Jack Del Rio and Adam Gase, on Vikings' radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
    Except Knapp is historically a ****ty OC who's had to hop teams numerous times to keep that gig (but a good QB coach). Kind of like how some people are ****ty HC's but great OC/DC's.
    Judging any coach on his experience as a raider coach is usually not reality nor fair. His other stops have had more favorable outcomes, although admittedly nothing spectacular.

Look, I really don't care as, you know and I know, nobody gets that job that Peyton doesn't give his blessings to. If Peyton wants him, he gets him, if not, then someone else.

Comment

JDR is getting hype for HC jobs due to the defensive turnaround from last year and also because of the nice job he did as interim HC this year.
      I think it would have to be the right job and the right situation for him to leave though.

Gase is a guy who is beginning to be highly regarded in NFL circles now due to the work he's done with Manning. yes a lot of his success comes from Manning being an elite QB but even Manning credits him in many ways every time he talks about the offense and coaching staff.
      The way they are tied together and in sync is amazing.
      From the work he's done with Tebow and now with Manning he is a very good coach.
      I think him getting a HC gig is 2-3 years away from a perfect timing standpoint but the Broncos are a success and teams want a part of that. Allen for all the bitching about him is doing a nice job in Oakland considering the **** hole he went into.
      McCoy is doing work in SD and has them on the rise.
      Fox has a solid coaching tree. It should expand in the next 3-4 years.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
        to do what?
        Whatever the **** he wants. Going strictly by resume Kubiak is the most qualified coordinator or head coaching candidate available today. Kubiak was coaching Steve Young to the mvp when Adam Gase was still ****ting his pants.
        Last edited by ATL-Eric; 12-30-2013, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by peacepipe View Post
          what options are out there? Gase is as good or better than any other OC in consideration.
          Jay Gruden needs to be.

Comment

Originally posted by mennonite View Post
            Ken Whisenhunt
            him & norv turner have one thing in common. good OCs but not good HCs.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
              Jay Gruden needs to be.
              as I said, Gase is as good or better than any choice out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Bronco View Post
                That is what a lot of the people around here thought about the Fox hire at the time.
                Fox got Peyton Manning. JDR hasn't done anything particularly special as a defensive coordinator.

Comment

I can see JDR in Minn. He can sell them on creating a tough as nails team playing outside for a few years as in the glory days of the Viks. He is a former player for them as was Childress. He just needs to be smarter than he was in Jacksonville when picking his QB. Otherwise he did well as a HC IMO.

Comment

I don't understand the Adam Gase hype. I mean by all accounts he seems to be doing a great job here, our O has been even better this year than last. He has been with us for a few years in a number of positions, but only 1 year experience as coordinator. Didn't anyone learn from our debacle? Taking a hot young inexperienced OC right after a great season doesn't pan out well. Not to take anything away from Gase, but McDaniel's had like what 4 or 5 years of OC experience at least?

But I guess the browns have never been know to make great personnel decisions. Gotta say if I was a GM I would have to say Mcdanials>Gase at this point in their careers. Hopefully Josh would have learned from his mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Hartley View Post
                      I don't understand the Adam Gase hype. I mean by all accounts he seems to be doing a great job here, our O has been even better this year than last. He has been with us for a few years in a number of positions, but only 1 year experience as coordinator. Didn't anyone learn from our debacle? Taking a hot young inexperienced OC right after a great season doesn't pan out well. Not to take anything away from Gase, but McDaniel's had like what 4 or 5 years of OC experience at least?

But I guess the browns have never been know to make great personnel decisions. Gotta say if I was a GM I would have to say Mcdanials>Gase at this point in their careers. Hopefully Josh would have learned from his mistakes.
                      What they learned is that Denver is good and has good assistants. Other teams want a piece of that. Same with teams going after Seahawks and 49ers assistants. McCoy just led the Chargers to the playoffs and helped turn around Rivers career. Allen is doing a solid job in Oakland with both of his hands tied behind his back with a crappy payroll, 50 mil in dead money about to come off the books and no key draft picks to speak of due to the Palmer trade and the cutting of Wilson,Flynn and etc.

Comment

Originally posted by mennonite View Post
                        I'm not overly concerned with either of them leaving, honestly. Manning is the OC.

I still don't know what to think of JDR. I'm surprised that the Vikings think he has shown enough in Denver that they are willing to forget about his tenure in Jacksonville.
                        I agree. I think if Gase leaves, we could promote the shifty eyed water boy to OC, and if Manning stayed, the shifty eyed water boy would probably get headcoaching considerations the following year. Hahahaha

Comment

Denver Head Coach Factory

Comment

All I know is that I think, one day, if Peyton ever decided to coach, he would be a damn good one. His preparation and football knowledge is off the charts good. I know, if Gase leaves, let Manning be the QB and OC. Then when he retires from playing, he can just stay as the OC. I likes it, I likes it alot.

Comment

Originally posted by ZONA View Post
                              All I know is that I think, one day, if Peyton ever decided to coach, he would be a damn good one. His preparation and football knowledge is off the charts good. I know, if Gase leaves, let Manning be the QB and OC. Then when he retires from playing, he can just stay as the OC. I likes it, I likes it alot.
                              I think Manning will be an amazing exec but a horrible coach.
                              I agree with Dungy. He will expect too much from everyone and not be able to truly relate to them. As an exec he will be able to analyze things like crazy.

It would not shock me to see him move into the FO after he retires and be Elway's understudy. Of course, then the damn Colts will come knocking for him to be their new GM.

Comment

"But Gase, 35, doesn't want to get distracted from working with Manning and the Broncos on their chance for a special ending.

"I'm appreciative of the interest I've received, but I've decided to postpone any potential opportunities until after our season concludes," Gase said.

"My complete focus is helping our team prepare for our divisional playoff game."

Read more: Adam Gase turns down Cleveland Browns request; Broncos coordinator focused on playoffs - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...inquire-about-

Comment

Working...
                                X