Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jack Del Rio and Adam Gase, on Vikings' radar

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by yerner View Post
    I can't believe JDR gets another head coaching job. Talk about a no excitement hire for a fan base.
    Yeah, its hardly a splashy name. But it wouldnt be a bad hire for another team.

    I don't get Broncos fans hard-on for Kubiak or why he'd be a good fit for Peyton.

    Comment


    • #32
      I have a feeling that Gase will jerk the Browns chain, just to set his price and tell them no. Just a feeling. He's a smart guy, he probably knows he's a year or two away from being HC material. Besides, why leave Peyton for, who... Weeden?

      JDR is a much better candidate for HC, IMO. He filled in admirably for Fox during the most difficult stretch of the team's schedule, and has valuable experience. Make no mistake, NFL exec's were watching. Whether that is enough, idk.
      I would prefer he stays, but if he were to be offered a job with Detroit or Houston, it would be difficult to turn that down. Detroit is already playoff ready, and Houston is a QB away from being a contender.

      All that said, if JDR does get another HC job, I would be ok with bringing back Dennis Allen as DC. He may be available. Just saying...

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by yerner View Post
        I can't believe JDR gets another head coaching job. Talk about a no excitement hire for a fan base.
        That is what a lot of the people around here thought about the Fox hire at the time.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by yerner View Post
          I can't believe JDR gets another head coaching job. Talk about a no excitement hire for a fan base.
          Replace JDR with Fox and many were saying that a few years ago around here. He'd be a solid hire, bring stability to an organization that desperately needs it.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Mountain Bronco View Post
            That is what a lot of the people around here thought about the Fox hire at the time.
            Twice in 2 minutes - I must be getting slow. Have lost a step

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
              Yeah, its hardly a splashy name. But it wouldnt be a bad hire for another team.

              I don't get Broncos fans hard-on for Kubiak or why he'd be a good fit for Peyton.
              Agreed. Someone hiring JDR would be similar to when Elway hired Fox. Not exactly inspiring at the time, but in hindsight, the right hire for the circumstances and what was available.

              Also agree about Kubuak. While I would welcome him, I'm not too sure he is the right fit. Promoting Greg Knapp would make more sense if we have to replace Gase.

              Comment


              • #37
                If KC didn't already have a coach we could have had a division of Denver coaches. On a serious note though, I'd never take a HC job after being a OC for one year and being as young as Gase is. On top of that, the Browns HC gig is a **** hole that never ends good.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by R8R H8R View Post
                  Agreed. Someone hiring JDR would be similar to when Elway hired Fox. Not exactly inspiring at the time, but in hindsight, the right hire for the circumstances and what was available.

                  Also agree about Kubuak. While I would welcome him, I'm not too sure he is the right fit. Promoting Greg Knapp would make more sense if we have to replace Gase.
                  Originally posted by R8R H8R View Post
                  Agreed. Someone hiring JDR would be similar to when Elway hired Fox. Not exactly inspiring at the time, but in hindsight, the right hire for the circumstances and what was available.

                  Also agree about Kubuak. While I would welcome him, I'm not too sure he is the right fit. Promoting Greg Knapp would make more sense if we have to replace Gase.
                  Except Knapp is historically a ****ty OC who's had to hop teams numerous times to keep that gig (but a good QB coach). Kind of like how some people are ****ty HC's but great OC/DC's.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
                    Gase needs another year IMO. Teams are so quick for the new face.
                    If I were looking for a head coach, it wouldn't be Gase. His emergence is really because of Peyton Manning. What can he do without Manning?

                    I'd hate to be a fan and have my team hire him.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Ratboy View Post
                      If I were looking for a head coach, it wouldn't be Gase. His emergence is really because of Peyton Manning. What can he do without Manning?

                      I'd hate to be a fan and have my team hire him.
                      It's usually the ****ty or desperate teams that make that type of hire. We were desperate when we obtained Josh McDaniels after Brady carried him to the next level.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        what options are out there? Gase is as good or better than any other OC in consideration.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by peacepipe View Post
                          what options are out there? Gase is as good or better than any other OC in consideration.

                          Ken Whisenhunt

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Per source, Adam Gase has made it clear he&#39;d prefer to wait til after Denver&#39;s playoff run to interview for jobs. We&#39;ll see if that changes.</p>&mdash; Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) <a href="https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/statuses/417749952916230144">December 30, 2013</a></blockquote>
                            <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

                            Nice try Lombardi, too smart to fall for your Belichick subterfuge

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Gase needs at least one more year.

                              I'll say this though. Working for John Fox and the Broncos means you are going to get promoted. This is the opposite of the Belichick effect. If you coach here you'll get promoted and at least not totally suck balls like all of Bill's students. That's going to make this a destination location for good coaches who want to be coordinators or who were head coaches and want to rebuild their reputations and grow.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Dammit you NFL ****ers. You leave our coordinators alone. Stay the hell away from Gase.
                                Manning has said many times that McCoy and Gase were doing some things even he hadn't done and he was really excited about them.

                                He has credited Gase with a lot of his success with the Broncos.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X