X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack Del Rio and Adam Gase, on Vikings' radar

Adam SchefterVerified account
    ‏@AdamSchefter

Denver coordinators, Jack Del Rio and Adam Gase, on Vikings' radar, per sources. Del Rio played LB for Vikings, Minn has inquired about Gase

I don't think there's any way both of them are back, unless we win the Super Bowl and nobody wants to wait that long to get going with the new admin.

Comment

I'm not overly concerned with either of them leaving, honestly. Manning is the OC.

I still don't know what to think of JDR. I'm surprised that the Vikings think he has shown enough in Denver that they are willing to forget about his tenure in Jacksonville.

Comment

Originally posted by mennonite View Post
        I'm not overly concerned with either of them leaving, honestly. Manning is the OC.

I still don't know what to think of JDR. I'm surprised that the Vikings think he has shown enough in Denver that they are willing to forget about his tenure in Jacksonville.
        There's an awful lot of evidence to the contrary about Gase. Manning gives him a lot of respect, and he's been known to be pretty quick on his feet, play-calling wise.

Comment

Quoting myself from the other thread (because I'm on a roll right now - 1 in a row!!!)

Originally posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
          Considering the injuries and suspensions on D and throwing in the stint as interim head coach that he had to deal with on top of in hindsight how well he did with the dumpster fire of an organization in Jax. Yeah I would at least take a look at him.

Minny would probably be a good fit. They are a solid team just in need of a good QB - though they are drafting 8th, 5 teams ahead of them might take a QB. A bit like the KC situation last year.

All this applies to the Texans job, but even more so. They have the top pick and their choice of top QB to take there. (they aren't looking at JDR as far as I know)

Comment

Originally posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
            Quoting myself from the other thread (because I'm on a roll right now - 1 in a row!!!)

Props

I said, in Sept Gase would get interest from teams and got laughed at saying he's not ready. In today's NFL teams want young guys

Comment

Teams like to raid coaches from teams that win, but they need to remember they have a different roster to work with.

Comment

Gase needs another year IMO. Teams are so quick for the new face.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
                  Gase needs another year IMO. Teams are so quick for the new face.
                  Plus, it's not like Manning is going with him.

Comment

Wish these losers would go back to trying to emulate the "Patriot Way"
                    Tired of these interviews during playoff prep every year. No distractions this year.

Comment

Gase is one of the best coaches in football. I don't think he's ready to coach a team yet, but every position he's coached has put up career numbers. Our receivers, Orton, Tebow, and Manning.

Comment

Originally posted by barryr View Post
                        Plus, it's not like Manning is going with him.
                        Yep. Head coaches are only as good as their QB can take them. Belichick had a losing record before Brady. Dungy was fired in TB, gets Manning and wins a SB. Fox was 2-14 gets Manning and he's 13-3. McCarthy doesn't go to playoffs if Aaron Rogers doesn't play last game. These fired coaches have Weeden and Ponder.

Comment

Gase is going to get some play.

I don't understand the JDR hate. The guy was pretty successful in Jacksonville making them the most relevant they've been as a franchise. Where are they since JDR? Besides that, the Broncos defense has been pretty damn good over the past two years, all things considered, i.e., a few players screwing over a play and blowing the Broncos playoffs last year and 5 injuries to starters undermining what they were trying to do this year.

Comment

Gase has been fortunate to learn under a lot of good coaches.

He just simply isn't ready in my opinion...Even McDaniels stayed an extra year (this year)... you're talking about a HEAD COACH...

While I don't know Gase, just based on history, his experience isn't there. You're hiring him as a play caller, not a Mike Tomlin type.

Gase does have ties around the league though...I just don't see how teams could look at film and justify hiring him to take over your organization after 1 great season with Peyton Manning.

Mike McCoy was better suited because of experience...this one I gotta say...I wouldn't hire Gase as a HC (coming from a Broncos fan).
                            Last edited by Action; 12-30-2013, 09:02 AM.

Comment

I was thinking about this one when I heard the reports earlier today.

At first I said NO WAY, too YOUNG!! and wtf has he done anyway without Manning?
                              - But as Kaylore said, each position he has coached has done well.
                              - And I said the same about McCoy.
                              - If he does what McCoy did surrounding himself with experienced coaches OC/DC and doesnt try to "run every facet" he will be fine.

(Pretty soon we will be talking about the John Fox coaching tree)

Comment

Working...
                              X