X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agamemnon
    replied
    Originally posted by pricejj View Post
    2014 Salary Cap is $126.3M. It will be interesting to see how they handle all these 2014 FA's contracts long-term. If they all get market value, it could create big problems to maintain the entire team in 2015, when all of the big money FA's come up. It was widely expected that the 2015 cap would increase a lot. That's why Flacco's deal was so huge and kicks in during 2015. However, that won't be the case. It is now projected that the salary cap will be largely flat until 2016.
    I think it's obvious we will let certain people go. I'd be shocked if we try to keep everyone.

Leave a comment:

• pricejj
    replied
    Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
    My favorite offseason tradition is Pricejj completely oversimplifying the cap. But can it wait till the offseason?
    I said the Broncos would cut Dumervil and McGahee before it happened (which a blind monkey could see).

So put that in your vaporizer and inhale.

Leave a comment:

• pricejj
    replied
    Originally posted by Requiem View Post
    I wouldn't go by those numbers -- I don't think our cap is that bad anyways. Here is why. . .

SPOTRAC Tidbits:
    [LIST][*]First, they don't even have Kuper's contract right. They have it at six years and have it with a cap hit of 6 million dollars. Kuper isn't getting 6 million next year. Pretty sure he's one and done, or gets very little next season. Didn't they redo his crap pre-season?
    Kuper is right. The Broncos only redid Kuper's contract for this season. If he's cut this offseason, his $1.83M in remaining dead money goes on the 2014 cap.

[*]The Broncos have 41 players with money commitments next year. With the totals listed, (including Kuper and Champ at huge cap numbers they won't be at) -- it puts Denver at ~ 112 million committed. You can probably chop 10 million off that in savings from a Bailey retirement or restructure and getting rid of Kuper.
    [*]I doubt Dreessen is going to be sticking around at 3.33 million a year. I don't ever see him catch a ball.
    If the Broncos cut Kuper, and Dreessen, they will have about $21M to spend on Decker, Bailey, Phillips, Woodyard, Beadles, and Adams (or other SS).

[*]Chris Harris is an RFA and will get an affordable tender. Unrein and Carter are as well, but I could care less about them. Ihenacho and Holliday are ERFA -- won't be given big deals at all. Getting Harris back cheap is probably going to happen, which gives us room to go after DRC long-term if we'd like.
    I think Harris will get a 2nd round tender at $2.1M. DRC will count as a $7.1M cap hit next year if he's still on the roster 5 days after the SB.

[*]Very little dead money next year, a couple million -- three tops based off what I see right now.
    Dead money is about $4.5M including Kuper/Dreessen.

I am not sure what the cap is, but I expect Denver to have way less than 112 in cap commitments for 41 players on the roster for 2014 come the time of FA and Draft.

2014 Salary Cap is $126.3M. It will be interesting to see how they handle all these 2014 FA's contracts long-term. If they all get market value, it could create big problems to maintain the entire team in 2015, when all of the big money FA's come up. It was widely expected that the 2015 cap would increase a lot. That's why Flacco's deal was so huge and kicks in during 2015. However, that won't be the case. It is now projected that the salary cap will be largely flat until 2016.

Leave a comment:

• Hamrob
    replied
    The front office is going to have to earn their keep....make up for this past disaster of an offseason they had!

We need to keep our offense together and acquire the talent for a top 5 defense. They can do it. If they can sign DRC/Wood/Harris....get a little luck with Von and add a couple playmakers in the middle...we'll be good to go.

Leave a comment:

• Requiem
    replied
    Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
    My favorite offseason tradition is Pricejj completely oversimplifying the cap. But can it wait till the offseason?
    BMORE and I have something very special planned for you Maners.

If you thought THATS GOOD BRONCOS were fun things to watch -- you ain't seen nothing yet.

Leave a comment:

• SonOfLe-loLang
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Requiem
    replied
    I wouldn't go by those numbers -- I don't think our cap is that bad anyways. Here is why. . .

SPOTRAC Tidbits:
    • First, they don't even have Kuper's contract right. They have it at six years and have it with a cap hit of 6 million dollars. Kuper isn't getting 6 million next year. Pretty sure he's one and done, or gets very little next season. Didn't they redo his crap pre-season?
    • The Broncos have 41 players with money commitments next year. With the totals listed, (including Kuper and Champ at huge cap numbers they won't be at) -- it puts Denver at ~ 112 million committed. You can probably chop 10 million off that in savings from a Bailey retirement or restructure and getting rid of Kuper.
    • I doubt Dreessen is going to be sticking around at 3.33 million a year. I don't ever see him catch a ball.
    • Chris Harris is an RFA and will get an affordable tender. Unrein and Carter are as well, but I could care less about them. Ihenacho and Holliday are ERFA -- won't be given big deals at all. Getting Harris back cheap is probably going to happen, which gives us room to go after DRC long-term if we'd like.
    • Very little dead money next year, a couple million -- three tops based off what I see right now.

I am not sure what the cap is, but I expect Denver to have way less than 112 in cap commitments for 41 players on the roster for 2014 come the time of FA and Draft.
    Last edited by Requiem; 12-31-2013, 03:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• pricejj
    replied
    Originally posted by Sly_Eli View Post
    I can't find anywhere that says they declined the option. I thought that it's something they could make a decision on this offseason. And his club option is for around 5 mil, not 2 mil.

I agree that beadles probably shouldn't be resigned, and next year's free agency will be tough. Things change a lot in a year though.
    You might be on to something. If you look at DRC's salary on spotrac, his 2014 salary is crossed out, but I know the club has the option to keep him.
    http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-br...ers-cromartie/

Knowshon's is the same way:
    http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-br...owshon-moreno/

I wonder what the correct answer is. Would be so nice if the Broncos could still keep that option. It is listed as $2.065M

Leave a comment:

• Sly_Eli
    replied
    I think they declined the option earlier this year. Knowshon would have only been a $2.08M cap hit, but not anymore. I looked into it because I was surprised. Wood was surprised too.

Money is going to be thin this offseason. I think they should let Beadles walk. Hopefully the other guys will take hometown discounts. 2015 cap looks nightmarish.
    I can't find anywhere that says they declined the option. I thought that it's something they could make a decision on this offseason. And his club option is for around 5 mil, not 2 mil.

I agree that beadles probably shouldn't be resigned, and next year's free agency will be tough. Things change a lot in a year though.

Leave a comment:

• pricejj
    replied
    Originally posted by Sly_Eli View Post
    Knowshon is a ufa? I thought the team still holds the ability to exercise the option for next year?
    I think they declined the option earlier this year. Knowshon would have only been a $2.08M cap hit, but not anymore. I looked into it because I was surprised. Wood was surprised too.

Money is going to be thin this offseason. I think they should let Beadles walk. Hopefully the other guys will take hometown discounts. 2015 cap looks nightmarish.

Leave a comment:

• mennonite
    replied
    Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
    Just because I can call a spade a spade.

Leave a comment:

• Sly_Eli
    replied
    Knowshon is a ufa? I thought the team still holds the ability to exercise the option for next year?

Leave a comment:

• pricejj
    replied
    Wesley Woodyard interview on 102.3 -

When asked who is the most important FA to re-sign?

"Knowshon is the key. Defenses get so pissed off when he jumps up fast. Gotta keep Knowshon and Ball together. Need that 1-2 punch."

At first he said "Decker", because he didn't know the last year of Knowshon's deal was voided. "Gotta keep that Offense together."

Leave a comment:

• Broncos_OTM
    replied
    Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
    Just because I can call a spade a spade. Read everyone's post about Texans game and you would think it was like Sundays game. It was a battle and Denver had several 3 and outs in a row. It wasn't as dominant as people seem to think it was.
    I judge broncos games by the game day threads... there was a lot of meltdowns.. you sir are correct

Leave a comment:

• Broncos_OTM
    replied
    I've actually been stealing your thoughts all year. Many thanks are in order. Can't believe you didn't find out sooner. A check with revenue proceeds is in the mail.
    You've kept good humor about that.. ill let ya off the hook. :-)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X