Broncos at Raiders: Game Notes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Joker View Post
    If this team gets overconfident going into the playoffs after the Ravens game last year then they're idiots, frankly.
    This.

Comment

Originally posted by pricejj View Post
      Pryor doesn't make quick decisions, and is pretty horrible after sitting 6 games. He had at least 3 seconds on most of his drop backs, especially when the Broncos only rushed 4.

Rivers and Brady would tear that up.
      Seemed to me we were playing contain not allowing him to bust off huge runs. Just my thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
        Pryor is awful. Any sign of slightest pressure and he 360 spins to his left making a harder throw and costing him time. Yesterday's game told me nothing about this defense. What it did though was point how the Broncos will have to win against good defenses in the playoffs which is run the other team out of the game early on the scoreboard.
        Pryor is not, nor was he ever an NFL quarterback. The "tricky legwork" might have worked against a weak B1G, but is no match for the speed of the NFL, even the injury riddled Broncos. His running ability might have been useful yesterday, but Oakland didn't even try to take advantage of that.

May he have a long and unproductive career with the Raiders. This... from an Ohio State fan.

Comment

I love how Ball is playing. He is finally translating his game to the pros. He plays much more powerful than his weight - it takes like 5-6 guys to bring him down, and he cradles the ball like a boss now. His pass catching has improved - no more oven mitts. Now lets see that insane stiff-arm they analyzed in Sports Science.

Comment

I'm happy with the team's performances against the Texans and the Raiders. It would have been devastating to have lost to either team. The fact that we won big...is what was expected and they took care of business. Can't do much better than that.

Also encouraging is that our 3 losses came against playoff teams. 2 of which were on the road.

Having said all that...the Raiders and Texas will both have top 10 draft pics...meaning they're not very good. The big question will be...how this defense plays when they're facing Brady/Rivers/Luck etc. Schaub and Pryor aren't much of a challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamrob View Post
              I'm happy with the team's performances against the Texans and the Raiders.
              How quickly people forget that the Texans were down by 3 pts with the ball in fg range into the 4th quarter. That game was not a blowout and a lot closer than people remember. Thankfully Schaub is a bad QB and took 2 sacks and then the floodgates broke.

Comment

How quickly people forget that the Texans were down by 3 pts with the ball in fg range into the 4th quarter. That game was not a blowout and a lot closer than people remember. Thankfully Schaub is a bad QB and took 2 sacks and then the floodgates broke.
                You haven't seen the bright side in weeks

Comment

No, he probably started doing his first. I have been thinking of naming this list, which channels Omane posters thoughts (including yours). Instead of "gut reaction", I was thinking of naming it "bowel movement". Yes, I've already inquired about a copyright, so don't bother asking.
                  Wasn't gut reaction stolen from sandy clough?

Hershey Squirts is my vote :-)

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
                    You haven't seen the bright side in weeks
                    Just because I can call a spade a spade. Read everyone's post about Texans game and you would think it was like Sundays game. It was a battle and Denver had several 3 and outs in a row. It wasn't as dominant as people seem to think it was.

Comment

I've actually been stealing your thoughts all year. Many thanks are in order. Can't believe you didn't find out sooner. A check with revenue proceeds is in the mail.
                      You've kept good humor about that.. ill let ya off the hook. :-)

Comment

Just because I can call a spade a spade. Read everyone's post about Texans game and you would think it was like Sundays game. It was a battle and Denver had several 3 and outs in a row. It wasn't as dominant as people seem to think it was.
                        I judge broncos games by the game day threads... there was a lot of meltdowns.. you sir are correct

Comment

Wesley Woodyard interview on 102.3 -

When asked who is the most important FA to re-sign?

"Knowshon is the key. Defenses get so pissed off when he jumps up fast. Gotta keep Knowshon and Ball together. Need that 1-2 punch."

At first he said "Decker", because he didn't know the last year of Knowshon's deal was voided. "Gotta keep that Offense together."

Comment

Knowshon is a ufa? I thought the team still holds the ability to exercise the option for next year?

Comment

Just because I can call a spade a spade.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly_Eli View Post
                                Knowshon is a ufa? I thought the team still holds the ability to exercise the option for next year?
                                I think they declined the option earlier this year. Knowshon would have only been a $2.08M cap hit, but not anymore. I looked into it because I was surprised. Wood was surprised too.

Money is going to be thin this offseason. I think they should let Beadles walk. Hopefully the other guys will take hometown discounts. 2015 cap looks nightmarish.

Comment

Working...
                                X