No announcement yet.

Jack Del Rio and Adam Gase, on Vikings' radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adam would be smart to stay one more year with Peyton. Win the second Superbowl and pick the team of his choice.

Comment

I think the browns didn't give chud enough time. If I was case I wouldn't do it

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
        Yep. Head coaches are only as good as their QB can take them. Belichick had a losing record before Brady. Dungy was fired in TB, gets Manning and wins a SB. Fox was 2-14 gets Manning and he's 13-3. McCarthy doesn't go to playoffs if Aaron Rogers doesn't play last game. These fired coaches have Weeden and Ponder.
        Spot on!

No stud QB....times just ticking!

Comment

Originally posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
          "But Gase, 35, doesn't want to get distracted from working with Manning and the Broncos on their chance for a special ending.

"I'm appreciative of the interest I've received, but I've decided to postpone any potential opportunities until after our season concludes," Gase said.

"My complete focus is helping our team prepare for our divisional playoff game."

Read more: Adam Gase turns down Cleveland Browns request; Broncos coordinator focused on playoffs - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...inquire-about-
          Ouch......your up JDR....what are you going to do?

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
            I think the browns didn't give chud enough time. If I was case I wouldn't do it
            I think the front office saw things that lead them to believe Chud was never going to get there.

Mike Martz said that he visited a Browns practice....and that there was a little area for media and that was the only place that media could view the team. Martz said, right there...I knew he had a lot to learn and that if he didn't change some things quickly he wasn't going to make it.

Comment

I don't want to lose either of these guys......but, we would fill the holes pretty quickly...and look at the talent just hit the streets. They may not have been great Head Coaches but they were amongst the best coordinators in the game before they were hired as HC's.

Comment

Originally posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
                "But Gase, 35, doesn't want to get distracted from working with Manning and the Broncos on their chance for a special ending.

"I'm appreciative of the interest I've received, but I've decided to postpone any potential opportunities until after our season concludes," Gase said.

"My complete focus is helping our team prepare for our divisional playoff game."

Read more: Adam Gase turns down Cleveland Browns request; Broncos coordinator focused on playoffs - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...inquire-about-
                Gase is staying. No one in their right mind would hire JDR for head coach right now.

Get the SuperBowl and go for the repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamrob View Post
                  I think the front office saw things that lead them to believe Chud was never going to get there.

Mike Martz said that he visited a Browns practice....and that there was a little area for media and that was the only place that media could view the team. Martz said, right there...I knew he had a lot to learn and that if he didn't change some things quickly he wasn't going to make it.
                  If Martz can see that plain as day then you know it's glaring.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamrob View Post
                    Ouch......your up JDR....what are you going to do?
                    C'mon man

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Minnesota and Cleveland now have asked for permission to interview Broncos OC Adam Gase, who has declined to interview until after season.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/statuses/417857819581218816">December 31, 2013</a></blockquote>
                      <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Rob View Post
                        Adam SchefterVerified account
                        ‏@AdamSchefter

Denver coordinators, Jack Del Rio and Adam Gase, on Vikings' radar, per sources. Del Rio played LB for Vikings, Minn has inquired about Gase
                        Adam Gase, really?
                        Wow!!!
                        I mean not to be disrespectful to Gase, but hr's not quite ready yet...
                        I mean, it's not like he's an offensive guru, sure it helps to have Manning as your QB, but Gase has a lot yet to prove in my opinion...

Comment

I like them both... but it's the downside to winning.

We need to pay Gase whatever. I have a feeling he's being groomed for next HC.

Comment

Has the hiring of the hot OC/DC from another team as a first-time head coach ever worked out?

Comment

JDR would make all kinds of sense to me. Adam Gase, not so much. Prior head coaching experience seems to be a better predictor of success.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
                                Has the hiring of the hot OC/DC from another team as a first-time head coach ever worked out?
                                John Gruden.

Comment

Working...
                                X