden. John Harbaugh is the only guy I can think of off hand that went from another team's coordinator to SB winning head coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Ziggy View Post
                          Let me make it easier on you. Mike Tomlin.
                          Same team.

Comment

Gase would have to have brain damage to consider the Cleveland job.

Comment

Same team.
                              No, he was the Vikings defensive coordinator before taking the reigns as head coach in Pittsburgh.

Comment

Chuck Pagano,Ron Rivera,Rex Ryan,Mike Tomlin,Mike Smith,Mike McCarthy,Sean Payton,Marv Lewis,Lovie Smith,John Fox,Andy Reid,Bill Cowher.
                                You want me to go on?

Tomlin,McCarthy,Payton & Cowher all won super bowls.
                                Fox,L Smith & Reid all coached in one.

Comment

Working...
                                X